even after he set the NFL record for most recepti

in Mitglieder 07.08.2019 09:18
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul?had surgery Wednesday morning to repair a sports hernia and his injured groin and is likely to be sidelined for the rest of the regular season, a source told ESPN.Recovery time is expected to be at least six weeks, the source said, which would keep Pierre-Paul sidelined until the conference championship round.Losing Pierre-Paul, who is a free agent at the end of the season, is significant for the Giants (8-4). He was having a comeback season after losing his right index finger and parts of several others in a Fourth of July weekend fireworks accident in 2015.Pierre-Paul posted a picture from the hospital on social media Wednesday morning.Later Wednesday morning he tweeted that the surgery went well.He suffered the groin injury in Sundays loss to the?Pittsburgh Steelers. There was some optimism after an initial MRI that Pierre-Paul didnt have a sports hernia and surgery wasnt necessary. That changed after his visit Tuesday to Dr. William Meyers in Philadelphia.The Giants, who are preparing for an NFC East showdown Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, seemed resigned late Tuesday to the idea that they would be without Pierre-Paul for some time.Like I said, its going to be tough. Its going to be tough without him, defensive captain and starting linebacker Jonathan Casillas said. But next person up. We have to move on. It is what it is.Pierre-Paul, 27, had 53 tackles and seven sacks in 12 games this season. He led the Giants and was second in the NFL with eight batted passes.The only defensive lineman to play more snaps than Pierre-Paul (753) this season is teammate Olivier Vernon (76, according to ESPN Stats & Information.Kerry Wynn?could stand to gain playing time with Pierre-Paul out. Wynn started seven games last season, including six when Pierre-Paul was out after his fireworks accident, but he had the second-most snaps among any defensive end in the NFL without a sack in 2015 (554), according to ESPN Stats & Information.Wynn has 0.5 sacks this season in 85 snaps. st-canada.html" target="_blank">Ultra Bst Canada Sale . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. st-500-canada.html" target="_blank">Yeezy 500 Canada . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. st-350.html" target="_blank">http://www.yeezyshoescanada.com/canada-yeezy-bst-350.html . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity ftball teams. st-canada/ultra-bst-uncaged.html" target="_blank">Ultra Bst Uncaged Cheap . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. NMD Canada Sale . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. LATROBE, Pa. -- Antonio Brown made it clear that he wants a new contract, but never considered holding out despite greatly outperforming his current deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers.The wide receiver spoke about his contract status for the first time on Sunday following the Steelers first padded training camp practice at St. Vincent College. Brown insisted hes focused on preparing for the upcoming season and not his contract situation.The Rney family has been first class with me, Brown said. I would never hold out. Its not a gd representation towards people who have been taking care of me.Im a first-class guy ... and the first way of getting better is showing up. So Im always going to show up, do my part and be ready to go.Brown currently has two years left on his current contract, which expires in 2017. He established franchise records by recording at least 120 receptions and 1,600 receiving yards in consecutive seasons. The 28-year-old Brown also set NFL records, becoming the first player in league history with 526 receptions in his first six years and the first to catch at least 125 passes in consecutive seasons.He believes that kind of production deserves a reward.I know you have to take care of your guys, Brown said. If a guy underperforms, you get rid of him. If a guy over performs, you take care of him. Thats the kind of business were in.Brown said his agent Drew Rosenhaus is in talks with the team and he hopes an agreement can be reached. The Steelers historically do not give players new contracts until there is one year remaining. The team has said it will only negotiate with quarterbacks when there are two years left on a contract.Brown currently makes an average of $8.3 million, less than the $14 million average earned by the top five receivers in the league. Last season, the Steelers paid Brown $2 million of future salary to appease the star receiver.Brown didnt indicate if he would be satisffied with another restructured deal.ddddddddddddIts solely up to my agent to handle that part, said Brown, who signed a five-year, $42.5 million deal in 2012, after his second NFL season.I dont know what they can do. I know theres a lot of possibilities. Right now, Im focused on getting better each day and bettering my game.If Brown is upset about his contract, it certainly doesnt show. Brown, who appeared on Dancing with the Stars during the offseason, arrived at training camp in a custom-wrapped black-and-gold Rolls-Royce and regularly acknowledges fans with a wave and a smile during practice.I love camp because you get a chance to interact with fans, and I get to compete against other guys, Brown said. Its the beginning of the journey. It gets you ready for the season.Brown, a two-time All-Pro and four-time Pro Bowler, said hes trying to grow in all areas and seeks continued improvement even after he set the NFL record for most receptions in any three consecutive seasons.He wont have Martavis Bryant on the opposite side after the talented wide receiver was suspended one year because he violated the leagues drug policy. Star running back LeVeon Bell could also sit out four games after missing multiple drug tests.It could affect the teams Super Bowl aspirations, but Brown isnt worried.In the course of the year, theres always going to be adversity, said Brown, who missed the Steelers January playoff loss to Denver with a concussion. The only thing we can control is how we deal with it.Thats the way hes handling his contract situation, t.I could get into contract talk, but thats not my focus, Brown said. Im confident in the Rney family and the Pittsburgh Steelers in getting something done. Right now, Im just focused on the season, working on my game and continuing to get better. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 38 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen