re with the players.No, I havent talked to them about anything. W

in Spam Area!!! 02.08.2019 11:03
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BOSTON -- Stunned by an eight-run rally Sunday night that cost them the series finale against the Kansas City Royals, the Boston Red Sox lk to Rick Porcello to reverse their fortunes.Porcello brings a 12-0 home record to the mound in the opener of a three-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night at Fenway Park.Porcello will face fellow right-hander Matt Andriese in a rematch of a game last Wednesday in St. Petersburg, Fla. Neither pitcher earned a decision in that game, won 4-3 by the Rays in 11 innings, and Porcello takes his second shot at a major-league-leading 18th win in the rematch.He will bid to become the first Red Sox pitcher in 70 years to start a season 13-0 at home.In the first year of a five-year contract extension worth $82.5 million, Porcello (17-3, 3.23 ERA) is a legitimate Cy Young Award candidate.I think the one thing was that we werent sure as time went on if he would take the jump to be a top-of-the-rotation guy once we had him, Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said in a recent WEEI interview. We lked at him maybe as a middle-of-the-rotation type.As David Price has lived through his ups and downs in his first year in Boston, and as Steven Wright has emerged as a pleasant surprise, Porcello has flown under the radar and run up his strongest major league season.Dombrowski traded Porcello away from the Tigers to the Red Sox and then inherited the pitcher during Porcellos 9-15 first season in Boston. The Red Sox signed him to the big contract four months after acquiring him from Detroit but before he threw a regular-season pitch with his new team.Since May 22, he is 11-1 with a 3.12 ERA, and he is 3-1 with a 2.39 ERA in August. At Tampa Bay last week, Porcello pitched 7 2/3 innings of three-run ball, striking out eight without issuing a walk.The current Rays roster has a collective .272 batting average against Porcello, with Brad Miller hitting three home runs among his four hits in 15 at-bats against the right-hander. Evan Longoria (10-for-40) and Corey Dickerson (3-for-13) have also homered against Porcello.Longoria has 15 homers in 72 games at Fenway Park.Andriese (6-5, 3.71 ERA) has pitched twice against Boston this year -- an impressive two-inning relief outing at Fenway Park on July 10, during which he struck out five, and last weeks quality start, when he gave up three runs in six innings. Andriese fanned eight and walked one Wednesday.He is 0-3 with a 5.63 ERA in eight appearances since the All-Star break, but Andriese, who turned 27 on Sunday, said he was eager to face the potent Red Sox again.The last-place Rays (55-74) won the final two games to earn a split of the four-game series with the Red Sox last week. Tampa Bay lost the first two in Houston before beating the Astros 10-4 on Sunday.Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash is not pleased with his clubs fundamentals.As a staff, were losing sleep over it, Cash said Sunday, according to the Tampa Bay Tribune. Lk, weve got a group of some young players here. Were always going to have young players. But at some point those young players, even though they are young, weve got find a way to impact them to where theyre making positive decisions and adjustments in their game.Weve spent a lot of time talking about it, what can we do better this last month, what we can address more of. Its going to take all of us, myself, getting a little more hands-on and coaching these guys, trying to play it out how its going to happen before it actually does. I think thered be some benefit to that.The Red Sox, who still have to go back to St. Petersburg from Sept. 23-25, lead the season series with the Rays 7-6, going 4-2 at Fenway Park.Boston lost two of three to the Royals over the weekend, including a 10-4 setback Sunday night. Kansas City trailed 4-2 entering the sixth inning before erupting for its biggest inning in three years.The Red Sox (72-5 are two games behind the first-place Toronto Blue Jays in the American League East, and they are a game ahead of the Baltimore Orioles for the first AL wild card. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Lucas Torreira Jersey .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. http://www.arsenalsoccerproshop.com/Authentic-Matteo-Guendouzi-Arsenal-Jersey/ . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Ainsley Maitland-Niles Jersey . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Henrikh Mkhitaryan Arsenal Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. The?Chicago White Sox?are not expected to retain Robin Ventura as manager and will replace him with bench coach Rick Renteria, according to multiple reports.The Chicago Sun-Times?was first to report news of the White Soxs intended move.Ventura is completing the final year of a deal that began before the start of the 2012 season.In an odd scene after Chicagos 6-0 loss to the Minnesota Twins on Saturday night, general manager Rick Hahn declined interview requests, and White Sox players claimed they hadnt heard about the report or Venturas status.Weve been over this, Ventura said after the game. Ill talk at the end of the year.Hahn relayed a message through a team spokesman that he would answer questions at a news conference Monday scheduled by the team.You guys are telling me something I havent even heard about, third baseman Todd Frazier said, adding that I love Robin. I love him to death. Hes a gd manager, for sure.Right-hander James Shields, who gave up two-run homers to Byron Buxton and Jorge Polanco to lose his major-league-high-tying 19th game, had high praise for the 49-year-old Ventura.Hes one of the better managers Ive been around, and Ive been around some really gd ones, Shields said. To be honest with you, thats the first time Im hearing this. But Robin is a gd man, a gd manager.Earlier this season, Ventura said he wanted to return in 2017 despite a fourth straaight losing season and five years without a playoff berth.ddddddddddddBut Ventura then backtracked on that statement after USA Today reported Wednesday that the front office wanted to retain him, but Ventura hadnt committed.Ventura sidestepped numerous questions about the issue after the game Saturday and said he hadnt discussed his future with the players.No, I havent talked to them about anything. Were still playing, Ventura said. All the conversations I have with them are about playing.Frazier praised the 54-year-old Renteria, who went 73-89 in one season with the Cubs in 2014. The White Sox hired him before this season.Ricks a great guy, man, Frazier said. Hes bilingual, which is great. Hes been a manager before. But like I said, its not my right to say anything. I havent heard anything, and thats basically up to our brass, so Im not going to get in trouble.Saturdays listless defeat continued a theme of inconsistency surrounding this seasons team, which started 23-10. The White Sox are 55-73 since.I feel bad that I wasnt able to do more for him. I know guys in here feel the same way, catcher Alex Avila said. We were a team that was expected to win coming into spring training, and we didnt do that.The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 141 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen