er boss last season.I think he can go forever

in Mitglieder 09.08.2019 09:34
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Kimi Raikkonen said a combination of traffic and issues with tyre warm-up forced him to settle for sixth on the grid for the Malaysian Grand Prix.Raikkonen has been the fastest Ferrari for much of the weekend in Sepang and found himself fourth early on in Q3, two places up on Vettel, albeit behind both Red Bulls. Neither Ferrari driver maximised their second attempts but Vettel managed to do enough to climb above Raikkonen as the pair had to settle for locking out the third row.Explaining how qualifying unfolded, Raikkonen said: It was just a bit tricky on the first lap in Q1, the first lap in Q2 was pretty OK, but it was a bit difficult to get the tyres to work there. Apart from that I had quite a smth running.It was just on the last lap [of Q3] I had traffic on the out lap and then struggled with the tyres in the first corners. I tried to get time back, but just kept losing more time, so it was not the greatest end, but thats how it goes sometimes.When asked if he could have out-qualified either Red Bull without those issues in Q3, he said: I dont know. Its not possible to say and the end result is what it is. We can always say afterwards, this and that, but these are the facts and I think we struggled a bit to make the tyres work.Its a bit cler than it was in the morning or yesterday and it will be a different story tomorrow. Its not the easiest weekend to get the tyres to where we want them to be, even when its hot youd think it should be quite easy but it has been quite tricky.The Finn thinks the timing of qualifying, which takes place later than FP2 on Friday afternn or the race on Sunday, had something to do with Ferraris struggle to beat Red Bull.Obviously today we ran later than yesterday and also later than the race time, so its one of those things with the new surface to say which way its going to go and which tyre will be the best. I think theres little difference between the teams but well make some plans today and tomorrow and then see how the race starts. Hopefully we make the right choices [on strategy]. Air Max 270 Blanche Homme . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Air Max 270 Bleu Homme . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. http://www.airmax270flyknit.fr/air-max-270-grise.html . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Air Max 270 Rose Femme . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Nike Air VaporMax Inneva Blanc Sommet/Bleu Glacier AO2447-100 Pour Homme . PETERSBURG, Fla. TUSCALSA, Ala. -- Bobby Bowden never thought hed see the day when someone would challenge Bear Bryant as Alabamas greatest coach.But its happened. Nick Saban has bellied up to the Bear with one of the best runs in major college ftball history, and hes already passed the rest of his predecessors in the category that turns coaching greats into coaching legends.Sabans latest Crimson Tide team seems ready-made to challenge for the sixth national title of his career, which would match Bryants longstanding record. The once-nomadic coach enters his 10th season in Tuscalsa fresh off claiming No. 4 in seven years.As the Bear might say of his successor, he aint nothin but a winner. Like Muhammed Ali in boxing, it had long seemed there could only be one Greatest at `Bama.Never thought it could happen, said Bowden, a Birmingham native who was coaching at Howard (now Samford) when Bryant hit his stride at Alabama starting in the late 1950s. Gosh, its like lightning striking twice in the same place, which they say it doesnt do. For him to come in there and do what he does, and now theyre comparing whos the greatest. Who would have thought that 20 years ago?Twenty years ago, Saban was having his second straight six-win season at Michigan State. Alabama was in the final season of Gene Stallings tenure, easily the most successful of the seven head coaches bridging the Bryant and Saban eras. (Mike Price was fired without coaching a game).Saban, who also won a championship at LSU, has gone 98-12 over the past eight seasons. Notre Dames Frank Leahy and Southern Californias John McKay join Bryant and Saban as the only coaches with at least four national championships in The Associated Press poll era, dating to 1936. Leahy also won his four titles in a seven-year span but he didnt actually coach in 1944 or 1945 because of World War II.Then there was Bowden, who had a run of 14 consecutive top-5 finishes at Florida State. Who knows if Saban will stick around long enough to match that, but hes been nearly unbeatable with a title on the line. Hes 11-1 in conference or national championship games, with the only loss coming to eventual national champ Florida in the 2008 SEC title tilt his second year at Alabama.There were runs something like this, but this may be the best of all of them so far in the history of ftball, Bowden said.The Alabama coach turns 65 on Oct. 31 and shows no sign of slowing down. He continued his string of No. 1-ranked recruiting classes in February. About a month earlier, he led the Tide to a shtout victory over Clemson in the national championship game, making the call for a game-changing onside kick early in the fourth quarter.Steve Spurrier, who had three straight 11-2 seasons at South Carolina after turning 65, visited with Saban after speaking at a high schl clinic over the summer. He said Saban joked that he was starting to hear of opposing coaches telling recruits he wouldnt be around much longer.Hes got a gd six to eight years or more, depending on what he wants, really, said Spurrier, who stepped down during the 2015 season. If he keeps winning at a high level, which he certainly can the way they recruit.dddddddddddd The question is if he gets to 8-4, I think he said, `All hell will break lse around here if I go 8-4. Its really hard to go out on top. Its hard to say youve had enough unless you start losing. Thats what happened to me, is we started losing.Saban still takes care of himself physically. He eats a salad daily for lunch, plays basketball with his assistants during the offseason and tosses passes with a nice touch during drills with the defensive backs.Hes stayed the same weight probably since he was 30 or 35, said Spurrier, fresh from one of his own daily workouts.Plenty of other coaches have had high levels of success after 65. Bowden won two national titles and 12 ACC championships before stepping down not long after his 80th birthday. Penn States Joe Paterno won 169 games and had seven top-10 finishes.Bryant won championships in 1978 and 1979 and was 49-9-1 at 65-plus.Bowden said the biggest challenge in sustaining that kind of enduring success is keeping the players as focused and motivated after they reach the top as they were in getting there.So your biggest enemy becomes yourself, Bowden said. Keeping your players hungry is a very key ingredient, and I really dont know anybody that does a better job of that than Coach Saban.Enter The Process, Sabans philosophy of focusing on the task at hand and not getting distracted by past results or future ambitions. Saban says its the human condition to relax and feel a sense of entitlement after great success, though he never seems to suffer from it.Weve had to deal with this with some of our teams in the past, Saban said. They start questioning and judging, `Why are we practicing this hard? Why are we doing conditioning this way? Well, its the same thing we did that helped you be successful last year.Sabans ftprint on college ftball and the SEC has spread to the sidelines in a big way.Former assistants Jim McElwain, Will Muschamp and Kirby Smart are all head coaches in the SEC East, Jimbo Fisher won a national title at Florida State and Mark Dantonio led Michigan State to a playoff matchup with his former boss last season.I think he can go forever, McElwain, Floridas head coach, said of Saban. Thats just the way hes wired. And I havent seen one thing, when we were around each other that week of the SEC Championship game, I didnt see one less bounce in his step, anything like that. And, you know what? The guys something special.Smart tk over at Georgia this season after serving on Sabans Alabama staff for all four national championships. Hes pretty well qualified to answer: What drives Saban?Well, thats an easy question, Smart said. Hes driven to be the best. And I think thats what makes him different. Because everybody is driven for their different purpose and everybody has their `why. And for Coach Saban, I think he wants to be the best.At Alabama, that means topping the Bear. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 44 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen