es off. Chicago manager Joe Maddon gave Hayward the d

in Mitglieder 09.08.2019 09:34
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Adam Ramanauskas has urged Hawthorn fans to temper their expectations of an early-season AFL return for Jarryd Roughead.Ramanauskas, another AFL player well-known for his cancer battle, said Roughead must be patient with his comeback.The 2000 Essendon premiership player made the comments on Tuesday morning, before Roughead revealed he is now cancer free.While Roughead can now consider an AFL comeback, he is putting no timeline on when he might play again.And Ramanauskas says that is a smart move.What can happen, if he pushes it t hard, t early, that can be a major setback for weeks at a time, not just a day or two, Ramanauskas told RSN radio on Tuesday.I think hes out there, hes enjoying training and hes seeing how it goes.Theres a lot of issues around getting your heart-rate t elevated in the early stages of his recovery. Hell need to be very, very mindful of that.Ramanauskas has been an advocate for cancer-sufferers since he was diagnosed with a tumour in 2003 before recovering to return to senior ftball.He said it was up to Roughead and doctors to determine his workload, but his own progress back to health was slow.Theres no real hard and fast rules about what you can and cant do, Ramanauskas said.So itll be really up to Jarryd to say, yeah, I feel gd, I can keep going or no, Im not feeling gd at these stages.I know for myself when I came back from cancer, there were just periods where I trained for a couple of days and have to have two or three days off training just because you would exhaust yourself.Rougheads teammates are hoping the star forward may be available for round one in 2017 as he returned to pre-season training on Monday.He missed the 2016 season, first because of a knee injury.Roughead then received the devastating news that a melanoma had spread to other parts of his body.Despite being a premiership player with Essendon, Ramanauskas is most remembered for his brave battle with cancer and his lion-hearted return to ftball. Nike Air Max 97 Mens Trainers . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Air Max Tn Ultra Plus . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. http://www.fundfdr.org/cheap-air-force-one-low.html ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. Nike Tn Trainers Sale . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. rmmate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Air Max 360 2018 .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. DENVER -- Jeff Hoffman will make his major league debut for the Colorado Rockies and start Saturday night at Crs Field against the high-flying Chicago Cubs.Right into the fire, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. We feel like Jeff can handle it. Hes got plenty of stuff. Its plusstuff, even at the major league level. He can navigate lineups with his stuff only, but you got to be able to command it, t. I feel like hes ready for this.Youve got to start your career at some point, and his is going to be (today).Hoffman was the centerpiece acquistion when the Rockies traded for him and two other minor league pitchers on July 27, 2015, and sent star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki to the Toronto Blue Jays.This is the first full professional season for Hoffman, who underwent Tommy John surgery in May 2014 and pitched 104 innings at high-Class A and Double-A last season. Hoffman has pitched 118 2/3 innings this season.The Rockies will have to add Hoffman, 23, to their 40-man roster. He has spent the season at Triple-A Albuquerque, where he is 6-9 with a 4.02 ERA, 124 strikeouts and 44 walks in 118 2/3 innings.In Hoffmans past two starts, he has pitched a combined nine scoreless innings with four walks, 13 strikeouts and four hits allowed.Because this is Hoffmans first full professional season after Tommy John surgery, the Rockies began limiting Hoffmans outings. In his past five starts dating from July 20, he has thrown between 66 and 76 pitches but wont be on a severe pitch or innings limit against the Cubs.Weve backed off on him recently just so if he did come up here, he could go deeper into games, Weiss said. So we lightened the load to try to get out in front of it as opposed to dealing with it here.Hoffman will have five days of rest since he last pitched Sunday at Colorado Springs. In that outing, he allowed one hit in five scoreless innings with one walkk and nine strikeouts and threw 66 pitches, 46 strikes.ddddddddddddark Wiley, the Rockies director of pitching operations, watched that start and said of Hoffman, Hes got a live fastball with carry. He can create angles with it. He can pitch at the top of the strike zone. He has both a curveball and a slider that when theyre right, theyre following pretty gd the fastball line to the plate so theyre hard to pick up, hard to see. And he has a changeup with gd arm speed -- lks like his fastball.Mike Montgomery will make his first start for the Cubs and his third this season, taking the turn of injured John Lackey. Since the Cubs acquired Montgomery from Seattle on July 20, he has made seven relief apperances and has four straight scoreless outings totaling six innings, and two of those have been for two innings.Right fielder Jason Hayward, a free agent after last season who signed an eight-year, $184 million contract with the Cubs, is going to get this series off. Chicago manager Joe Maddon gave Hayward the day off Thursday when the Cubs played a day game after a night game. The Rockies started left-hander Tyler Anderson on Friday and will start left-hander Jorge De La Rosa on Sunday.Hayward is slumping in August with 9-for-48 (.18 this month with one RBI. Overall, hes hitting .225 in 108 games with five homers, 32 RBI, a .304 on-base percentage and a .313 slugging percentage. The left-handed hitting Hayward is batting .228 (26-for-114) against left-handed pitchers.So what Im thinking about doing is just giving him the whole weekend off, Maddon said. Just let him chill a little bit for the weekend and then come back for sure on Monday in San Diego. Play him in emergency only; otherwise I want him to just chill out. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 324 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen