we have been working on to continue to improve. Our

in Mitglieder 09.08.2019 09:34
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

LUBBOCK, Texas -- After shting 61 percent from the flr in its season opener, Texas Techs offense was tepid early against North Texas.On the strength of Zach Smiths double-double (11 points and 11 rebounds) and an advantage in points off turnovers, the Red Raiders defeated the Mean Green 70-43 on Tuesday night.I think (Texas Tech coach Chris Beard) has been pushing me all week and all offseason to crash every time, Smith said. And it worked out for me tonight.Aaron Ross had 13 points and graduate transfer Anthony Livingston added nine points and seven rebounds for Texas Tech (2-0). The Red Raiders outscored North Texas 24-2 in points off turnovers -- North Texas committed 16 turnovers while Texas Tech had seven.Ross has such a diverse game, Beard said. He can do so many different things. In our zone offense, Im comfortable with him on the perimeter or inside. Defensively, he can guard four positions. My thing with Ross is, `How gd do you want to be?Deckie Johnson led the Mean Green (1-1) with 13 points. A.J. Lawson finished with 10 points and Jeremy Combs added nine points.I think theyre an NCAA Tournament team, North Texas head coach Tony Benford said of Texas Tech. I think theyre really deep. Well-coached. Balanced. With their depth, they can wear you down. They turned us over a lot early.The Red Raiders outrebounded North Texas 46-37.We couldnt score, Benford said. You got to score. You got to get stops. At the end of the day, you got to score some points. We didnt score enough of them early on.BIG PICTURENorth Texas: The Mean Green did not lead Tuesday and fell to 1-7 all-time against Texas Tech. They have one more Power Five conference opponent this season when they visit Rutgers on Nov. 23.Texas Tech: Under first year head coach Chris Beard, the Red Raiders count versatility and depth among their strengths. Five Texas Tech players are first-year transfers, three of which are graduate students. Against North Texas, 10 players scored.Doing repetitions on certain plays or certain transition plays, Texas Techs Justin Gray said. I think every game and every single practice that weve had, our chemistry has gotten a lot stronger.BACK TO LUBBOCKBenford was a four-year letter winner for the Red Raiders from 1983-86. Benford was a part of Texas Techs 1986 Southwest Conference title team and earned tournament MVP honors.As a young coach, (Benford) went out of his way to be nice to me in my career, Beard said. I think he might have been an assistant at New Mexico when I was a young junior college coach. Hes just a first class guy. Red Raiders support Red Raiders.STAT OF THE NIGHTTexas Tech outscored North Texas in the paint 36-16.UP NEXTNorth Texas returns home to host Drexel on Saturday. The Mean Green face teams from five states this month: Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.Texas Tech has one more game -- Saturday at home against Eastern Kentucky -- before traveling to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge. At the tournament, it will face Auburn and then Purdue or Utah State. stclearance.com/yeezy-bst-shoes-wholesale.html" target="_blank">Yeezy Bst Sale Online . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. stclearance.com/ultra-bst-parley-sale.html" target="_blank">Ultra Bst Parley Sale . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. stclearance.com/yeezy-bst-shoes-wholesale/350.html" target="_blank">http://www.ultrabstclearance.com/yeezy-bst-shoes-wholesale/350.html . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing rm for a celebration nine seasons in the making. stclearance.com/" target="_blank">Ultra Bst Wholesale . Rinne played two periods in his first game since left hip surgery in early May. Gabriel Bourque scored 3:07 into the second period and Austin Watson tallied 5:15 later for Nashville. stclearance.com/sale-ultra-bst-mens-shoes.html" target="_blank">Adidas Ultra Bst Mens Clearance . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive bst and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and ftball knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. LAS CRUCES, N.M. - No. 16 Texas A&M recorded its second sweep of the day, defeating host New Mexico State, 25-20, 25-16, 25-19, in the Borderland Invitational tonight at the Pan American Center.Texas A&M, which swept Arizona earlier in the day, improves to 2-0 in the tournament and 5-3 on the season. New Mexico State, which entered the contest riding a five-match win streak, falls to 6-3 overall.Texas A&M spotted NMSU a 6-1 lead to begin the match before freshman outside hitter Hollann Hans got an out-of-system kill to stop the host Aggies 5-0 run. Texas A&M continued to chip away at the NM State lead and trailed 11-7 before junior outside hitter Kiara McGee connected on three consecutive kills to put Texas A&M within 11-10. NMSU then committed back-to-back attack errors to give the visiting Aggies their first lead, 12-11.NM State regained the lead at 15-14 after A&M hit long on consecutive attack attempts. Kassandra Tohm then put NMSU ahead 16-14 with a kill, but A&M countered, scoring five unanswered points to go up, 19-17. The teams would exchange points before NM State, which was outhit .241 to -.032 in the frame, committed three consecutive errors to put A&M serving for the set, 24-19. A&M hit wide on the next play, but Hans, who led all players with five kills in the stanza, came back with a kill from the back row to secure the 25-20 win.NM State jumped out to an early lead to begin the second set before a dump kill by junior setter Stephanie Aiple, followed by solo blocks by sophomore middle blocker Kaitlyn Blake and Aiple put Texas A&M ahead, 9-7. NM State, the defending Western Athletic Conference champion, later tied the score at 10-10, before A&M reeled off five consecutive points.NM State cut the margin to 18-15 but could get no closer as senior middle blocker Jazzmin Babers tipped the ball in for a kill and Blake followed with a kill to put A&M up 20-15, forcing NMSU to call its final timeout. The host team got a kill coming out of the timeout, but Blake countered with a kill. Texas A&M, which outhit NMSU .304 to .000 in the set, went up 22-16 on a NM State attack error before Blake and Company closed out the match with three consecutive blocks.NM State held its largest lead of the third set at 14-9 before junior opposite hitter Ashlie Reasor recorded back-to-back kills to spark an 11-2 run that put Texas A&M ahead, 20-16. The teams then traded service errors before McGee and Babers had consecutive kills to put Texas A&M up, 23-17. A&M, which outhit NMSU, .dddddddddddd286 to .080 in the set, served long on the next play, but Aiple put her team at match point with her third kill of the contest. NM State tipped the ball in for a kill to stay alive before McGee put down her seventh kill of the night to close out the match.Babers hit .667 and tied Hans for match-high honors in kills with nine. Aiple dished out 29 assists while directing A&M to a .275 hitting efficiency, and Blake led all players with eight blocks as A&M outblocked NM State, 12-2, and held the host Aggies to a .010 hitting efficiency for the match. Aiple and junior libero Amy Nettles shared team-high honors in digs with seven apiece.Texas A&M closes out the tournament against co-host UTEP, Saturday at 12 p.m. (1 p.m. CT) at Memorial Gym in El Paso, Texas.Texas A&M Head Coach Laurie Corbelli quotes:On getting two sweeps today...I was really happy with the way the team set the tone for the day. This has been a day that maybe on the back of my mind was one of the tougher days of our season; two matches that were really important for us, a third weekend on the road, a great Arizona team and a great conference champion New Mexico State team. I was picturing five set matches for both of these matches. For us to really put things together was great. I thought our blocking really improved, and our middles were involved more this week than they were last weekend in Puerto Rico. Those are the kinds of things we have been working on to continue to improve. Our ball handling was a whole lot better this weekend. That sets us up to have our setter have more options, gives her opportunities to attack and just makes our game lk a lot smther and a lot stronger and harder to stop.On the balanced attack...We are really sold on the balance because so many teams now just really set out to one hitter, with two or three blockers all waiting on one hitter that is sometimes really obvious who is going to get the ball on many teams, and I really dont want to play that way. Some days we have to, but we prefer not to.On the improved serving...I thought we got over the hump with our serving. We did not serve well the first two weekends at all, and I thought today our serving was much more aggressive and much more on point, and we just lked a lot more confident in our serving. That was really gd to see. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 93 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen