. You ask the questions;

in Mitglieder 08.08.2019 11:32
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Matt Kenseth std by his car and tried to remain calm after he saw a potential victory and Chase for the Sprint Cup championship berth vanish in a wreck in NASCAR overtime Sunday at Phoenix International Raceway.Kenseth was leading and in control of the Can-Am 500 when the caution came out for a Michael McDowell wreck with less than two laps remaining.On the ensuing restart, he tried to cut in front of Alex Bowman and ended up crashed.Is there anything I can do or say right now to make it better? Kenseth said. The only thing I can really do or say right now is make things worse. Im really trying not to do that.But it was pretty clear that it was a devastating night for Kenseth, who won a championship in 2003 and still seeks another in a career that likely has only a few more years left.Disappointed would put it lightly, Kenseth said. It finished our season. Five minutes before that, it lked like we were going to have a chance to go race for a championship.Kenseths spotter, Chris Crazy Osborne, tk the blame for the accident, saying he had cleared Kenseth to the inside.Its a team effort, Kenseth said. We win as a team; we lose as a team. I cant blame Chris. I didnt really see what happened. He said I was clear, so I started lking toward the corner. I got turned around.Things happen in a hurry. I dont know if Alex just drove in there in front of me or I wasnt clear.Bowman was apologetic but didnt think he did much wrong. Kyle Busch was critical, saying that Bowman chopped down on him, so he tagged Bowman, who then was in position to be inside Kenseth when Kenseth thought he was clear.There is not really anything I can do when the spotter clears you and Im inside of you, Bowman said. I hate that it happened. Its very disappointing. I never would intentionally do that. I was just running my line and got turned sideways by the 18 [of Kyle Busch] and the next thing I know the 20 [of Kenseth] is driving across my nose.Its unfortunate. I dont think many people will be that hung up on it. If people were going to be that hung up on it, hed be down here screaming at me now.Kenseth wasnt screaming much. He was devastated.It probably hurts more in a way, but what are you going to do? Kenseth said. You dont know how many chances you are going to have [to win another championship]. We had a really gd car and a really gd chance.Xfinity Series: A close call with lug nutsElliott Sadler advanced to the championship but will be without his crew chief after NASCAR officials found two lse lug nuts after the race at Phoenix.The penalty for having them lse is a $10,000 fine and a one-race crew chief suspension. Sadler crew chief Kevin Meendering likely will be replaced by Ryan Pemberton.If three lug nuts were lse -- meaning with a lug not touching the wheel -- Sadler would have been docked 35 points and missed the cut. Both Sadler and Xfinity Series director Wayne Auton said there never was discussion of a third lug nut lse.Its going to be tough, man, Sadler said. No driver wants to go to Homestead with a chance of legitimately winning a championship and not have your right-hand man sidekick with you.But we still have a chance to go win it. We cant count ourselves out.Sadler now has a shot at the title along with Daniel Suarez, Erik Jones and Justin Allgaier.Jones leads the finalists with four wins this season; Sadler has three.Everybody is going to be on top of their game, and you just have to do what you can to have a fast car and be up there running with them and then put yourself in a position to a least have a chance at it, Jones said.Suarez, who has an average finish of 3.1 in the Chase, is optimistic.There are a lot of people that are going to start thinking about how cl it is going to be, Suarez said. I have to think about how Im going to make it happen. I have to do the work, and thats exactly what Im going to do.Allgaier doesnt have a win this year but still has a shot at the title.We all four have run together all [year] long, Allgaier said. Homestead is going to be no different.Advancing to the owners championship were the Joe Gibbs Racing No. 18 team (Matt Tifft to drive at Homestead), Team Penske No. 22 (Ryan Blaney) and the Suarez and Sadler cars.Camping World Truck Series: Three veterans, one rkieWhile three veterans (Johnny Sauter, Matt Crafton and Timothy Peters) and one rkie (Christopher Bell) advanced into the championship hunt, the driver with six wins this year -- rkie William Byron -- didnt advance as his engine blew while leading with 11 laps left at Phoenix.Byron will move from Kyle Busch Motorsports to join JR Motorsports next year as a Hendrick development driver.I would never take back the wins weve had, Byron said. Its gotten me to a new level, its gotten this team to a new level with confidence and performance.I would never trade those. Those were awesome moments for my team. I was hoping to share another one of those tonight, and it just didnt happen.Sauter, with two wins and a second-place finish in the semifinal round, has to feel like a favorite.Id like to think [were the ones to beat], he said. Anything can happen. ... Youre going to have to go down there and be aggressive and also be a little bit smart.Crafton has won two titles and seeks a third. Crafton: I dont think theres anybody that has an advantage, its whoever has the best truck and the best man will win that night.Peters is lking for his first title.Weve been lucky a lot of times and maybe finished some races that we probably shouldnt have, he said. Homestead is a pretty decent track for us, so [were] lking forward to going down there and seeing what weve got.Bell also is lking for his first title and got in thanks to Byrons engine failure.In the owners championship, it will be the Byron (the Kyle Busch Motorsports No. 9 team made it in because the Red Horse Racing team of Peters didnt make the owners Chase), Sauter, Crafton and Bell trucks. Reggie Lewis Celtics Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Shaquille ONeal Jersey . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. http://www.celticssale.com/kids-robert-parish-celtics-jersey/ .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Jaylen Brown Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Gordon Hayward Celtics Jersey . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- The Jerry Sandusky appeals hearing might not be over just yet.While Tuesday morning marked the end of what was originally slated as a three-day hearing, Sanduskys attorneys said theyd still like to question some witnesses -- saying its not off the table to call to the stand the likes of Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Sara Ganim, whom the defense claimed also used leaked grand-jury information.I think there will be an order coming out, Sandusky attorney Al Lindsay said outside the Centre County Courthouse. And I dont want to speak to orders that arent out, but we have certain legal arguments to make that would deal with matters we think should come up in the court.The matters going to go on.Sandusky was convicted in the same courthouse in 2012 on 45 of 48 counts of child sex abuse. He is currently serving a 30- to 60-year sentence in Greene State Prison, where he has been largely segregated from the prisons general population out of concerns for his safety.He again remained silent Tuesday, smiling at points and mouthing words to his family and supporters in the front row. Sandusky testified only on the first day and proclaimed his innocence.On Tuesday, Sanduskys defense team again tried to focus on alleged grand jury leaks and the conflicting statements of the man who self-identified as Victim 2. Lindsay argued there were inconsistencies in all of the victims testimony, although he focused only on Victim 2 since that was included in his petition.Former state prosecutor Frank Fina, who was called to the stand Tuesday, disagreed.I dont think you can draw any comparisons between the consistencies in [Victim 2s] statements and those perhaps in [Victim 1s] statements, Fina testified. I dont see any parallel.Fina also disagreed with the notion that tthere was definitely a grand-jury leak to begin with.dddddddddddd While a leak from the prosecution would violate the law, information couldve also been gleaned by speaking to the grand-jury witnesses -- many of whom were allowed to share their testimony.Lindsay did not believe that was likely.Our argument is that if we can establish that there were leaks made by government agents, it could result in the dismissal of the case as opposed to a new trial, he said after the hearing.Tuesdays hearing lasted just about two hours and ended before nn. The tensest part of the day came when Lindsay questioned an agitated Joe McGettigan, the lead prosecutor in the 2012 Sandusky trial. Lindsay asked whether McGettigan wouldnt mind answering the questions.And if I do? McGettigan retorted.Judge John Cleland was forced to interject, saying, Wait, wait. Just take it easy here. You ask the questions; you answer the questions.McGettigan said after the hearing Tuesday that he believed Sanduskys attempt at a new trial or having his charges thrown out has no merit and will be unsuccessful. He was also asked for his response to the defense questioning the veracity of the eight witnesses who testified that Sandusky molested them.Well, I live in the real world, he said. A jury of 12 persons convicted him in a full and fair hearing. And I stand by the trial we tried.Sandusky previously lost direct appeals to the states Supreme and Superior courts. The Tuesday hearing falls under the states Post-Conviction Relief Act and is confined to newly discovered evidence, constitutional violations and ineffective lawyering.The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 386 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen