for a lot of guys, said Josi. You

in Spam Area!!! 14.08.2019 09:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

TORONTO -- The early-season struggles of the Nashville Predators werent just about a team trying to find cohesion with new parts on the ice.It was just as much about Nashville redefining its leadership core following the departure of former captain Shea Weber as well as other veterans such as Barret Jackman, Paul Gaustad and Eric Nystrom.And what youre seeing now, perhaps -- as the Preds have picked up points in six straight games (4-0-2) heading into their game Tuesday against the?Toronto Maple Leafs?-- is a team that has defined its pl of leaders through that early adversity.When you lose a lot of players, not just Shea, guys are figuring out where their spot is early in the season, new captain Mike Fisher said on Tuesday after the teams morning skate. So its all kind of new on the ice as well as off the ice. I feel like we went through a stretch where we realized we were a lot better than we were but [figured], Lets learn through it. I feel like were coming out better on the other side. Were figuring out how we need to play, our identity.Added alternate captain James Neal: Everyone is going through the change with new roles, a lot of younger guys, and new faces. Thats part of it. But we knew wed come out of it. Its all part of hard work.Its also part of the legacy that a guy like Weber left behind. Go around the Predators rm like I did on Tuesday, and youll see the players faces light up when asked to put into words what their former captain meant to them.He had an amazing presence, said winger Colin Wilson. Hes one of the best guys I ever played with, best leaders, thats what hes known for. He set the tone every single day.The way Weber handled his day-to-day approach still influences his former teammates.Just seeing him working hard every practice, every day in the gym ... he never tk a day off. He was just a true professional, said defenseman Mattias Ekholm. It was a pleasure to grow into the league with a guy like that as a leader. You feel how blessed youve been to have had a guy like that to lk up to, and try to be as gd as him every day.As his?Montreal Canadiens teammates are learning, Weber sets the tone by what he does, not so much what he says.He wasnt a huge talker, Wilson said. Its more that he showed up, and when you have a leader whos dialed in every single day, every practice ... . He never tk any days off, he led by example. Hes an intense guy and hes somebody you wanted to play for. Hes also a lot of fun, he kept the dressing rm pretty light.Added Neal: Sheas just a great guy, a great person, a great hockey player. He didnt need to say much. Thats the kind of leader he was and the kind of guy he is. When there were problems, he would be able to hide them. He put his work in every day, and if you didnt put the work in with him, you were falling behind. All great leaders are like that. He was a fun guy to play with.Talented blueliner Roman Josi, an alternate captain, is growing into a bigger leadership role.Its definitely kind of new for a lot of guys, said Josi. You just kind of grow into a leadership role and try to learn from the older guys. You try to get more comfortable with it.The player acquired for Weber, the dynamic P.K. Subban, is part of that group of guys who can each lead in their own way. For Subban that means delivering on the ice (the defenseman is tied for fourth in goals, with three, and points, with eight), but also trying, in times of adversity like the Predators had in the opening month (losing six of their first eight games) to keep the right frame of mind at the rink.It has been a challenge. I really believe that a lot of the outcome of whatever the situation youre in is determined by your attitude and how you approach it, Subban said on Tuesday. I always approach everything with a positive attitude. I seem to get more success doing that than anything else.Picked by many before the season as serious Stanley Cup challengers, the Predators are showing signs of becoming that team. And Ekholm said the early-season losses, while frustrating, might have been a blessing in disguise because they forced everyone in the rm to understand what it was going to take.I think we can be a contender, but not unless everyone works hard and understands their roles and what have you, said Ekholm. We have strong leaders in this rm still with a lot of the older guys. We got a lesson in the beginning and now were finding our stride. We just have to keep at it. O. J. Simpson Youth Jersey .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Ed Oliver Womens Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-OJ-Simpson-Bills-Jersey/ . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Thurman Thomas Womens Jersey . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Bruce Smith Youth Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. World Junior bronze-medallist Sachin Singh (49kg) on Saturday became only the third Indian boxer ever to strike gold at the AIBA Youth World Championships with a stunning unanimous victory over Cuban national champion Jorge Grinan in the summit clash at St Peterburg, Russia.The 17-year-old outpunched his more fancied rival 5-0 to record a rare Indian triumph over a Cuban boxer.Two of my fellow Indian boxers had lost to Cubans earlier in the tournament, I wanted to extract revenge and I am glad I could do it. It is very satisfying to beat stronger and better rivals, especially if it happens to be a Cuban, Sachin told PTI from St Petersburg after the brilliant triumph.It is a huge moment in my career. I fought five bouts in this tournament and I am glad I could give a performance like this. The Cuban was also gd but its just that he could not trap me in his strategy. I never allowed him to get close to me, the confident youngster said.The lanky teen, who once again put his powerful left jab to gd use, displayed brilliant ringcraft against his shorter and often clueless opponent.India thus finished the tournament with one gold and a bronze, a marked improvement from the solitaryy bronze won in the 2014 edition.ddddddddddddNaman Tanwar (91kg) had settled for a bronze after losing in the semifinal yesterday.As promised at a send-off function before the boxers departure to Russia, the newly-formed Boxing Federation of India was quick to announce a Rs one lakh cash award for Sachin, while Naman will be presented Rs 25,000. The BFI has also promised to suitably reward the coaches travelling with the team. Our young boxers Sachin and Naman have made India proud by winning medals in the Youth World Championships. I hope these cash awards will encourage them to do even better in future. This is the first step towards our country reclaiming its rightful place as a boxing power in the world, BFI President Ajay Singh said.The Bhiwani lad, whose formative coaching tk place at the Hawa Singh Academy, joined Thokchom Nanao Singh and Vikas Krishan in the Indian youth world championships gold club. While Nanao had finished on top in the 2008 edition in the now phased out 48kg category, Vikas had brought home the welterweight gold in 2010. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 282 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen