er and given the opportunity, Id like to t

in Bewerbung 06.08.2019 13:09
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Mitchell Johnson hopes to pursue a mentoring role in Australian cricket, with the aim of helping young players adjust to the major lifestyle changes that come with reaching the elite level.Nearly a year on from his international retirement, Johnson is preparing for his first home summer as a spectator, although he will still have a playing role after signing with the Perth Scorchers for the BBL. However, he also believes he has plenty to offer off the field, given his own personal experience of a rapid rise to the big time.I came from not much money and to all of a sudden earn big cash was really exciting, and you want to spend it and do this and do that, Johnson told reporters in Perth on Wednesday. But I had gd people around me ... Through cricket Ive experienced all the highs and lows. Im in the process of figuring out where to go with the mentoring side of things and hopefully in the next year or so I can be part of guiding these young guys.Johnson used the example of controversies in the National Rugby League to highlight the need for off-field assistance for players, who could easily find themselves led towards questionable behaviour without proper guidance.I think were seeing a lot of sportsmen falling into the trap of earning big money and theres gambling and theres drinking and theres lots of things going on, Johnson said. Definitely theres a real challenge there, lking at it from a cricket point of view, for Cricket Australia and the ACA to bring in some past players and hopefully mentor. Im definitely lking into that at the moment. Its something thats at the front of my mind.Its been like this for a long time, its not just now. But I guess theres more opportunities now. Theres more money involved in sport. I guess the example that I see is growing up in north Queensland and seeing what the [NRL team] Cowboys have gone through now.Getting that gd coin now and you see in the papers theres a bit of trouble with a few players, they come from nowhere to all of a sudden earning big money and I think just a bit of guidance would be great. I dont think a lot of sportsmen are getting that guidance or mentoring at the moment.Hydro Flask Wide Mouth 18 oz Flamingo . The 18th player to sht 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-ft birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Hydro Flask Standard Mouth 18 oz Zwart . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. http://www.hydroflasknederland.com/hydro-flask-coffee-12-oz-coffee-wit.html .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. Hydro Flask Standard Mouth 24 oz Munt .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Wdson said Wednesday that J. Hydro Flask Coffee 16 oz Coffee Flamingo . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records.Allrounder Moises Henriques knows he is gd enough for Test cricket, but he also knows that consistency is the key if he is to fulfil his ambition of a long career in the baggy green. In Sri Lanka, Henriques is soaking up the atmosphere of again being part of Australias Test squad, the first time he has toured with the Test side in more than two years.And while Mitchell Marsh is the established allrounder in Australias Test team, there is a chance Henriques could play on the tour depending on the balance of the attack Australias selectors decide to use. Although Henriques has not played a first-class match since November - his season was ended by a calf injury suffered in the BBL - the selectors tk a punt on him for the Sri Lanka tour.Henriques played his only three Tests on Australias most recent Test tour of South Asia, in India in 2013, and his batting on debut hinted at a Test-match temperament. Henriques used his long limbs to reach from the crease and negate Indias spin threat in Chennai, his 68 and 81* making him the only Australian since 1980 to score 50-plus in both innings on debut.However, Henriques failed to reach double figures in either of the Tests that followed, in Hyderabad and Mohali, and picked up only two wickets for the series on pitches that offered little for the pace bowlers. He was dropped for the final Test in Delhi and although he was part of the squadd that toured South Africa a year later, he has not played a Test since that Indian series.dddddddddddd.I hope Ive improved and I hope Ive also learnt about how hard Test cricket is, in terms of backing up day after day, Test after Test, Henriques told reporters in Colombo on Tuesday. You see the likes of Smithy and Davey, how they perform Test after Test and are able to bounce back and just be extremely consistent all the time.Its not just about one gd performance or a couple of gd performances. Youve got to keep churning them and keep being as gd as you can for as long as you can. After one gd Test I felt like Id displayed that I was gd enough, but just not consistent enough. Thats the biggest thing, is to do it over and over again. I certainly feel like Ive improved as a cricketer and given the opportunity, Id like to think I could do even better than I did then.Although Henriques missed the second half of Australias home season, he had plenty of time to get used to Asian conditions during the IPL, playing all 17 matches in Sunrisers Hyderabads successful campaign. That was followed by a stint training on the special spinning pitch Cricket Australia has developed in Brisbane, and Henriques hopes that preparation will hold him in gd stead. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 66 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen