ow, but the changes to both seem like change

in Mitglieder 07.08.2019 09:18
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- After giving up the lead late, the first-place Texas Rangers recovered to pull out the win.Carlos Gomez homered twice to give Texas the early lead, and Jonathan Lucroy capped a late see-saw game with a two-run homer in the eighth to lead the Rangers to an 8-5 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday night.It was enough, said Rangers manager Jeff Banister. I wouldnt say it was a perfect ballgame but one we really fought hard to win.The Angels rallied against reliever Keone Kela in the seventh. Kole Calhoun hit a two-run homer to tie it at 4-4. Banister stuck with Kela, but Mike Trout singled, advanced to third on a groundout and a wild pitch, and scored the go-ahead run on ground-rule double from C.J. Cron.The Angels lead was short-lived, however, as Lucroys 10th homer off reliever Jose Alvarez in the eighth gave the Rangers the lead back.Nomar Mazara tripled and scored on a wild pitch by Jose Valdez (1-2) to make it 7-5 later in the eighth. Adrian Beltre completed three consecutive singles in the ninth to finish the scoring.Valdez just had trouble finishing pitches, Scioscia said.With the victory the AL-best Rangers maintained their 9 1/2-game lead over the Astros in the West.Gomez hit both homers off right-hander Daniel Wright. He led off the game by hitting Wrights first pitch for a solo home run.It kind of shocked me a little bit, Wright said. He hit it well, to say the least. It kind of put me on my heels a little bit. You never want that to happen when you go out there. I tried to bounce back as best I could.Gomez added a two-run homer in the fourth against Wright, who was making his Angels debut.Wright, who was claimed off waivers from Cincinnati last Sunday and had not pitched in 12 days, lasted five innings. He allowed the four runs on six hits and a walk.I think he really showed the ability to spin the ball, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. I think his fastball is sneaky. He got it in gd spots. And really the first pitch of the game, Gomez just ambushed him on a slider. Outside of that, he did a pretty gd job.Rangers left-hander Cole Hamels, coming off his worst start of the season against the Mariners (six runs in 4 1/3 innings) was not at his sharpest, but held the Angels to two runs in his six innings. He allowed six hits and four walks.He was kind of effectively wild, Banister said. Really, his misses were down and lateral. He threw enough quality strikes to keep hitters off balanced.After the Texas bullpen initially faltered, Tanner Scheppers (1-0), Matt Bush and Sam Dyson held the Angels scoreless over the final 2 1/3 innings. Dyson pitched the ninth to earn his 34th save.TRAINERS RMRangers: 2B Rougned Odor was given the night off with a sore hamstring. The Rangers said it was precautionary and called him day to day. . RH Colby Lewis is scheduled to make his first start Sunday since going down with a right lat strain June 21.Angels: Catcher Geovany Soto is still hopeful he will be able to return this season. Soto has been on the disabled list three times and appeared in only 26 games. He is currently out with right knee inflammation, but underwent a full workout Saturday.SHOEMAKER HOSPITALIZEDAngels right-hander Matt Shoemaker, who had emergency brain surgery Sunday after taking a line drive off his head, was back in the hospital Saturday.Angels general manager Billy Eppler said it was done as a precautionary measure after an MRI for swelling came back inconclusive. Eppler said Shoemaker had complained of pressure.A CT scan taken after Shoemaker was hospitalized came back negative for brain swelling but Eppler said he would remain overnight for observation.UP NEXTRangers: Colby (6-1) was off to a terrific start before landing on the disabled list for over two months. Sunday would mark his 16th start of the season. In three rehab starts he allowed 11 runs in 10 innings.Angels: RH Jered Weaver (10-11) will attempt to even his record. Last season was the only time in his 11-year career he has posted a losing record (7-12). Kelley OHara Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your bk. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Lynn Williams USA Jersey . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. http://www.officialsocceruswntshop.com/amy-rodriguez-usa-jersey/ . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Alyssa Naeher Jersey . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Christen Press USA Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your bk. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Cleveland hosted yet another in a growing run of strong episodes of SmackDown Live on Tuesday:The tension grew naturally around the WWE world championship and the three men vying for it, although it was largely confined to the match at hand in the main event.?Alexa Bliss?further established herself as a serious?contender for the SmackDown womens championship, and a womens tag-team match entirely separated from the title picture carried on a compelling story.The Usos?tk another step toward becoming the dominant heel tag-team champions theyre seemingly inevitably destined to be.?Bray Wyatt?and?Randy Orton?brought?Halloween to life a month early (OK, maybe scratch that last one, at least for the time being).But when it came down a couple of hometown boys competing for the Intercontinental championship,?Dolph Ziggler?and?The Miz?pushed their rivalry to a dramatic new level and?what?should be a thrilling conclusion at No Mercy.It started with The Miz enacting one of the many perks of his new contract -- a homecoming celebration at Quicken Loans Arena. Miz carried his momentum through Day 176 of his Never-ending Intercontinental Championship World Tour with a few choice words about the Cleveland Cavaliers and the crowd for allowing a traitor like LeBron James to come back and manufacture a title when he had been a champion long before that point. After pointing out his parents in the crowd -- the only two people in attendance he deemed worthy -- Miz singled out Zigglers parents, who were also in attendance.After proclaiming they produced a world-class loser, Ziggler immediately came out to defend the honor of those Miz had besmirched. After Ziggler labeled Miz a cheater for his shortcuts in winning their title showdowns, The Miz snapped and basically pointed to the scoreboard -- saying that there wont be any asterisks, and that hed done much more with his career.You almost [reached] that main event level, but now youre barely midlevel. Youre the opening act. ... That gets everybody happy, but then just loses, Miz said. Your career makes me absolutely sick, and I would be embarrassed if it was mine. Let me explain something to you, Ziggler -- you should be embarrassed. Your parents should be embarrassed, your friends should be embarrassed and your city should be embarrassed. Because you have done nothing of late.I actually feel sorry for you, but you know what, Dolph, Im done here. I imagine you came out here to ask, One more match, Miz? and the answer is no, Dolph. You have nothing that matters -- maybe this ring, maybe this crowd, but everything else is done for you. You have nothing.As hes done several times in the past few months, Ziggler proved just how underrated a talent he can be on the microphone when given the right chance.Wait, Miz. Mike, wait, Ziggler called out. Youre right, man. This, this is all I have, he continued, pointing down at the ring. These couple minutes a night, 300 nights a year, this is my everything. I dont think thats a surprise to anyone. They know that I live for this. This is what I love. But you know what? Sometimes the things you love dont always love you back. You can give, and you can give, and you can give ... and sometimes, you get nothing in return! Nothing! You have friends, and family, and fans coming up to you [asking] you, why do you still do it? Why are you still here? Why do you subject yourself to this every night?Its because I cant stop. I cant, Ziggler continued, red in the face and continuing to fight off tears. Its a sickness, I cant stop. And maybe my career didnt always turn out the way I thought it would, you know? I thought it wouldve been better. I thought I earned something. I thought Id be a bigger star. But you know what? I just cant stop myself. You put that title up one more time ... and Ill put up my entire career.When Ziggler tearfully offered up his career in exchange for one final shot at the Mizs title, he suddenly and dramatically brought their rivalry to its crescendo. He also presented, clear as day within the storylines of the WWE, the kind of career crossroads that he faces in the real world.In the careers of almost every WWE superstar who spends a significant amount of time in the company, there are a few specific turning points where a career could go in one of a number of drastically different directions. Whether it comes down to the wrestler him (or her)self, circumstances beyond anyones control or the whim of someone in a position of power, entire careers become defined by these singular moments in time. Dolph Zigglers career is no different, but unlike some of the biggest superstars of this era of the WWE -- the Orton,?John Cena?and?Chris Jericho-level players -- Ziggler not?only?seemed to lose the lions share of the matches, but lose in such a way, and in such volume, that his star turns were somewhat nullified.Unlike The Miz suggested while he was running down his adversarys career as a failure, Ziggler cant be dismissed when his accomplishments in the ring are listed. There were Intercontinental championship reigns -- four of them, in fact, along with a United States championship reign and a tag-team title run very early on as part of the Spirit Squad. The two clearest moments of truth in the WWE career of Dolph Ziggler, though -- the moments that shine a light on how thin the line between the upper echelon and middle of the road in the wrestling world can be -- hhappened during his reigns as world heavyweight champion.ddddddddddddHis first stretch with the big, gold belt lasted less than a night and served as little more than another notch in the belt of an 11-time world champion in Edge. It was largely forgotten moment thats notable in Zigglers career only because hed win again, and stands as the first failed attempt to get him recognized as a top-level star. By the second time he captured the world heavyweight championship, when he cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase the night after WrestleMania 29, he was one of the most popular superstars in the company.A concussion issue hampered Zigglers run at the top after just two months, and despite numerous other world title matches and a few additional Intercontinental championship reigns, the blm was somehow off the rose. He got one more moment as the focal point of the entire company when, at the 2014 Survivor Series, he was the sole survivor in a match that temporarily dispatched the hated Authority. Despite a win over?Seth Rollins, The Authority sn returned and Ziggler sn floundered again.Ziggler did draw a certain level of interest during his world title feud with?Dean Ambrose, and during this most recent run against Miz. With this final opportunity against The Miz, which?should lead to either a long-awaited big win for Ziggler or some kind of complication (a loss seems unlikely, given the finality of how the career stipulation was laid out), Ziggler has another opportunity in the spotlight.If hes unable to do something with this chance, there may not be another one waiting down the line.Hits and missesOther than some brief backstage interviews, the WWE world championship main event and the three men competing it were largely confined to the final 30 minutes. It worked well in keeping the focus on the match, which was another solid effort from Ambrose and?A.J. Styles, but it also allowed Cena to clearly?present the kind of value he brings to this three-way rivalry. Both during his commentary on this match and afterward on the Talking Smack post-show, he showed hes one of the best in the business at interweaving reality and storyline and blurring the line in just the right way. After Ambrose ran him down both in the ring and on the microphone in the past few weeks, Cena spent the last five minutes of Talking Smack picking Ambrose apart piece by piece -- and it all rang true.As you might expect with a title match less than two weeks away, Styles held on to the title in a manner that fit all of the stories the trio has told since this match was announced. It was similar in execution to their showdown at Backlash, with a nice callback to a pre-confrontation showdown between the pair as Styles was suspended straddling the top rope in an uncomfortable position. Rather than bouncing Styles up and down on that rope, he hit a top-rope lariat that was well-executed on all accounts.In the end, both Styles and Ambrose tk swings at Cena, he got involved, and Styles got a roll-up by holding Ambroses tights (well, jeans) thanks to the distraction. Ambrose got his comeuppance for two weeks of laying Cena out, and Styles got an Attitude Adjustment of his own for his troubles. Theres a nice balance going on between these three, and it should make for a great showdown at No Mercy.There was a significant attempt to breathe life into the feud between Wyatt and Orton by having it kick off the show. The series of backstage vignettes were, at times, cheesy, but served a similar purpose to previous weeks -- only with Orton allowed to strike out at Wyatt.?Erick Rowan?once again served?as little more than window dressing (and the longer we wait for the return of?Luke Harper, the more questions regarding Rowans value will pop up).?The most interesting part of the series, in which Orton wandered around dimly lit areas of the backstage area at Quicken Loans Arena, were the frames that started to skip -- showing that the seemingly victorious Orton had disappeared. That portion of the video was largely glossed over on commentary, but if this rivalry is ?to gain an edge or level of excitement in the next two weeks, lets hope that becomes something noteworthy going forward.Im already missing?The Usos old new lks and muted version of their entrance theme. I thought both were simple and to the point and showed just how?low-frills, no-nonsense theyre becoming. Ill reserve judgment for now, but the changes to both seem like change for changes sake at the outset. It came as little surprise that they earned the pinfalls in their eight-man tag-team match, but the most interesting elements to this showdown were?Chad Gable, who lked especially sharp, and?Heath Slater, who got the hot tag and cleaned house -- a stark reminder of how far hes come?in?the past few months.As?Becky Lynch?came out for a match with ... well, we never found out who it was supposed to be with, Bliss attacked her from behind and laid Lynch out. The?champion sold every bit of the attack and showed why shes uniquely suited to help bring some of the younger female superstars up as SmackDown Live evolves. The tag team match involving?Carmella,?Nikki Bella,?Natalya?and?Naomi?was a solid 10-minute encounter as well -- a?far?cry?from?the 33 seconds of chaos from one week ago. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 184 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen