a day in the violence-ridden city and

in Bewerbung 11.08.2019 07:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank will be allowed to call witnesses and plead his case directly to the AFL appeals board when he attempts to have his lifetime ban overturned.Dank, the architect of Essendons ill-fated 2012 supplements program, was found guilty of 10 breaches of the AFLs anti-doping code in April last year.He was subsequently banned for life from working in any sport in Australia or overseas by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.The appeals board issued a statement on Friday to clarify Danks rights at the open hearing after a Fairfax Media report stated only written submissions would be allowed.The statement contained in the article that oral submissions (and by inference that oral evidence) would not be allowed at the hearing of Mr Danks appeal is totally incorrect, the statement from board members Peter OCallaghan QC, Murray Kellam AO and Geoff Giudice AO read.All parties shall be entitled to call and rely upon such oral or written evidence as is relevant and make such oral or written submissions as they consider appropriate.Danks appeal will be heard at AFL House on Monday and is expected to go for three days.Thirty-four past and present Essendon players missed the 2016 season after they were banned in January for anti-doping code violations arising from the supplements program Dank oversaw.Greedy Williams Womens Jersey . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity ftball teams. Myles Garrett Youth Jersey . Now, correct me if Im wrong but I saw one official distinctly pointing at the net indicating a gd goal but after an inconclusive review they overturned the goal. Shouldnt the ruling on the ice (gd goal) stand after an inconclusive review? Why was this overturned? James Veaudry Pembroke, ON -- Hey Kerry, Youll get a lot of these, but why was the Montreal goal against Nashville Saturday night overturned? Eller puts the puck on net and the on ice ruling from the ref behind the net is a Montreal goal. http://www.brownsauthenticproshop.com/Youth-Antonio-Callaway-Browns-Jersey/ . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. Myles Garrett Browns Jersey . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rkie season. Austin Corbett Browns Jersey . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111.Ryan Lochte and his three teammates did not initially inform the U.S. Olympic Committee they were robbed at gunpoint in a Rio taxi early Sunday morning because we were afraid wed get in trouble, the American swimmer told USA Today Sports on Tuesday.?Lochtes response comes after a police official with knowledge of the investigation told The Associated Press earlier Tuesday that police cannot find their taxi driver or witnesses, and that?the swimmers were unable to provide key details in police interviews.Lochtes attorney, Jeff Ostrow, said that there was no question the robbery happened and that Lochte hired 24-hour security after the incident. Lochte returned to the U.S. on Tuesday.I know that Ryan didnt want this to turn into what it did, Ostrow told USA Today Sports. The Olympics are more important and Team USAs performances are more important.According to Lochte, 32, and the United States Olympic Committee, the swimmers were returning to the athletes village by taxi after a night out at the French Olympic teams hospitality house in the Rodrigo de Freitas area in the citys upscale south zone. The outing occurred several hours after Olympic swimming ended Saturday night at the Rio Games.Traveling with Lochte were Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen. Lochte swam in two events at the Rio Games, winning gold in the 4x200-meter freestyle relay. He is a 12-time Olympic medalist.The group did not call police, authorities said, and officers began investigating once they saw media reports in which Lochtes mother spoke about the robbery. Police interviewed Lochte and one other swimmer, who said they had been intoxicated and could not remember what type and color of taxi they rode in or where the robbery happened, the police official said. The swimmers also could not say what time the events occurred.Later in the day, Lochte described the incident to NBCs Today show.We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing, just a police badge and they pulled us over, Lochte said. They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground -- they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like, we didnt do anything wrong, so -- Im not getting down on the ground.And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, Get down, and I put my hands up, I was like, Whatever.dddddddddddd He tk our money, he tk my wallet -- he left my cellphone, he left my credentials.Word of the robbery initially created confusion between Olympic and U.S. officials. An International Olympic Committee spokesman at first said reports of the robbery were absolutely not true, then reversed himself, apologized and said he was relying on initial information from the USOC that was wrong.Scott Leightman, a spokesman for USA Swimming, said the organization has no further comment and referred back to a statement issued Sunday by the USOC that briefly described the robbery and said that all four swimmers were safe and cperating with authorities.The incident got attention in part because of fears about street crime at the Games. Athletes and visitors have been told to use caution around the Olympics. Street crime was a major concern of Olympic organizers, and Brazil deployed 85,000 soldiers and police to secure the Games, twice as many as Britain used during the 2012 London Olympics.Authorities are treating the swimmers as victims and continuing to investigate, lking for security ftage at the French hospitality house and nearby gas stations to build a timeline of the night. Security ftage from the athletes village obtained by police shows the swimmers arriving at 6:56 a.m. on Sunday, the official said.Rio police commonly struggle to obtain information while investigating street crimes in Brazil as they encounter dozens of robberies a day in the violence-ridden city and lack the resources to get to the bottom of every case. Many such crimes dont even get reported by victims.Fake police stops like the one reported by Lochte happen in Rio, but are not common in that area, police say. They are typically a bigger problem in the prer cities where police are less present.Lochte signed a statement Monday confirming the facts he provided, his attorney said.Ryan was a hundred percent cperative and fully available when they reached out to us for an interview, Ostrow said. He added: It doesnt behve Ryan and anyone else to make up a story.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 295 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen