been under pressure internally, said Scott

in Bewerbung 03.08.2019 11:37
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

American light flyweight Nico Hernandezs Cinderella run at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics came to an end when he lost a unanimous three-round decision to Hasanboy Dusmatov, of Uzbekistan, in the semifinals on Friday.Hernandez lost 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28 but will receive a bronze because both semifinal losers receive one in the boxing competition.Hernandez is the first American male boxer to claim an Olympic medal of any kind since heavyweight Deontay Wilder received a bronze at the 2008 Games in Beijing.Im definitely disappointed. I didnt want to go home with a bronze medal. I wanted to go home with gold, Hernandez said. I know, win or lose, my supporters back home are proud of me either way.I ended the drought of medaling and it was definitely a great feeling being the first one in eight years but, like I said before, I didnt want to go home with a bronze medal. Im just going to move on from here.Dusmatov, a southpaw, will face Colombias Yurberjen Herney Martinez Rivas for the gold medal in the 108-pound weight class final on Sunday afternn.Rivas upset Johanys Argilagos, of Cuba, by split decision in the other light flyweight semifinal on Friday.The 20-year-old Hernandez, of Wichita, Kansas, finished the tournament 3-1 and became the first American light flyweight to win a medal since Michael Carbajal, who went on to have a Hall of Fame professional career, claimed silver in the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.Hernandez was not expected to reach the medal round but put himself in great position when he upset Vasilii Egorov, of Russia, the No. 2 seed in the weight class, in Mondays quarterfinals.Then Hernandez advanced to the semifinals with a unanimous decision against Ecuadors Carlos Eduardo Quipo Palaxti on Wednesday.Dusmatov, however, proved to be a bit better in what was a winnable match for Hernandez.He was the better man than me, Hernandez said. What I thought I did wrong was I let him get t close and make it a dirty fight instead of moving on my feet and staying on the outside.Hernandez lost the first round - as he did in each of his Olympic bouts - and the second round on all three scorecards as Dusmatov was precise with counter left hands. Hernandez suffered a cut over his left eye late in the second round; head gear, which usually prevented most cuts in past Olympics, was eliminated for this year.When I got cut my vision went a little blurry and I could really see that well, Hernandez said. But after (his corner) cleaned it up it got better and it didnt really affect me t much.Hernandez was more aggressive and pressed the action in the third round, although the fight was briefly halted so the ringside doctor could check the cut before allowing it to continue. Two of the three judges scored the final round for Hernandez, who will receive his medal during the ceremony on Sunday.Going into the decision, I knew it was going to be a close fight, Hernandez said. I thought it could have gone either way so I was definitely disappointed I lost, but I know the fight was t close and I let it be way t closer than it should (have been).I fought his fight instead of my own. I let him come in and make the fight t wild and thats why I lost.The 2012 U.S. mens boxing team did not win a single medal for the first time in history, a shock considering Team USA had won a total of 110 medals - the most for any nation -- including 49 gold medals. So Hernandezs medal, No. 111, was a big bst for USA Boxing, which in November hired head coach Billy Walsh away from Ireland, where he had success, to try to revive the flagging program.Im proud to end the drought of medaling for USA Boxing, Hernandez said. Im definitely proud that I made it to this level, definitely blessed.As for whether he will turn pro next or lk to make another medal run at the 2020 Olympic in Tokyo remains to be seen. The disappointment from Fridays loss was still t fresh to make such an important decision.Im gonna take a little break off boxing after this and talk to my father (Lewis) about it and see what we come up with, Hernandez said.Also Friday, Team USA lightweight Carlos Balderas, 19, of Santa Maria, California, lost a unanimous decision -- 30-27 on all three scorecards --- to Cubas Lazaro Alvarez, the No. 1 seed, in the quarterfinals and was eliminated from medal contention as the American men dropped to 6-3 overall at the Rio Games.Dries Mertens Jersey .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Youri Tielemans Belgium Jersey .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. http://www.belgiumsoccerpro.com/Jan-Vertonghen-Belgium-Jersey/ . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Kevin De Bruyne Belgium Jersey . Tests earlier this week revealed a Grade 2 left hamstring strain for Sabathia, who was hurt in last Fridays start against San Francisco. Its an injury that will require about eight weeks to heal. He finished a disappointing campaign just 14-13 with a career-worst 4. Romelu Lukaku Jersey . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season.Sam Menegola has spent the best part of six years wondering when - and if - he would ever make his AFL debut.Then when it finally happened, he barely had time to think about it.The 24-year-old utility arrived at Simonds Stadium on Saturday evening fully expecting to be an emergency.But a bitterly cold and wet day in Geelong had got Cats coach Chris Scott thinking.Ruckman Zac Smith had been sore during the week and Menegola had been knocking down the dr with impressive form in the VFL.So the switch was made, with Menegola ending a hugely impressive debut with 26 possessions - more than half contested - in the Cats comprehensive 30-point win over Adelaide.The conditions were just enough to tip it in Sams favour, said Scott.We made the decision right at the last minute.I did say to Sam `its probably not the way you imagined it but youre in buddy so stand up and do a gd job for us.He absolutely did that.Menegola spent 2011 on Hawthorns rkie list and the following three seasons as a Fremantle rkie, all without managing a single AFL game.A standout 2015 in the WAFL for Subiaco prompted Geelong to give him one last shot.Ive probably refined how I work in the contest annd what I do with the ball when I win it contested, said Menegola.ddddddddddddJust composure with the fty and adjusting some habits, like quick kicking from stoppages.As much as anything its just fitting into Geelongs system.Its such a gd system that you dont want to be the one letting it down.Menegola wasnt the only lesser light to stand up against the Crows, with Jed Bews doing a number on the dangerous Eddie Betts for the second time this year.Tom Hawkins and Dan Menzel bted four goals apiece, while Steven Motlop had seven tackles to go with 24 possessions in a year where his workrate has been regularly questioned.Weve had a few guys that have been down and a few guys who have been under pressure internally, said Scott, whose team will return to the top four at the conclusion of round 18.I know the external focus has been on a couple of guys, most probably Hawkins and Motlop, who were pretty gd tonight.I can honestly say were excited about what we can do if we get a lift from probably a third of the team who are below expectations. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 313 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen