y NBA team at some point in the season," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "You dont lose

in TeeLeague 21.08.2019 02:26
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers said he declined a chance to speak with owner Donald Sterling, who is alleged to have made racist comments in a recorded conversation. "I was asked, do I need to talk with Donald, and I passed, quite honestly," Rivers said Monday. "I dont think right now is the time or the place, for me, at least. I just tk a pass." Sterling is purported to have told a woman not to bring black people to his games or associate with them. "Yeah, I believe he said those things. But I still want to make sure," Rivers said during a conference call. "As far as believing those things? I heard what he said. Until someone tells me differently, you usually listen to what people say. I havent given him his due process. I havent given him an opportunity to explain himself and quite honestly right now I dont want him to. I want to wait for that further judgment." The coach cancelled practice Monday, a day after a 118-97 loss to the Golden State Warriors that evened their playoff series at 2-2. "I just felt like they needed to breathe. Theyve been inundated with this," Rivers said. Still, he said pretty much the entire team was at the clubs practice facility. "Ill go down and say hi to them and talk to them, make sure theyre in the right place. Right now its more than basketball. This is a non-basketball decision that I thought I had to make and I thought it was right decision. If you get your life better, then you can probably do your work better. They need to do that." Game 5 is Tuesday night in Los Angeles. "These last 48 hours or so have been really hard for our players and everyone," Rivers said. "Id just like to reiterate how disappointed I am in the comments attributed to our owner. I cant tell you how upset I am, our players are." Warriors coach Mark Jackson suggested that Clippers fans should boycott the game. "I believe if it was me, I wouldnt come to the game," Jackson said. "I believe the fans, the loudest statement that they can make as fans is to not show up to the game. ... To me, it will make the noise of it not being tolerated. That this is a different time. Its unfortunate, and we cannot allow someone with these feelings to profit." Rivers said he knew Jackson was speaking from his heart and that everyone has their opinion. "I dont share that. I hope its packed and people are cheering for us, the players. And they were cheering for the players before this happened. But if they feel differently, who can say theyre wrong? And Im not the one thats going to say that, I can tell you that." Rivers said its still to be determined whether he or a player will address the crowd. "Again, we dont know the right answer," Rivers said. "We want to do right here. We want to make the best decisions here. If we feel thats something will help our fans, then it will be done. If we feel its something they dont need, we wont do it. The tickets have already been sold. The fans, theyre in a dilemma as well. We want them to cheer for their players and their team. Because its still their players and their team, and it will be their players and their team. I think from what I get from the fans Ive heard from, thats how they feel, like, This is my team, these are my players Im cheering for, and thats not going to change. I hope that continues." Rivers said the controversy has been tough on his players. "What other players are going through Should I be playing thoughts in the middle of a playoff series? I sympathize for my players. They didnt sign on for this. Yet here they are and theyre in the middle of it and they have to deal with it. They didnt do anything wrong and theyre in the middle of it, and they didnt ask to be. I feel terrible for them. Im going to try to do whatever I can to make them OK." Matt Calvert Jersey .Y. -- First, Patrick Kane gave his family and friends something to cheer about by scoring a highlight-reel goal in a rare trip home to Buffalo on Sunday night. Ian Cole Jersey . Moments after his Brklyn Nets teammates ran out onto the court to congratulate him following their 100-98 overtime win over the Phoenix Suns on Friday night, Johnson could only shake his head at scoring only 13 points on 6-of-19 shting. http://www.hockeyavalanche.com/authentic...anche-jersey/.J. -- Rampage Jackson scowled, howled, then bellowed to the crowd: "Im back! Im back!" With rebuilt knees and a new promotion, Jackson might have one more act left in MMA. Matt Nieto Jersey . Rosbergs time of 1 minute, 33.185 seconds at the Bahrain International Circuit was a quarter of a second faster than Hamilton, who had to abandon his final flying lap after running wide at the first corner. Colorado Avalanche Jerseys . The club announced on Wednesday that Malhotra signed a 25-game professional tryout contract. The 33-year-old suffered a serious eye injury when struck by a puck during a game versus Colorado in March of 2011. SAN ANTONIO -- Russell Westbrk says theres no question Oklahoma City is the leagues best team. He backed up his words Saturday night by leading the Thunder to a dominant victory in a place few visiting teams have had success. Westbrk had 31 points and eight assists and Oklahoma City used a strong second quarter to beat the San Antonio Spurs 113-100 for its ninth straight victory. "We got the best record in the league; I believe were the best team in the league regardless of who says this and who says that," Westbrk said. "You have to go out and play. You can predict anything, but you have to play the game." The Thunder outscored the Spurs 40-29 in the second quarter to hand San Antonio only its second home loss this season. "It was one of our best scoring quarters," Oklahoma City coach Scott Brks said. "Not sure we have even had a 40-point quarter this season, but we moved the ball well and made shots. Both teams are hard to guard and both teams can score points. We got hot there in the second." Tony Parker had 23 points and eight assists in his return from a two-game absence due to a bruised shin, but Kawhi Leonard was a late scratch following a dental procedure. Even though they were without their best defender on the wing, San Antonio said Leonards absence had little to do with the loss. "Well, Im sure wed like to have Kawhi, but that happens to every NBA team at some point in the season," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "You dont lose just because of that. We would have loved to have had him, but they played better than we did tonight for more of the game." Kevin Durant, whom Leonard would have defended, only had 17 points while going 6 for 14 from the field. Instead, it was Westbrk and reserve guard Reggie Jackson who proved difficult to stop. Jackson had 21 points, four assists and only one turnover in 30 minutes. "This is the second game hes been playing gd against us," Parker said. "We have to find a solution for him. Westbrk and Durant they are going to score and take a lot of shots, but we cant let Jackson score that much. Thats two games in a row that I felt hes the one that hurt uss the most.dddddddddddd" Westbrk and Jackson were a combined 21 for 36 and handed out 12 assists. Playing their seventh game in 10 days, the Spurs lked lethargic after a strong start. The Thunder never trailed after Jacksons reverse layup put them up 21-19 with a minute remaining in the first quarter. Jackson had 10 points in the quarter. "Once we move the ball the way we did tonight, everybody touches it, were a pretty gd team," Durant said. "Once (the ball) gets sticky and try to play one-on-one, thats when we kind of struggle. Russell is doing a great job of getting everybody involved and picking and chsing his spots; when to score." The Spurs had won six of seven entering Saturdays game, but couldnt recover from the second-quarter pasting. "They made a lot of shots, you have to give them credit," Parker said. "I thought overall we played well, but they just played better." The Spurs committed five turnovers while taking only 17 shots in the period, which was one less than the Thunder made. San Antonio was 20 for 49 in the paint, continually missing layups. "That was tough," Parker said. "We couldnt get a lead. We were playing well, we made some stops, but we missed a lot of layups, thats basketball." The Spurs pulled within a pair of baskets on several occasions in the second half, but the Thunder responded with a small run each time. Jackson was usually at the forefront of the runs, going 8 for 14. "I just told the guys to keep inspiring each other on the defensive end," Brks said. "I told them to help their teammates out when they needed help and I felt they did that extremely well tonight. We have improved in that area for the past few years, but tonight was really gd." NOTES: Parker (shin bruise) was questionable, but started and played 33 minutes. He had eight assists while shting 6 for 14. ... Entering Saturdays game, the Thunder were averaging 109.9 points during their eight-game winning streak and shting 50.2 per cent. ... Popovich was whistled for a technical foul after complaining to official Monty McCutchen about a non-call on Tiago Splitters dunk attempt against Ibaka. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 460 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen