as an independent athlete under exceptional elig

in Mitglieder 10.08.2019 10:47
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

For every professional wrestler who gets to fulfill their dreams of becoming a top champion in WWE, there are far more who toil for years without that particular reward and ultimately fall by the wayside.Perhaps thats why?Becky Lynch?is so humble.The hard work starts now, Lynch repeated several times during a conference call to promote WWEs upcoming November European tour. It has clearly become a mantra for her.A strong work ethic is all the 29-year-old Irishwoman has ever known since deciding to quit a party lifestyle at 15 years old. Rebecca Quins foray into the wrestling industry began in June 2002 at St. Andrews National Schl in Bray County Wicklow, Ireland. It was an hour train ride for her from Dublin, and then a half-hour walk. There she was trained by none other than her compatriot Fergal Devitt -- who would go on to become?Finn Bálor?in WWE.Five months later she had her first match. It would take almost 14 more years before she reached the pinnacle of the wrestling business by becoming the first Smackdown womens champion at WWEs Backlash pay-per-view on Sept. 11.As she put it to ESPN, quoting the popular Drake song with a laugh: We started from the bottom, now were here.Lynch was visibly emotional after emerging victorious over five other women --?Carmella,?Naomi,?Nikki Bella,?Alexa Bliss?and?Natalya?-- in their Six-Pack elimination match to determine the first SmackDown womens?champion.It was hard to believe, she said. But it was the culmination of everything that Ive worked for. Not just this year but since I was 15 years old and first stepped into that little schl hall where we had six blue mats instead of a wrestling ring, and just started training with Finn Bálor.There is a touching symbolism in Lynch and Bálor each making their breakthroughs in WWE by winning new titles; Bálor became the inaugural Universal champion at SummerSlam, before having to relinquish the title the next night on Raw due to a shoulder injury.Each sacrificed a lot to reach this point of their careers.It was the culmination of half my lifes work -- just personified in a white and blue and gold championship, said Lynch. Its hard to describe. But everything comes flashing back to me.You can be going through hardships sometimes, and youre struggling, and then youre wondering if youre ever gonna make it, she continued. [Wondering] if things are gonna work out, and you just keep pushing forward. And then getting this symbol, this trophy, you just realize that all the struggle, all the hard times they were all worth it -- and you wouldnt give any of them back, because thats what makes the journey even better.Born in Dublin, Lynch cut her teeth regularly wrestling for France-based independent promotion Queens of Chaos, winning their world title in 2006; she also appeared for Englands One Pro Wrestling and German Stampede Wrestling at that stage of her career. She then traveled to North America to continue to sharpen her skills and gain experience, competing in SuperGirls Wrestling where she became the inaugural SuperGirls champion. In 2006 Lynch debuted for the Shimmer Women Athletes promotion -- one of the premier womens wrestling brands in the world, and a company that carries on to this day.Just as her professional wrestling career was starting to hit its stride, it nearly came crashing down with a vengeance. In September 2006, Lynch was diagnosed with possible damage to her eighth cranial nerve after a match in Germany. After nearly two years of rest and recovery she was set to return to the ring in 2008, but changed her plans at the last minute as thoughts of health issues caused her to reconsider her career. Thinking it may be time to do something else with her life, she went on an even longer extended hiatus from wrestling, taking a job as a flight attendant for Irish airline Aer Lingus.Her love for wrestling simply couldnt be extinguished.The whole time I was working as a flight attendant, I knew that this [wrestling] was what I wanted to do, she said. Because Id given it up, and it kept haunting me that I wasnt doing what I was meant to be doing. There was always part of me that knew I had to come back, I just didnt know how.?Lynch quit her job and returned to the wrestling world as a manager for Britani Knight -- now known as WWE superstar?Paige?-- in Shimmer in 2011. She also completed a degree in drama at the Dublin Institute of?Technology, got herself cast in numerous plays, and tried her hand as a stuntwoman. Lynch even attended clown college, a fact that should come as little surprise given her penchant for making puns and her fun-loving nature, which is certainly evident on her social media accounts.Wrestling just kept calling out for her, and eventually Lynch could not ignore the urge to scratch that itch. Having pressed pause on her dreams for seven years, Lynch signed with WWE in 2013 and became a part of the NXT roster and developmental brand for the next two years. Lynch eventually got a main roster call-up in 2015, and by 2016 she had a stand-out Wrestlemania performance in a triple threat match with?Charlotte?and?Sasha Banks.As Lynch noted, she has gone from serving people on planes to being served on planes all the time, as part of WWEs hectic travel schedule.My life changed completely. Its crazy now, she said. Its kind of gone from striving and wondering and being confused and being lost to just feeling like the most blessed person in the world -- just happy to wake up every day, happy to get on a plane every time. Just couldnt be happier with life, really.It is remarkable to think how far Lynch has come in such a short time in WWE -- even moreso when you consider just how far shes come from a forgettable and at times painful gimmick she was saddled with upon her on-screen debut on NXT. Before each of her matches, she would dance a jig to the ring accompanied by whimsical Irish music, harkening back to an era where almost anyone who came into the WWE from anywhere outside of North America was immediately tied to a stereotypical character trait.Let us never talk about that again, Lynch told ESPN, laughing. You know what, you cant get worse than that. Sometimes youve just gotta fricking make a fl out of yourself and then you become little bit untouchable. So, I tell ya, its gonna make one hell of a biography one day, I hope. That was terrible, and we all know it was terrible. Let nobody else say anything different.?It speaks to the self-confidence of Lynch that she sought out then-NXT head trainer Bill DeMott for an honest chat regarding the direction of her persona.I remember just seeing, Youve gotta find a character, youve gotta find a character, was the whole thing [in NXT], and I just remember going to Bill DeMott at the time and just going, I know that I need a character, but I AM a character. So I said that. And from then on it was just fine tuning. I just developed my lk, which is obviously very different, and steam punk. But the character is just me amped up a bit more.Its so important just to be true to yourself and to own your own character and take responsibility for it, and speak up and say, This isnt right, this isnt me, she continued. Its a great lesson, not just in wrestling but in life. If youre not feeling something thats true to your heart... everybodys gotta be true. If youre not gonna be able to commit to it 100 percent, its just gonna seep through your pores. And the crowd picks up on that. They have a way of picking up on energy sometimes. They wont be sure why they dont watch something, or why something is off to them, but theyll tell you. And thats the great thing about the WWE Universe. If they dont like something theyll let you know. You wont be wondering.?After dropping the bright green ring gear and the jig on her way to the ring, Lynch slowly won over the Full Sail University crowd in Orlando, Florida by proving she could hang with fellow NXT female upstarts Charlotte, Banks and?Bayley. The four of them put on what is considered one of the matches that prompted the Divas (later womens) Revolution in WWE -- a Fatal Four-way match for the NXT womens championship at?NXT Takeover: Rival in February 2015.That match made such an impact that the four participants became colloquially known as the Four Horsewomen. It was quite the compliment, given it was a nod to the famous NWA/WCW Four Horsemen stable that consisted of wrestling legends including Charlottes father (and 16-time world champion) Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, alongside some other heavy hitters in wrestling history.Five months later Lynch, Banks and Charlotte were called up to the main roster, with Bayley remaining in NXT where she won the womens championship and helping to carry the brand before finally joining Raw last month. All four played a pivotal role expanding the perception of what women could do in a wrestling ring.As that revolution evolved, the oft-panned butterfly belt Divas title was scrapped and the division was entirely rebranded. The women are now simply referred to as superstars, like their male counterparts. Charlotte won the new Womens Championship in a triple threat match against Banks and Lynch at Wrestlemania 32, and Lynch only sees and lks forward to even bigger things in their future.?Next I wanna main event Wrestlemania, Lynch said. But also its one thing to get to the top, its another thing to stay there. This is where the hard work starts, I didnt wanna just win the championship, I wanted to make the Smackdown womens division the one to watch. I want to get people emotionally invested, I want them to feel it more than anything else on the show. And thats the goal. To stay in this, to keep pushing the limits, and working harder, getting further, getting more of a following, because were main-eventing Wrestlemania and everybody knows we deserve to.It is no surprise to hear the matchup Lynch thinks could finally get the women on last at a Wrestlemania -- another fatal fourway with the Four Horsewomen. But could she ever see herself, Banks, Charlotte and Bayley teaming up as a formidable faction?h, thats a gd question. I think were better fighting each other, to be honest with you, she said, laughing. Thats where magic happens. But who knows? I could see it happening very easily, especially with the talent were gonna have coming up from NXT sn, with Asuka, and Billie Kay and Peyton Royce, to name just a few. I dont know if we will be reunited as a group, as a unit. But we will be reunited to main event Wrestlemania.For now, Lynch is relishing the responsibility of being the face of the womens division on SmackDown Live. Along with Nikki Bella, she is an experienced figurehead trusted to help nurture the younger talents like Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Eva Marie. Lynch sees herself much like?AJ Styles, the WWE world champion on SmackDown who proclaims he is the face that runs the place and the champ that runs the champ -- with one small?difference.Im the champ that puns the camp! she said. Thats what I always wanted. I wanted to be seen as a main eventer, and its a lot of responsibility now. I feel like Im gonna deliver on this opportunity. I want to take it and make sure everybody knows that this is why Im the champ. And that they know theyve put the title on the right person. It means a lot to me, but it just means that the hard works only starting now.Lynchs fun-loving nature has quickly made her a fan favorite in WWE, and she embraces her newfound status as a role model for young female viewers.Oh that means everything. That means everything, she said. When I see pictures of little girls with the goggles on their heads and Lass Kicker t-shirts and everything like that, thats what its all about. Little girls saying they want to grow up to be just like you, its a very big responsibility. Its one thing that I always wanna instill in kids and everybody, is just being true to yourself, not feeling like you have to conform to whatever it is. Just shine on and be straight fire. That means everything to me.?I find it very hard to say no to any kid that comes up to me lking for anything. I always wanna give them my goggles or my t-shirt or something. They just melt my heart. And its always a reminder for me to keep my integrity about me and not let anything ever get to your head, and just keep working hard.Much like Bret Hart used to pick out a child in the aisle on his way to the ring, and place his signature pink reflective glasses on their head, Lynch has started gifting the goggles she wears as part of her entrance costume to one young fan, as well as tossing a personally signed hat into the crowd.I feel like if I was a kid, that would make my life, she said. To get that thing from one of your favorite superstars, and youve got that for life. I think thats something youll always hold dear. And it will just make a really gd memory for them.? Air Max 720 Pas Cher . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. Air Max 270 Flyknit Pas Cher . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he lks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. http://www.nike720pascher.fr/air-max-720-bleu.html . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-ft putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shting a 69. Vente Nike Air Max 270 . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-ft) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Air Vapormax Utility Pas Cher . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. The Latest on the Olympics ahead of the Rio Games (all times local):---10:50 p.m.Katie Ledeckys hopes of swimming another relay event at the Rio Olympics tk a big hit when she finished seventh in the 100-meter freestyle at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.Ledecky was hoping for a top-six finish Friday night, which likely would have assured her of at least swimming in the preliminaries of the 4x100 free relay in Rio.Nineteen-year-old Abbey Weitzeil claimed her first trip to the Olympics by touching first in 53.28 seconds, while another 19-year-old, Simone Manuel, tk the second spot in 53.52. She, t, is an Olympic rkie.The next four finishers are also likely to swim on the relay, and all are Olympic veterans. Amanda Weir is heading to the Summer Games for the third time after finishing third in 53.75, followed by Lia Neal (53.77), Allison Schmitt (53.87) and Dan Vollmer (53.92).Ledecky was next at 53.99, an impressive showing given that sprinting isnt her forte. Still, she has already earned spots on the Olympic team in the 200 and 400 free, and will be an overwhelming favorite in her final event of the trials: the 800 free Saturday night.Since shell be in Rio, Ledecky would be available to join the 4x100 free relay if theres any sort of issues, such as an injury or illness. Shell be busy enough as it is, also competing in the 4x200 free relay.---10:25 p.m.Michael Phelps has gotten through his toughest night of the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.After beating Ryan Lochte in the 200-meter individual medley Friday, Phelps returned to the pl 30 minutes later to post the sixth-fastest time in the semifinals of the 100 butterfly.That was gd enough to send Phelps to the final Saturday night, where hell try to lock up a third individual event for the Rio Games.Phelps also qualified in the 200 fly.Seth Stubblefield was the fastest qualifier in the 100 fly at 51.26 seconds, just ahead of Tim Phillips (51.2.Phelps, merely lking to advance on a grueling night, managed a time of 51.83. He should be a lot faster in his final race of the trials.---10:20 p.m.Sanya Richards-Ross bid a tearful adieu to track after pulling up a little more than halfway through her 400-meter preliminary at Olympic Trials.The 31-year-old Olympic champion has been dealing with ft and hamstring injuries most of the year. In Fridays opening round, she made it about 250 meters before pulling up. Moments later, she was blowing kisses to the fans, who gave her a standing ovation.In the next race, Allyson Felix finished second, with a time of 51.96 seconds, to advance. Felix is dealing with an injured right ankle, but showed no signs of the injury in what amounted to a warm-up race for her. She will also try to make it in the 200-meter race next week to go for an Olympic double.---10:05 p.m.Michael Phelps has won his latest showdown with Ryan Lochte, capturing the 200-meter individual medley at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.Phelps led a scintillating race from start to finish Friday night, but Lochte was with him stroke for stroke. As they came to the wall, Phelps pulled slightly ahead to touch in 1 minute, 55.91 seconds.Lochte was next at 1:56.22 and had no complaints about his consolation prize: an individual race at the Rio Olympics.The 11-time Olympic medalist injured his groin on the first day of the meet, struggled in his next few races and was down to his final chance to get a swim of his own at the games.Now, thats out of the way, which means Phelps and Lochte will carry their longtime rivalry to one more event in South America.Phelps is a three-time defending gold medalist in the 200 IM and the most decorated athlete in Olympic history.---10 p.m.QUALIFICATION ALERT: Abbey Weitzeil has qualified for the Rio Olympics in the 100-meter freestyle.--9:50 p.m.QUALIFICATION ALERT: Michael Phelps has qualified for the Rio Olympics in the 200-meter individual medley.---9:45 p.m.LaShawn Merritts plans for trying the 200-400 double: wait and see.The 2008 Olympic gold medalist at 400 meters made it easily through the first round of qualifying for the 400 at Olympic track trials. Afterward, the first question he faced was whether hed also be trying for the 200.He has run the worlds fastest time at the distance this year, but has never run the 200 in a major meet.He said he has paid the entry fee and filled out all the forms, but will wait to see how he feels after the 400 finals Sunday night.Qualifying for the 200 starts next Thursday.---9:40 p.m.Missy Franklin has advanced to the final of the 200-meter backstroke, giving her a chance to claim a second individual event in Rio.Franklin won her semifinal heat at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials in 2 minutes, 8.63 seconds. She already qualified for the Olympics in the 200 free, while missing out in three other events that she qualified for in 2012.The only one faster than Franklin was Maya DiRado, who touched first in the other semifinal heat in 2:08.14.DiRado already swept the 200 and 400 individual medley, and now shes positioned to claim a third individual race at the first and only Olympics of her career. The 23-year-old has lined up a job and plans to retire after Rio.---9:25 p.m.Another defending Olympic champion has gone down at the U.S. swimming trials.Tyler Clary finished third in the 200-meter backstroke behind California Aquatics teammates Ryan Murphy and Jacob Pebley, who will represent the U.S. team at the Rio Games.Murphy grabbed the lead on the second lap and pulled away to win easily in the 1 minute, 53.95 seconds. He completed a sweep of the backstroke events, having also won the 100.Pebley held on for the second spot, touching in 1:54.77.Clary was next at 1:55.33, ending his hopes of defending the gold medal he won in London.---9:20 p.m.QUALIFICATION ALERT: Ryan Murphy has qualified for the Olympics in the 200-meter backstroke.---9:20 p.m.Amy Acuff has made her last competitive high jump.The 40-year-old veteran of five Olympics called it a career -- for real, this time -- after failing to move on in the preliminaries at the U.S. Track and Field trials.She was in semi-retirement but went back into training so she could take one more run through Hayward Field in Eugene. She knew her chances were slim to make another Olympics but, nonetheless, wanted to finish what she started.Acuff, who is starting a software company that will track performance of track and field athletes, says shes lking forward to taking a casual run instead of beating herself up in training.Americas newest high jump star, world indr champion Vashti Cunningham, moved through easily to Sundays final.---9:15 p.m.Lilly King has swept the breaststroke events at the U.S. Olympics swimming trials.King won the 200-meter breast on Friday night, touching the wall in 2 minutes, 24.08 seconds. The 19-year-old from Indiana had already won the 100 breast, ensuring her of two individual events at the Rio Games and a likely spot on the 4x100 medley relay.Molly Hannis, a 24-year-old who swims for Tennessee Aquatics, tk the second spot in the 200 breast at 2:24.39. She will be competing in her first Olympics at Rio.---9:10 p.m.QUALIFICATION ALERT: Lilly King has qualified for the Rio Olympics in the 200-meter breaststroke.---9 p.m.Anthony Ervin and Nathan Adrian were the top two qualifiers for the 50-meter freestyle final at the U.S. Olympic trials.Ervin led the way in 21.55 seconds at age 35; Adrian was second quickest in 21.60. Both men are already on the team, with Ervin still seeking an individual event to go with his relay duty and Adrian set to defend his 100 free title from the London Games.Cullen Jones, silver medalist four years ago, was third quickest in 21.93 at age 32. Jimmy Feigen was fourth in 22.02 going into Saturdays final.---8:55 p.m.Its gotta be the spikes for 800-meter runner Boris Berian.With his dispute involving Nike resolved, Berian donned a new pair of New Balance spikes when he won his first-round heat at the U.S. Track and Field trials Friday.Berian said after the race a big weight was lifted from his shoulders once Nike recently ended its lawsuit against him over what brand of gear he wears. He recently inked a shoe deal with New Balance, his new gear arriving just days ago.The 23-year-old used to flip burgers at a McDonalds in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to make ends meet while he trained. Now, hes a favorite to earn an Olympic spot for Rio.---5:05 p.m.Action is underway at the U.S. Track and Field trials, and 40-year-old Adam Nelson is still in the mix for a trip to his fourth Olympics.Nelson, who came out of retirement to compete this year, was among the 12 men who made it through to tonights shot put finals. The top three finishers will punch tickets to Rio.Also in the mix is Joe Kovacs, who won the gold medal at world championships last year, and 38-year-old Reese Hoffa, who tk bronze in London four years ago.---4:50 p.m.Three years ago, the wrestling community was forced to contemplate life without the Olympics.Now back on the program, the worlds oldest sport will be showcased again at the Rio Games. American Jordan Burroughs is the favorite in the 74-kilogram freestyle division. Adeline Gray enterss with a 37-match winning streak.ddddddddddddWrestling quickly restructured its once-woeful international leadership, implementing new rules to emphasize scoring and embrace gender equity by adding two new womens weight classes.The IOC tk notice, returning wrestling to the Olympic roster just eight months after kicking out the sport in 2013.---30 p.m.Mountain bike rider Jaroslav Kulhavy trained so hard for the Olympics that he didnt have time to finish work on a new house.It tk a broken left hand to finally slow him down on the mountain bike, though its not the kind of break he needed as he works to get back atop the medal stand in Rio. There is little time to rest with some of cyclings best-known names lking to unseat the Czech champion.In March, Kulhavy had surgery on the hand he broke during a race in Cyprus. After a five-week recovery, he was back on the World Cup circuit in May.There are two familiar foes awaiting him: Nino Schurter of Switzerland and Julien Absalon of France. Schurter won silver in 2012 and bronze in 2008.Absalon, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, had his hopes dashed for another first-place finish in London by a flat tire.---20 p.m.German public broadcasters say thieves in Brazil have stolen technical equipment worth about 400,000 euros ($445,400) that was intended for use at the Rio Olympics.ZDF and NDR issued a joint statement that the gear was inside two shipping containers being transported by tractor-trailer Friday from Rios port to a storage facility.The broadcasters say the driver was unharmed, but the vehicle has disappeared along with its haul.The two stations say the equipment was insured and can likely be replaced before the start of the Olympics in five weeks.---1:55 p.m.Michael Phelps qualified sixth fastest in the 100-meter butterfly heats at the U.S. Olympic trials.The 18-time Olympic gold medalist was third in his heat with a time of 51.87 seconds. Phelps rival, Ryan Lochte, qualified in ninth at 52.66.Matthew Jose grabbed a bit of glory as the top qualifier with a time of 51.61. The 21-year-old swims for Division III Queens University in his hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina.Tim Phillips was second fastest in 51.68 and Seth Stubblefield was third at 51.70. The top 16 moved on to the semifinals.Phelps is the defending Olympic champion in the 100 fly; Lochte didnt qualify in the event four years ago.Phelps has a busy evening ahead of him. He will swim the 200 individual medley final at 9:45 p.m., followed by the 100 fly semifinals around 10:15 p.m.Lochte says hes not sure whether hell swim the 100 fly semis because its mostly a fun event for him. Hes focused on the 200 IM, where he and Phelps will resume their long rivalry in the final.---1:25 p.m.Katie Ledecky swam to the fastest qualifying time in the 800-meter freestyle at the U.S. trials.She touched in 8 minutes, 10.91 seconds, finishing 10.73 seconds ahead of Leah Smith, who qualified second in 8:21.64.Ledeckys time was third fastest in the world this year, and the Maryland teenager owns the 10 fastest times in the events history.Ashley Twichell and Haley Anderson qualified third and fourth for Saturdays final. They are open-water swimmers competing in pl events this week. Anderson is already on the Olympic team for the 10-kilometer open-water race in Rio.---1:10 p.m.The World Anti-Doping Agencys Olivier Niggli began his role as director general this week, succeeding David Howman.In 2014, Niggli became WADAs chief operating officer and helped implement the new world anti-doping code and the development of the compliance program.Niggli says our ability to protect the worlds clean athletes grows stronger and stronger, thanks to an ever-expanding network of global partners that are increasingly united in the pursuit to catch dopers.He says the agency is bolstering investigative work and will start a new whistleblower program by November. He notes numerous questions are being asked of the anti-doping community and WADA will hold a think tank in September.Niggli first joined WADA as the agencys legal director in 2002.---125 p.m.Caeleb Dressel topped the 50-meter freestyle qualifying at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials.The 19-year-old sprinter swam in 21.76 seconds. He already made the team by finishing second in the 100 free on Thursday.Anthony Ervin, the 2000 Olympic champion, was second fastest in 21.80. He qualified to swim a relay at the Rio Games at age 35 by finishing fourth in the 100 free and is seeking to compete in an individual event.Cullen Jones, silver medalist four years ago in London, was third quickest in 21.84. Jones is down to his last chance to make the team after he failed to secure a top-four finish in the 100 free.Nathan Adrian, the 100 free winner at trials, was fourth in 21.96. Also advancing to the evening semifinals was Jimmy Feigen in fifth.---11:40 a.m.Olympic champion David Rudisha finished third place in the 800 meters at the Kenyan trials, but the world-record holder was still selected to defend his title in Rio.Rudisha finished behind Alfred Kipketer and Ferguson Rotich. They tk the two automatic places in the event, leaving Rudisha to fill the selectors wild-card pick. Officials said before the trials they would pick Rudisha no matter what.Rudisha trailed in fifth at the final turn and was forced wide to get a clear run down the straightaway to finish third.Rudisha produced one of the memorable Olympic performances when he broke the world record at the 2012 London Games, but he has had a slow start to this season.---11 a.m.The head of Brazils anti-doping body has been sacked after the Rio de Janeiro laboratory was suspended by the World Anti-Doping Agency.The Brazilian agency confirmed that Marco Aurelio Klein will be replaced by Rogerio Sampaio, a former judoka who won a gold medal in the 1992 Barcelona Games.WADA suspended the lab last Friday for failing to meet its standards. It didnt elaborate.Sampaio is expected to meet WADA officials next week, with the aim of lifting the suspension within weeks.If the Rio lab is not reinstated in time for the Olympics in August, the IOCs options for drug testing include Los Angeles; Salt Lake City; Bogota, Colombia; Havana; and Mexico City.---10:10 a.m.The Russian mens quadruple sculls team was disqualified from the Rio Olympics for a doping violation and replaced by New Zealand.The World Rowing Federation says the banned substance trimetazidine was found in a urine sample given by rower Sergei Fedorovtsev in an out-of-competition test on May 17. He competed a week later at the final Olympic qualifying regatta in Switzerland, where Russia finished first to qualify for Rio.New Zealand finished third behind Russia and Canada in the qualifying event. Canada also qualified by finishing second, joining the top eight crews who secured their Olympic places at the 2015 world championships in France.The New Zealand crew was confirmed to go to Rio by the national Olympic committee.---9:10 a.m.Serbia and France are gd enough to win mens basketball medals at the Olympics. First, they have to get there.The final three places in the 12-team field are on the line in the three Olympic qualifying tournaments next week. Serbia and France, who won silver and bronze two years ago in the Basketball World Cup, will be among the favorites to earn berths after falling short last summer.The new format to fill out the Olympics has 18 countries still in the running for spots in Rio. Six teams will be in each tournament, and the three winners will be Brazil bound.Some teams still trying to get there are better than a few who have already qualified. Four of the worlds top 10 will be competing, including France (5th), Serbia (6th), Turkey (8th) and Greece (10th).---8:50 a.m.Russian whistleblower Yulia Stepanova was cleared by track and fields world governing body to compete as a neutral athlete in the European championships and the Rio Olympics.While her participation in next weeks European meet is assured, it remains uncertain whether the IOC will accept the decision for the Olympics.The IAAF said its doping review board accepted Stepanovas application to compete as an independent athlete under exceptional eligibility rules.The 800-meter runner provided evidence to the World Anti-Doping Agency of widespread cheating in Russia that led the IAAF to bar the countrys track and field athletes from international competition, including the Rio Games.---8:40 a.m.The Olympics will become a tangible reality on Friday, when one of its so-called Mega souvenir shops opens on Copacabana Beach.Bring plenty of cash, at least for anything more than a keychain that sells for 25 Brazilian reals ($. A commemorative gold medal will sell for around $2,000.Olympic merchandising is big business.Rios head of licensing and retail sales, Sylmara Multini, says organizers hope to sell merchandise worth about 1 billion Brazilian reals ($310 million).The 19,300-square-ft layout on Copacabana is one of three huge stores. The largest will be a store in the Olympic Park. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen