pitch.The 34-year-old takes pride in his uniquely h

in Mitglieder 20.08.2019 06:44
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- For five years, the Indianapolis Colts have beaten up Tennessee in every conceivable way.They won on their home turf and on the road. They won with Andrew Luck at quarterback, with former Titans starter Matt Hasselbeck behind center, even with backup Dan Orlovsky. They won in overtime, in blowouts, with fourth-quarter comebacks and a 2-point conversion stop.Perhaps that mind-boggling 10-game losing streak will finally end Sunday in Indy.Since I have been here I dont think we have beaten the Colts, so I am pushing that and telling everybody that that has to be our main objective, is to beat the Colts. Titans tight end Delanie Walker said. If we want to be the leaders in this division, this is one team that we have to beat.Actually, the skid predates Walkers arrival in 2013.The last Titans win in the series came Oct. 30, 2011. Six weeks later, the 0-14 Colts won 27-13 -- a loss that prevented the Titans from making the playoffs.This time, the Titans (5-5) are on one of their hottest streaks in years.DeMarco Murray has regained his league rushing champion form, second-year quarterback Marcus Mariota is playing the best ftball of his career, Walker is playing like a Pro Bowler, and the offense has already set a franchise record by scoring 35 or more points in three straight games.The defense held Aaron Rodgers in check last week, and coach Mike Mularkey opened up the playbk with an onside kick to being last weeks game, and Murrays halfback pass for a touchdown.Even the Colts can see Tennessee brimming with confidence.Indy (4-5), meanwhile, is trying to build momentum for a playoff push by winning back-to-back games for the first time all season.And despite having so much success against the Titans over all these years, the Colts know history alone wont help them this weekend.We have to be more consistent. One week we didnt tackle well. The next week we tackled well, but we didnt cover well. The next week ... you know? Indy safety Mike Adams said. Its t much of a roller-coaster ride, now we have to figure this thing out. Its time to peak because, as you guys already know, last week playoff ftball started.It did?Here are some things to watch Sunday:CHAMPION COLTS: Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Jeff Saturday and about three dozen more players from the 2006 Super Bowl champions will be in Indy for their 10-year reunion. Two players who likely wont participate in the halftime ceremony: kicker Adam Vinatieri and outside linebacker Robert Mathis, the only players from that team still on Indys roster.Luck called it a cl event but acknowledged its not something those in the locker rm are talking about. Theyre more focused on winning this game in front of the former Colts.CLICKING OFFENSE: The Titans are rolling. In addition to the three 35-plus point games, they have scored at least 26 points in each of their last six, and their 33 touchdowns are tied for second in the league (San Diego). The streak has been spurred by Murray, the NFLs second-leading rusher, who has four 100-yard games in the last six. He ran for 107 yards in the first meeting with Indy last month. Mariota has thrown an NFL-high 17 TDs with only three interceptions in those six games, and his passer rating (119) over that span is No. 2 in the NFL.HEALTH CHECK: Indys bye came at the perfect time and now the Colts could reap the benefits. If the practice reports are correct, the Colts offense could have its original starting lineup for the first time since Week 2. Left guard Jack Mewhort (triceps) and right tackle Joe Reitz (concussion) both returned to practice after missing the Green Bay game two weeks ago. The return of both could help keep Luck stay upright, t. Hes been sacked a league-high 33 times this season.PROTECTING MARIOTA: Defenses have sacked Mariota just twice in the past three games -- both coming last week after left tackle Taylor Lewan was ejected for contact with an official. The Titans have allowed only 14 sacks all season and are sixth in the league, yielding a sack on 4.4 percent of pass attempts. Mularkey said he hopes watching the game from the locker rm taught Lewan a lesson, and Mularkey wants his left tackle to make sure hes safely back in the huddle to avoid any issues.Im hoping that when he watched, he saw that we can play without him and be effective, Mularkey said.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Adidas Nmd Italia . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. st-350-saldi-uomo.html" target="_blank">Yeezy Bst 350 v2 Scontate . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. http://www.yeezyscarpeitalia.it/ .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Mre to take over as receivers coach. st-350-saldi-uomo.html" target="_blank">Yeezy Bst 350 Italia .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Scarpe Yeezy Negozi .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. CHICAGO -- White Sox right-hander James Shields vowed Tuesday to stay in the rotation despite back pain and asked for patience from fans amid the worst season of his career.A day after Chicago manager Robin Ventura suggested Shields could be shut down, the 11-year veteran said a doctors visit produced gd news.Knock on wd, I havent missed a start my whole career and I dont really plan on it, either, Shields said. Its one of those things where Im pretty sure Ill be out there on Saturday.Shields struggled early in the season with San Diego, even allowing hefty New York Mets pitcher Barolo Colons first home run in May. He faced public criticism from Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler, then was dealt to the White Sox on June 5.Besides a six-start stretch in July when he had 1.71 ERA, Shields has been hit hard. Hes 3-10 with a 7.50 ERA in 17 starts with Chicago. He said hes had off-and-on back pain.Its been a crazy year, man, Shields said. A lot of things going on. Obviously I got traded. Things that happened in San Diego that werent under my control. Come in here to a new team, probably out of the gates tried to do t much, then settled in and then didnt do to well.Shields was an All-Star with Tampa Bay in 2011 and helped Kannsas City reach the World Series in 2014.ddddddddddddHis nine straight 200-inning seasons make the longest active streak in the majors.I know hes always taken the ball, Ventura said. If hes feeling healthy hes going to go back out there and pitch.The 34-year-old takes pride in his uniquely heavy workload at a time when other pitchers are doing less in an effort to stay healthy and effective.Some years you have a really gd feel for the baseball and some years you dont, Shields said. Unfortunately this year I havent felt it like I wanted to. Ive been a bulldog my whole career and Im going to assess things this offseason and hopefully finish strong.Shields, a combined 5-17 with a 6.05 ERA with the Padres and White Sox, is in danger of a 20-loss season if he stays in the rotation.He can opt out of his contract after this season, but almost certainly wont. Hes due $21 million in each of the next two years.I love it here. If there is any city my wife wanted me to go to it was Chicago for sure, Shields said. Hopefully the fans will stick with me a little bit, believe in me and we can get better next year. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 184 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen