e strain) is feeling better but has not started playing catch. . INF Chris Owing

in Bewerbung 07.08.2019 15:09
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Its the first time that WWEs annual Survivor Series pay-per-view, now in its 30th year, returns to Canada since 1997. In that event, now dubbed the Montreal Screw Job, Vince McMahon conspired with Shawn Michaels and referee Earl Hebner to orchestrate a different ending to the match than the one outlined with the then-champion Bret Hart -- one of the most infamous moments in wrestling history.Hart refused to lose to Michaels in Canada, and he had planned on relinquishing the WWE title the next night on Raw before joining rival promotion WCW. The incident upset many wrestlers backstage, who then planned on boycotting Raw the following night. In the end, only one wrestler ended up not showing up for work.That man was?Mick Foley.Just before leaving his home in Long Island for this Sundays Survivor Series event in Toronto, Foley tk a few moments to speak to ESPN about his experience that day and touch on a few other topics prior to this historic event.I was just upset because I was a friend of Bret Harts, and more importantly, hes a guy that I respect as a champion and a person, Foley said. So I walked out and didnt show up the next night for Raw. If I had a car I would have driven home, but I didnt, so I sat in the hotel rm in Montreal.I found out that night that one really is the loneliest number when only one guy sits out, Foley continued. There was a bunch of guys talking about it, but lking around the hotel I was the only one that ended up sitting out, so I said, Ah, I guess it didnt happen.After taking a moment to consider his long-term prospects, some insight from his wife allowed Foley to justify walking back through those drs and continuing on with the WWE.My wife pointed out that there was something in my contract that said I would be breaching my contract and couldnt work anywhere in the world for the next five years if I just sat home, Foley recalled. I came back and I was embraced, and it was never held against me -- as a matter of fact, I think Mr. McMahon respected it.Foley didnt love how things had played out in Montreal, but by continuing to pursue his lifelong passion, he achieved some of his greatest personal successes. The following year at Survivor Series, Foleys career would get the push he had always dreamed of when he was put in the main event against?The Rock?for the WWE championship.My greatest personal Survivor Series moment was facing The Rock in 1998 and having Mr. McMahon turn on me, Foley said. That set into motion one of the best series of matches Ive ever had and some of the most important with The Rock. Not only did we have great matches, but then we became teamed up following the rivalry, so that was big.By the time all was said and done, Foley was a three-time champion and earned induction into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013. He returned to the WWE earlier this year when the company implemented a brand split, separating talent onto either Raw or Smackdown. As general manager, Foley has been one of the most vocal advocates for the womens revolution, and Raw has seen some history made by?Sasha Banks?and?Charlotte Flair?in the last several months. Not only did Raw see its first womens main event in 12 years, one of Raws?brand-exclusive pay-per-views featured the first-ever womens Hell in a Cell match, the first womens match to main event a pay-per-view event.Triple H?was one of the main proponents of womens wrestling, Foley said, acknowledging how much of a companywide initiative it has been. As sn as they hired Sara Amato, or Sara Del Rey as shes [been] known [on the independents] as a coach, it showed how serious the WWE was in developing this next generation of women talent. Ive just been a guy pointing, going, Lk over there, theres something special happening. I hadnt seen Charlotte in years, and I hadnt even met the other women when I started watching them, but I knew there was something special there, and that people should take note of it -- and its only going to get better.Foley has been vocal on many topics of late, both within the WWE and outside of its scope on social media. No matter where you turn in the world, the fallout from the election of Donald Trump is being felt everywhere, by everyone, including Foley.While Foley has no personal interest in running for political office or cashing in on his celebrity to wield any kind of political power, he felt the need to make his opinion known prior to last weeks presidential election. The WWE Hall of Famer implored his millions of followers on Twitter and Facebk not to vote for Trump, who was standing about 15 feet away from me on stage, when both joined the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.I know our fan base is all over the political map, and you dont want to offend half your fan base, but I said [to myself] I have to be able to lk into the mirror and know I tried to do something, Foley told ESPN. I think its a scary time.President-elect Trump wasnt my choice, but Im going to be like Dave Chappelle and Im going to give him a chance -- but I think there are people out there with legitimate worries.Earlier this week, Bovada, an online betting company, set odds for the 2020 presidential election, including Dwayne The Rock Johnson at 100-1 and Vince McMahon, WWEs chairman and CEO, at 500-1. Foley said he could see his old tag-team partner and rival in the oval office in four years, even if it wont be a reunion of the Rock n Sock Connection.He also added a few other WWE names to that list, and while he initially feigned some apprehension, Foley included his current partner in crime, Raws commissioner Stephanie McMahon, in that group.I see The Rock running in 2020 and being a two-term president, Foley said. I think he would be great, and Im joking when I say I think?Stephanie McMahon?wouldnt be a fine president of the United?States. I think shes got the leadership qualities. I see those two as potential candidates, and I see Kane as a congressional leader.?Kane?could win, and hes maybe?the most knowledgeable man Ive met in any field of business.Rafael Marquez Jersey . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. Rodolfo Pizarro Jersey . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian trps in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. http://www.mexiconationalshop.us/Hirving-Lozano-Mexico-Jersey-Soccer/ . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. Eduardo Herrera Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing rm, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Mexico Soccer Jerseys . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rney said.SAN FRANCISCO -- Brandon Crawford drove in three runs and came within a triple of hitting for the cycle, Jeff Samardzija overcame a shaky first inning to win and the San Francisco Giants beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 6-2 on Friday night.Brandon Belt walked four times and scored for the Giants after earlier in the day being voted by fans to fill the final spot on the NL roster for next weeks All-Star Game.Crawford homered, singled, walked and doubled. He hit his ninth home run of the season off Diamondbacks starter Patrick Corbin (4-7) in the second, four pitches after Corbin twice threw inside to Buster Posey leading to the ejection of Giants manager Bruce Bochy.Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale was ejected in the fifth.Jean Segura homered leading off the game for Arizona.Samardzija (9-5) walked three and struck out six in 6 1/3 innings to win for the first time in four starts. The right-hander gave up two runs, both in the first inning. Samardzija also scored the go-ahead run on a throwing error after doubling leading off the fifth.Three relievers completed the seven-hitter.Things got chippy in the second after Segura was hit by a pitch from Samardzija with a runner at third.Corbin responded by throwing inside to Posey on consecutive pitches in the bottom half of the inning. The second went behind Posey and nearly hit him in the back, causing home plate umpire Quinn Wolcottt to warn both dugouts.ddddddddddddBochy came out to argue and was ejected.Crawford followed Bochys ejection with a tying two-run home run. He added an RBI single in the third, walked in the fifth and doubled in the seventh.Hale was ejected after going to the mound to make a pitching change following Corbins bases loaded walk to Grant Green.Corbin allowed five runs over 4 2/3 innings. The left-hander walked five with one strikeout.Gregor Blanco hit a pinch-hit home run in the eighth for the Giants.TRAINERS RMDiamondbacks: RHP Zack Grienke (left oblique strain) is feeling better but has not started playing catch. . INF Chris Owings (left ft plantar fasciitis) and OF David Peralta (low back sprain) tk batting practice before the game.Giants: OF Hunter Pence (hamstring) ran the bases and will continue with baseball activities throughout the weekend. . RHP Matt Cain allowed two runs over 5 2/3 innings with Triple-A Sacramento. . 2B Joe Panik (concussion) tk grounders and hit off a tee before the game.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: LHP Robbie Ray (4-7) makes his third start against the Giants this season Saturday. Ray pitched six scoreless innings to win at AT&T Park on April 19.Giants: RHP Jake Peavy (5-7) seeks his 18th career win against Arizona. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 270 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen