me during tthe week he would get me a goal and he

in Mitglieder 07.08.2019 09:19
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Baker Mayfield and Oklahoma tk advantage of their fresh start in Big 12 play, even with a far-from-perfect effort.Mayfield made up for two lost fumbles with four touchdowns, running for two and throwing two long ones to Dede Westbrk, and the Sners held on to win their conference opener, 52-46 at 21st-ranked TCU on Saturday.To come into a road environment like that and battle back, and kind of take over the game, just completely take momentum, its gd to see, Mayfield said. The biggest thing is not stalling out in the second half.After giving up 21 points in the first quarter for the first time in 20 years, the Sners (2-2) went ahead to stay with 28 consecutive points in the second quarter.This team has fight and character, and we need to again do some fundamental things better, coach Bob Stps said. But I believe as we go through, well keep getting better from it.Westbrk was wide open on a flea flicker for a 67-yarder that put Oklahoma up 28-21, and Mayfield then hit in him stride again for a 40-yard score.Thats Baker for you, said Westbrk, smiling.The Sners outscored TCU 42-3 over the second and third quarters to build a 25-point lead before the Frogs (3-2, 1-1) scored on three consecutive drives in the fourth quarter -- including TD passes of 64 and 74 yards from Kenny Hill to Taj Williams.Well, I like the way we fought back. What I wasnt happy with was we did it when they let down, TCU coach Gary Patterson said. Offensively after 21 points, we didnt play for two quarters.Mayfield was facing TCU for the first time since saying before the Orange Bowl last year that TCU was the team that disappointed him the most in recruiting, and claiming the Horned Frogs kind of drug it out without offering a scholarship while he turned down other offers.Patterson and Mayfield both insisted this week all that was in the past, with Mayfield even saying things were blown out of proportion. But when they were the same field, the Oklahoma junior quarterback was 23-of-30 passing for 274 yards, and ran 12 times for 55 yards.When asked what the game meant to him personally, Mayfield responded that it was huge to start conference play with a win.Everybody was saying our season was over, but to start the conference off 1-0 against one of the better teams in the conference, especially on the road, its going to be a confidence bster for us, he said. Personally, just moving forward, its great to see the offense have some success and realize our full potential.TAKEAWAYSOklahoma: While the Sners chances of a return to the College Ftball Playoff most likely ended after those two September losses (to No. 2 Ohio State and No. 6 Houston), theyre off to a gd start in pursuit of a 10th Big 12 title. Oklahoma hasnt lost consecutive regular-season games since 1999, in Stps first season.TCU: Those defensive woes for the Frogs clearly arent settled. While not allowing a touchdown against SMU a week ago, Pattersons squad allowed more than 40 points for the third time this season.RUNNING SNERSThe Sners had a 49-24 lead after Samaje Perines second TD run, a 1-yarder late in the third quarter. Perine, who finished with 98 yards on 17 carries yards, had an 8-yard TD in the second quarter when he reached the ball over the goal line while on top of TCU linebacker Sammy Douglas and 340-pound left tackle Orlando Brown. Joe Mixon had 16 carries for 105 yards, and also caught five passes for 70 yards.BIG-PLAY FROGSKenny Hill completed 26 of 44 passes for 449 yards and five touchdowns for TCU, including scoring strikes of 64 and 74 yards to Taj Williams in the fourth quarter, the later ending a stretch of 22 consecutive points for the Frogs that got them to 49-46. Williams finished with five catches for 210 yards.POLL IMPLICATIONSOklahoma: The Sners have already been ranked as a two-loss team, so theres a gd chance they get back in the poll this week after the impressive comeback. They were second in others receiving votes a week ago, having fallen out after an open date.TCU: Already in and out of the Top 25 in the first month of the season, the Frogs could fall out again after climbing back in last week.UP NEXTOklahoma: Coach Bob Stps team will be about 40 miles east in Dallas next Saturday for the annual Red River rivalry game against Texas at the State Fair of Texas.TCU: The Horned Frogs head to Kansas next weekend, the first of consecutive road games before an open date. Their next home game is Oct. 29.---AP college ftball website: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org Kyle Kuzma Lakers Jersey . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a pr start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. LeBron James Lakers Jersey . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell lked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. http://www.lakersteamofficial.com/Lebron-James-Lakers-Jersey/ . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was gd about the clubs recent play. It worked. Shaquille ONeal Lakers Jersey .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brklyn Nets are lking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Wilt Chamberlain Lakers Jersey . -- In a span of seven Washington Redskins offensive plays, Justin Tuck sacked Robert Griffin III four times. Brent Harvey, hands clasped on his head, lked exhausted as he sauntered up to Lindsay Thomas while he prepared to take a set shot at goal from close range late in North Melbournes win over St Kilda on Saturday night.But the 38-year-old snapped into action when Thomas gave off a quick handball and seconds later Kangars fans in the 44,287-strong crowd at Etihad Stadium wildly celebrated the goal they so dearly wanted from Harvey in his record 427th AFL game.I wasnt foxing but lucky my opponent just thought Lindsay was going to go back and kick the goal, Harvey said with a wry grin after he celebrated breaking Michael Tucks all-time games record with a 23-point win.I was knackered. I was pretty tired, it was late in the game and wed worked pretty hard.He marked one in the goal square and I was going over to him to give him a pat on the backside after he kicked it and he said Do you want this? I sort of lked around and I thought Yep! I got a little cheap one. But thats the kind of guy Lindsay is. He said to me during tthe week he would get me a goal and he did.ddddddddddddHarvey, who is still yet to lose a personal milestone game in his illustrious career, wasnt overawed by the situation and was a key contributor with 24 possessions.The win was a fitting tribute to a magnificent career but Harvey was careful not to get carried away with the occasion when asked how many games he thinks he has left in him.Ive got no idea ... Ill be on 428 next week and thats all that matters, he said.Weve got our 12 wins now and that was our objective at the start of the year, so well go out next week and have a massive crack against the Bulldogs and see if we can climb the ladder a little bit.Its a cliche, but weve got four games to go (until finals) and Ill be lking at it very short term.Harvey was chaired off the ground by close friends Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito, with St Kilda players joining in a guard of honour. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 360 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen