though obviously were hoping for a couple more winners along

in Mitglieder 19.08.2019 11:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Go gold or go home.Majlinda Kelmendi won Kosovos first Olympic medal on Sunday, taking gold in the womens 52-kilogram judo division.The top-ranked Kelmendi, the young countrys best-known athlete, was the favorite heading into the competition. She scored only once against Odette Giuffrida in the final, but it was enough to beat the Italian.To be honest, I came here for the gold medal, but its crazy, Kelmendi said. This is the first time that Kosovo is part of the Olympics, and for the first time, I think gold is huge.After her victory was announced, Kelmendi hugged Giuffrida and then walked off the mat in tears. Wearing a blue uniform -- one that matched many of the Kosovo flags being waved in the arena -- a teary Kelmendi waved to the crowd and raised her arms.Kelmendi has struggled for years to represent her country, which declared independence from Serbia in 2008, in the Japanese martial art.At the 2012 London Games, she represented Albania because Kosovo was not recognized by the International Olympic Committee until 2014. Four years ago, Kelmendi lost to Christianne Legentil of Mauritius in the second round. In Rio de Janeiro, the two met again and Kelmendi advanced.She said her toughest fight on Sunday was the semifinal bout against Misato Nakamura, a three-time world champion and one of the judoka who has inspired her.The 24-year-old Kelmendi is also a former world champion and was her countrys flagbearer when the eight-member Kosovo team walked in the opening ceremony. She has Kosovo and Albanian citizenship and started judo in Sarajevo when she was 8, when her sister convinced her to give it a try.I always wanted to be part of the Olympic Games with the Kosovo flag and the Kosovo anthem, she said. I had dreamed for this moment for so long and I had refused so many offers, so many millions from other countries (to represent them).There are no millions in the world that can make me feel how I feel today.The bronze medals went to Nakamura, who also won a bronze at the Beijing Games, and Natalia Kuziutina of Russia.In the mens 66-kilogram division, 26th-ranked Fabio Basile of Italy surprised top-ranked An Baul of South Korea by flipping him for an immediate victory less than two minutes into the fight.Its hard to believe that its not still a dream, Basile said.The bronze medals were won by Rishod Sobirov of Uzbekistan and Masashi Ebinuma of Japan. Kirk Gibson Jersey . A big centre with all the tls to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Maury Wills Dodgers Jersey . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. http://www.ladodgersprostore.us/Jackie-Robinson-dodgers-jersey/ . Kyle Denbrk, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, tk the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Chris Taylor Jersey . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. Joe Kelly Youth Jersey . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. LAS VEGAS -- With the Summer Olympics in August (and golf returning as a medal event for the first time since 1904), the PGA Championship was moved up to the last weekend in July to give us a condensed major schedule.Thats OK with yours truly, as were coming off giving out the winners of the U.S. Open (Dustin Johnson at 12-1) and British Open (Henrik Stenson at 25-1) in our betting guides here at ESPN Chalk. Johnson was my top value bet at Oakmont while Stenson was my third choice at Royal Trn.Now, this isnt normal, as I cant recall having back-to-back winners in my guide before. My goal in using around three players (sometimes four; often Ive used only two) is to find players that are likely to outplay their odds and to hit enough winners to show an overall profit. Ive done four golf betting guides for Chalk (and a total of 12 golfers), so the Johnson victory had us back to around even, but then the Stenson win has us playing with house money in the majors for about the next two yearss (though obviously were hoping for a couple more winners along the way to stay well ahead).ddddddddddddThe PGA Championship runs this Thursday through Sunday at Baltusrol in Springfield, New Jersey. Johnson is the 8-1 favorite at the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBk, followed by Rory McIlroy and defending champion Jason Day at 9-1, Jordan Spieth at 12-1 and Stenson at 15-1. But while those are the favorites, dont forget that weve had first-time major winners in the three majors so far this year (but, no, Im resisting Sergio Garcia -- who probably inherits the undesired title of best to never win a major -- at 25-1).Were joined by my ESPN Chalk colleague Will Harris in lking for more live bets to add to your own handicapping (note: all listed odds are from the Westgate SuperBk as of Monday, July 24, but shop around for the best number):Will Harris value plays ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 92 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen