Philadelphia in scoring (18.4) and rebounding (7.3).His i

in Bewerbung 07.08.2019 15:11
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

The Maryland Terrapins and Nebraska Cornhuskers have something in common, but its not something either team wants to remember.Two weeks ago, Ohio State tk the Cornhuskers to the wdshed on national TV and won 62-3. Last week, it was the Terrapins turn to be shelled by the Buckeyes, and by the exact 62-3 score.Nebraska (8-2, 5-2 Big Ten), which was ranked No. 10 at the time and currently sit at No. 19, has had a week to recover and did so on the arm and legs of senior quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. in a 24-17 win over Minnesota in Lincoln, Neb.Maryland (5-5, 2-5) will have to put last weeks loss in the deep recesses of its collective memory pretty quickly when it heads to Lincoln on Saturday for a nn game at venerable Memorial Stadium, where the crazed-Husker Nation has sold out 353 straight games dating to when JFK was president (Nov. 2, 1962).Maryland has lost five of its last six games and the Terrapins need one more victory to become bowl eligible. With their final regular season game against lowly Rutgers next week, Maryland does have some rm for error, but not much.Theres a lot to play for our guys in this season, first year Maryland head coach DJ Durkin said. Weve had some really gd moments in this season. There have been some great things that have gone on. ... We just have to focus back in on what weve done to be successful and how weve done it. I think our guys will do that.The Cornhuskers also have had some really gd moments in Mike Rileys second season in Lincoln. After going 6-7 in his first season, the Cornhuskers won their first seven games before losing to Wisconsin in overtime and then came the Buckeyes.And the one thing that Riley has learned its the Cornhuskers go as their senior quarterback goes. And on Saturday, Armstrong will play before the home crowd for the final time on Senior Day -- if hes healthy.For the second straight week, Armstrong is more than a little dinged up with an ankle and hamstring injuries.I think his ankle is OK, Reilly said Monday. If it was his ankle, we wouldnt have to worry about him in the next game. The hamstring is one of those mysterious things depending on really how it feels and then if indeed he could practice as we go through the week, how it lasts. Hes limping pretty heavily.Armstrong was named Big Ten Player of the Week for his gutty performance against the Golden Gophers. Coming off the Ohio State game where he was knocked out and sent to the hospital, his status against Minnesota was uncertain.But play he did, to the tune of 278 yards of total offense. He threw for 217 yards and two touchdowns and his 13-yard scamper with 7:17 remaining was the difference. With that last score, Armstrong moved into a tie with Eric Crouch for the most total touchdowns (90) in schl history.Can I imagine him not playing? I dont want to, Riley said. Its Senior Day. All those parts. Hes had a terrific career here at Nebraska. (But) part of this thing is biology, and the hamstring is a hard one.If Armstrong cant go, senior Ryker Fyfe will get the call. Fyfe has completed 7 of 24 passes this year for 93 yards.If Armstrong is able to play, he will have plenty of company on Senior Day as 27 others will be playing their final home game. Also being honored will be punter Sam Foltz, who was killed in a car crash before the season started. Foltzs family will be recognized in pregame activities.Without Armstrong, the Cornhuskers task becomes much more challenging.Maryland is dealing with its own quarterback question as senior starting quarterback Perry Hills status for this weekend unclear.Hills injured his right shoulder in a 59-3 loss to Michigan and then last week injured his left shoulder and went to the sideline in the first quarter.Credit to him and his toughness. Hes a fighter, Durkin said. There are a lot of guys that probably wouldnt have even been back in there at this point. Our offense runs a lot better when Perrys in there. When hes been healthy our offense has been pretty effective. Even last week, it didnt equate to points, but we moved the ball really well when he was in the game.The Terrapins running attack has drawn Rileys attention and while the Blackshirts defense has played well in every game but the Ohio State game, Marylands offense will test Nebraska.Ty Johnson leads Maryland with 656 yards on the ground in 77 carries, an 8.5 per carry average, and four touchdowns. Lorenzo Harrison is close behind with 633 yards on 88 carries (7.2 yards per carry) and five touchdowns.We are playing a Maryland team that runs a spread offense, a lot of zone read stuff. Theyre the third-ranked running team in the conference, Riley said, adding the defense is particularly wary of wide receivers Levern Jacobs and DJ Mre.Nebraska safety Kieron Williams said that the success the defense had against Minnesota hopefully will carry over to the Maryland game. The Golden Gophers, who had hopes of winning the Big Ten West Division, were held to 265 total yards of offense. Nebraska shut down the run game, holding Minnesota to 85 yards on 34 carries (2.5 per attempt).Were going to just try to lk at Maryland now and see which ways they try to attack us. I think our coaches did a great job game-planning last week, which put us in the right positions to be able to make those plays and to hold them to that amount of rushing yards.Nebraska has a chance to finish the season undefeated at home for only the second time in the past 15 years. A victory against the Terrapins would give Nebraska its 50th nine-win season in schl history and probably ensure a Jan. 1 bowl game.tballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Paco-Alcacer-Jersey/" target="_blank">Paco Alcacer Dortmund Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. tballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Eric-Oelschlagel-Jersey/" target="_blank">Eric Oelschlagel Dortmund Jersey . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really gd position for tomorrow," Scott said. tballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Lukasz-Piszczek-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.ftballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Lukasz-Piszczek-Jersey/ . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. tballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Mahmoud-Dahoud-Jersey/" target="_blank">Mahmoud Dahoud Jersey . -- The Portland Timbers and Real Salt Lake played to a 0-0 tie Saturday night that left the top of the Western Conference standings unchanged. tballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Raphael-Guerreiro-Jersey/" target="_blank">Raphael Guerreiro Dortmund Jersey . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents.The Memphis Grizzlies are getting their moneys worth from veteran guard Mike Conley.The 29-year-old point guard signed the richest contract in NBA history in July, a reported five-year, $153 million deal, and is averaging 19.2 points for the Grizzlies (9-5).That average, if maintained, would be the best of his 10-year career. Same for his percentages from the flr (45.1), 3-point line (49.3) and foul line (89.2).Conley scored a season-high 31 points as Memphis beat the Charlotte Hornets 105-90 on Monday, the Grizzlies fifth straight victory. The Grizzlies will lk to extend that streak on Wednesday night in Philadelphia, against a 76ers club that has won its last four at home, the most recent a 101-94 victory over the Miami Heat on Monday night.Im very confident, Conley told the Memphis Commercial-Appeal after the victory over the Hornets. I take what the defense gives me, but also I have the confidence of the coaching staff, the confidence of my teammates. They depend on me to go out there and do that. Some nights I lk to be more aggressive than others.Conley made 11 of 21 shots from the flr Monday, including 5 of 9 from behind the arc, as the Grizzlies built a 26-point lead early in the third quarter. Charlotte sliced that to nine with 10:43 left in the game, but Memphis salted the game away behind veteran center Zach Randolph, who scored eight of his 14 points in the fourth quarter, and Conley, who had seven.Our group doesnt cave, first-year coach David Fizdale said. Thats one tthing I like about them, we dont cave in.dddddddddddd. If youre going to beat us, you really have to earn it.Joel Embiid, the Sixers rkie center, scored 22 points against Miami, including five free throws during a decisive 10-0 run late in the game. Gerald Henderson added a season-high 19 points for Philadelphia (4-10). Jahlil Okafor had 15 and Ersan Ilyasova finished with 10 points and 11 rebounds.Embiid, the third overall pick in the 2014 draft, did not play his first two seasons after twice undergoing ft surgery. The team is limiting him to 24 minutes a night as a precaution until at least Christmas. He nonetheless leads Philadelphia in scoring (18.4) and rebounding (7.3).His improvement to date, coach Brett Brown said has been incremental all over the place.Theres a spirit he has at the end of games and on the bench, Brown said, that reflects toughness and a growing desire.Guard Jerryd Bayless made his season debut for the Sixers after missing the first 13 games with a wrist injury. Ben Simmons, the top overall pick in the most recent draft, has yet to play this season following ft surgery, and will be out until at least January. Nerlens Noel (knee) also remains idle, and Brown said it will be a few more weeks before he is available.The Grizzlies, already without forward Chandler Parsons (knee), lost James Ennis to a calf injury against the Hornets. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 89 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen