manager A.J. Hinch said Gregerson is progressing nicely. Hi

in Mitglieder 06.08.2019 10:26
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BEREA, Ohio -- Joe Thomas has taken his share of lumps with the Cleveland Browns. He is willing to absorb many more.The six-time All-Pro left tackle expressed his strong desire to remain with the team Wednesday rather than be traded to a contender.I do want to win a championship and I want to have it in Cleveland, Thomas said. I understand when youre a gd older player on a team thats not winning, its natural to have your name out there.But when I first got here, my goal was to be part of turning the Browns into a consistent winner. We havent done that yet, so that means my mission is not complete.Thomas name has been floated around the NFL in advance of the Nov. 1 trade deadline. Browns coach Hue Jackson emphatically stated Thomas would not be dealt earlier in the week.That decision, however, is in the hands of ftball operations director Sashi Brown and team owner Jimmy Haslam III. They have not spoken on the subject, but the team did negotiate with Denver to trade Thomas last October.It feels gd to be loved, so Im hoping they stick to (Hues) word on that, said Thomas, who will turn 32 on Dec. 4. Ive had the experience of going through this before -- my sense is that a trade was close last year -- but I try not to worry about something I have no control over.Obviously, I really want to be here. Its important for me to be part of the turnaround.The 6-ft-6, 312-pounder is one of eight players in NFL history to be selected for the Pro Bowl in his first nine seasons. The other seven are in the Pro Ftball Hall of Fame.Cleveland drafted Thomas with the third overall pick in 2007, which also was the last time it finished with a winning record. The Wisconsin product has played in all 151 games and for 9,388 offensive snaps, but has never qualified for the playoffs.The Browns are 0-7 heading into their Sunday home game against the New York Jets, making them 47-104 since Thomas came aboard.I still want to be part of it and I really respect the coaching staff, he said. I think Jimmy got it right by hiring Hue and his staff, and I think Sashi and the guys upstairs are doing a great job. I think all the pieces are here, its just going to take a little bit of time.Thomas has personal and professional reasons for wanting to stay in Cleveland, where he and cornerback Joe Haden are the faces of the franchise. He is an investor in a suburban barbeque restaurant that will open sn, and is beloved by local fans.Case in point: Thomas was shown on the scoreboard at Game 1 of the World Series between the Indians and Chicago Cubs on Tuesday. He also filmed a congratulatory message for the Cavaliers concurrent NBA championship ceremony, receiving loud cheers at both Progressive Field and Quicken Loans Arena.My wife (Annie) and I certainly feel like were Clevelanders, Thomas said. Just because you werent born somewhere doesnt mean you dont feel like part of the city. We feel like weve got some pretty deep rts here. Theres no reason we want to leave.Game notes QB Josh McCown (fractured left collarbone) has been medically cleared to play against the Jets, while QB Cody Kessler (concussion) is in the NFLs head-injury protocol after being hurt Sunday in Tennessee. Jackson declined to say who will start, citing the latters uncertain status. Today is Wednesday, so tomorrow Cody could be out of the concussion protocol, the coach said. Im not ruling him out. Well see as we go through the week. . The Browns have used six quarterbacks through seven games. Robert Griffin III started Week 1 and fractured his left shoulder, McCown started Week 2 and was hurt, and Kessler has been under center for the last five games. Charlie Whitehurst, Kevin Hogan and wide receiver Terrelle Pryor also have played QB.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Jordan Greenway Wild Jersey . Robinson finished with 17 points, all but two in the second half, and Lawson had 14 after halftime and finished with a game-high 11 assists as the Nuggets handed Dallas its first home loss in eight games this season. J.J. Hickson led Denver with 22, and Kenneth Faried added 10 points and 10 rebounds. Joel Eriksson Ek Jersey .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. http://www.authenticwildpro.com/Greg-pateryn-wild-jersey/ .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. Minnesota Wild Jerseys . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada tk control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Devan Dubnyk Jersey . Tuesdays surgery at Atlantas Piedmont Hospital was performed by Dr. Xavier Duralde and Hawks team physician Dr. Michael Bernot. MINNEAPOLIS -- Tyler Duffey pitched six effective innings and Minnesota tk advantage of two misplays by center fielder Carlos Gomez in a three-run fifth that sent the Twins past the Houston Astros 3-1 on Monday night.Gomez, the former Twins outfielder, let Jorge Polancos single skip by him for a two-base error that allowed one run to score. Then he lost a fly ball off Juan Centenos bat, turning it into an RBI triple.Danny Santana followed with a run-scoring single, and Minnesota won for the seventh time in nine games.Duffey (7- permitted one run on four hits and struck out eight. Three relievers combined for three hitless innings, and Brandon Kintzler finished for his 10th save in 11 chances.Collin McHugh (7-9) gave up three runs and 10 hits in seven innings, losing his third straight start.Eddie Rosario had three hits for Minnesota, which has come around after a dreadful first half of the season.The Twins entered the year with postseason hopes after a surprising 2015 season but then finished the first half as the worst team in the American League. But since July 2, Minnesota has gone 21-12 and is playing the role of spoiler well.Since July 2, Minnesota leads the majors in runs, hits, doubles and triples.Polanco, called up from the minors when the Twins traded All-Star infielder Eduardo Nunez to San Francisco, has played a big part. Polanco has hit .378 with six RBI in nine games since being recalled.Meanwhile, Minnesota manager Paul Molitor said Rosario will get a lk in center field after the team sent BByron Buxton to Triple-A on Sunday.dddddddddddd Rosario has hit .461 with four RBI in six games as the starting center fielder.Houstons playoff push has stalled as the offense has struggled. The Astros have lost 10 of their past 13 games and scored more than three runs just three times during that span.TRAINERS RMAstros: 2B Jose Altuve was given the night off, snapping the longest active streak in the majors at 202 consecutive games played. . Right-handed reliever Luke Gregerson (left oblique strain) was scheduled to throw off a mound, and manager A.J. Hinch said Gregerson is progressing nicely. Hinch expects Gregerson to throw a few more times before being activated from the DL and said a rehab assignment likely wont be needed. . INF Luis Valbuena (right hamstring) is back in Houston and Hinch said Valbuena has done some increased running.Twins: Trevor Plouffe returned to the lineup after missing 32 games with a broken rib. Plouffe started at third base and went 1 for 4.UP NEXTHector Santiago (10-5, 4.37 ERA) makes his first home start for the Twins on Tuesday night. The left-hander was acquired from the Los Angeles Angels at the trade deadline and gave up four runs on five hits in five innings in his Minnesota debut at Cleveland. Houston counters with RHP Mike Fiers (7-5, 4.34), who tied a season high with seven strikeouts but tk the loss against Toronto in his last appearance. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen