h. "Sorry." Heat guard Ray Allen also outmanoeuvred

in Laberecke 20.08.2019 02:13
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Baltimore Orioles relief pitcher Troy Patton was suspended by Major League Baseball on Friday for the first 25 games of next season after a positive test for a banned amphetamine. Patton told The Baltimore Sun that he tk an Adderall pill four days before the season finished, trying to improve his short-term focus. "I tk one because I was stupid," Patton told The Sun. "It was the end of the season. It was just a stupid mistake." "I dont have trouble focusing all the time, it just enhances focus in certain situations, and I was just tired, basically. I dont want to list that as an excuse. I know I tk a banned substance. It was just a pr lapse in judgment," he said. The 28-year-old left-hander, a veteran of five major league seasons, was 2-0 with a 3.70 ERA this year in 56 relief appearances. Under the drug agreement between MLB and its players union, 25 games is the penalty for a second positive amphetamine test. A first positive results only in six unannounced follow-up tests over the next year. Patton said he also tested positive for Adderall during spring training in 2010. Patton became the 15th player suspended this year under the big league drug program following 14 penalized as a result on MLBs Biogenesis investigation. Orioles executive vice-president of baseball operations Dan Duquette said the team was "disappointed to learn of Troy Pattons suspension." MLB permits an exemption for players with attention deficit disorder, but Patton told The Sun hed never been diagnosed with the condition. He said he tried to apply an exemption in 2012 but was turned down after doctors examined him. The annual report from the drug programs independent administrator, Dr. Jeffrey M. Anderson, said 119 therapeutic use exemptions were granted for ADHD drugs in the year ending with the conclusion of the World Series. There were seven positive tests for Adderall in that span. Brandon Pirri Jersey .com) - Mike Conley scored 20 points with five assists to help the Memphis Grizzlies remain unbeaten with a 91-89 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday. William Karlsson Jersey . So far, so gd: Gonzalez has allowed one run through 12 innings this season. His second start came Tuesday night, when he gave up only three singles over six innings to lead the Nationals to a 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins. http://www.goldenknightssale.com/authent...knights-jersey/. Viewers in the Canadiens region can watch the game on TSN Canadiens at 70pm et/40pm pt. The game can also be heard on TSN Radio Montreal 690. The Calgary Flames will see if they can take their recent hot streak on the road when they sht for a sixth consecutive win Monday night in Montreal. Marc-Andre Fleury Jersey . -- Top-ranked Stacy Lewis birdied the last three holes and five of the final six Thursday for an 8-under 64 and a share of the lead with Mi Jung Hur in the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. William Karlsson Golden Knights Jersey .Before a raucous sellout crowd, the Hawks won for the 29th time in 31 games to extend their Eastern-best record to 36-8.As usual, pretty much everyone chipped in.Four starters were in double figures and backup point guard Dennis Schroder led a spurt at the start of the fourth quarter that helped the Hawks pull away.MIAMI -- Outfought for a late rebound by Dwyane Wade, a grinning LeBron James chided his teammate as they ran upcourt. With the game in hand, the Miami Heat could worry about individual stats. Wade and James had handsome numbers in Mondays 102-96 victory over the Detroit Pistons. James totalled 24 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds, just missing the Heats first triple-double of the season. Wade scored 30 points, his best total since Dec. 18 in an injury-hampered season, and he added a season-high 10 rebounds and five assists. James, who has come close to a triple-double several times this season, was blanked in the rebound department down the stretch. When Wade snatched one away from him with 4 minutes left, he heard about it from his taller teammate. "D-Wade knew what he had going on, t," James said. "He was like, I need this double-double. He had a heck of a game. He was spectacular." Wade pleaded guilty to being briefly motivated by getting his first double-double of the season. "I was going for a double-double," he said with a laugh. "Sorry." Heat guard Ray Allen also outmanoeuvred James for a rebound in the final minutes, which left James muttering to the Heat bench. James finished two rebounds shy of a triple-double for the third time this season, and another time he came within two assists. "Hes working on the all-time record for near misses on triple-doubles," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Its not meant for it to happen this year," James said with a chuckle. "My own guys got me. But a win is what its about, and Im happy we played well for most of the game." Wade, who sat out four consecutive games last month to rest his troublesome knees, lked rejuvenated. He shot 13 for 19 and played 37 minutes, his fifth-highest total this season. "That rest did him well," teammate Chris Bosh said. "He has a lot of spring in his legs. When he plays well, were a tough team to beat." Bosh scored 17 points to help Miami win for the fifth time in six games. Allens bbuzzer-beating 3-pointer put the Heat up 84-80 after three periods, and they pulled away from there.dddddddddddd Wades 3-pointer put them ahead by 13 points for the first time, 98-85. Brandon Jennings had 26 points and seven assists for the Pistons, who trailed almost the entire game and tk it badly. They were called for four technical fouls. "We can get upset with them, but you have to learn how to deal with it," coach Maurice Cheeks said. "When youre on the road, you have to learn to forget about whats going on." Greg Monroe had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Detroit, which lost despite forcing 20 turnovers and holding an edge of 51-44 in rebounds. "We just fell short," said Josh Smith, who shot only 5 for 20. "They are the world champs, so we have to play almost perfect." The Heat, who began the week three games behind Eastern Conference leader Indiana, started strong and scored 13 points before they missed a shot. From 41-all, James and Wade teamed up for back-to-back fast-break baskets. The second came when Wade fed Mario Chalmers, whose alley-p over the hp perfectly led an airborne James for a one-handed throw-down dunk. "The way it came out of Rios hand, I didnt think I was going to get it," James said. "But I tried, and the man above has given me some unbelievable abilities. I just try to take full advantage of them." James also tweaked his left shoulder and right hand, and was called for committing a foul with his face when he became entangled with Monroe. Will Bynums four-point play put the Pistons up 48-47, but that was their last lead. Miami went on a 14-2 run near the end of the half and led 63-57 at halftime. Notes: Miamis Michael Beasley tipped a rebound into the Pistons basket in the second quarter. ... Pistons F-C Josh Harrellson sat out with a sore knee. ... The Heat play six road games before their next home game Feb. 23. ... The Heat improved to 20-5 when leading after one quarter. ... The Pistons are 1-21 when trailing after three periods. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 303 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen