efully it can carry on for some time ye

in Mitglieder 29.07.2019 08:57
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Jalen Hurd recovered quarterback Joshua Dobbs overtime fumble in the end zone and No. 9 Tennessee overcame a 10-point halftime deficit to escape with a 20-13 victory over Appalachian State on Thursday night.Tennessee faced third-and-goal from the 2 when Dobbs ran to his right and lost control of the ball as he tried to stretch his arms across the goal line. Hurd won the scramble for the lse ball in the end zone to give the Volunteers their only lead of the night.Micah Abernathy ended the game by breaking up a pass into the end zone on fourth-and-5 from the 20.On a night where just about everything and anything went wrong, we found a way to win, Tennessee coach Butch Jones said.Appalachian State nearly pulled off another shocker nine years to the day after the Mountaineers stunned No. 5 Michigan in one of the greatest upsets in college ftball history.Its definitely heartbreaking, said Appalachian States Marcus Cox, who rushed for 115 yards. I feel like we put ourselves in position to win, and we just didnt capitalize when we should have.The Vols tied it on Dobbs 67-yard touchdown pass to Josh Malone with 100 left in regulation. Appalachian States Michael Rubino, who earlier missed an extra point, was wide right on a 42-yard field goal attempt with 5:24 remaining.Rubinos miss wasted a 57-yard punt return by Jaquil Capel that gave Appalachian State the ball at the 28.Tennessee entered the season with its highest ranking since 2006 after winning its final six games last year, but the Volunteers lked nothing like a Top 10 team Thursday. The Volunteers committed two turnovers and lost linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin to a targeting penalty in the first half as Appalachian State built a 13-3 lead.Im never going to apologize for a win, guys, Jones said. I think weve learned around here wins are pretty hard to come by.Cam Sutton fumbled on a punt return and Appalachian States Alex Gray recovered at Tennessees 36 to set up the first touchdown, a 5-yard keeper from Taylor Lamb barely four minutes into the game. Appalachian States other touchdown came in the second quarter on a 33-yard completion from Lamb to Cox.THE TAKEAWAYAppalachian State: The Mountaineers had lost by at least 28 points in each of their six meetings with Power Five teams since that Michigan game, but they showed Thursday that they could compete with college ftballs big-name programs. Appalachian State refused to get pushed around and kept Tennessees offense out of the end zone for the first 49 1/2 minutes.Cox, who has rushed for over 1,200 yards each of the last three years, showed he can run effectively against any team from any conference.Tennessee: The Vols vowed they werent overlking Appalachian State and werent distracted by sky-high preseason expectations, but something was clearly missing Thursday. Tennessee didnt bear any resemblance to the team that ended the 2015 season on a six-game winning streak.The biggest question surrounding Tennessee during the offseason was whether it could add efficiency and explosiveness to its passing attack. That area remains a major concern.UP NEXTAppalachian State: The Mountaineers have their home opener Sept. 10 against Old Dominion. Appalachian State must avoid lking ahead to its Sept. 17 home game with Miami.Tennessee: The Volunteers face Virginia Tech at the Bristol Motor Speedway. The Sept. 10 Battle at Bristol is expected to draw over 150,000 fans, which would mark the largest recorded attendance for a college ftball game. Christian Wilkins Youth Jersey . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Larry Csonka Youth Jersey . -- Hunter Smith scored the winner with just 12 seconds remaining in the third period as the Oshawa Generals edged the host Sarnia Sting 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Mark-clayton-dolphins-jersey/ . Louis Blues teammates who would also be participating in the Olympics, Alex Pietrangelo felt right at home, no different in some ways to the travel experience of any old road trip – save for the length of the journey, that is. Larry Csonka Womens Jersey . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. Custom Miami Dolphins Jerseys . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night.Michael Carrick insists Manchester United CAN win the Premier League title this season. The England midfielder was speaking to Sky Sports ahead of the Super Sunday showdown at Chelsea - a game he believes could spark an unlikely title push in the remaining weeks of the season.United go into the clash 13 points behind Premier League leaders Leicester, but after beating Stoke 3-0 in midweek, Carrick says the squad is capable of putting a run together to challenge for trophies. He told Super Sunday: Sundays a big game for us, of course it is. If we can go there and get the win, it puts us in a gd position.But then we have to go and do it all over again the week after. Its week by week now and we are coming to the time of year where its almost the business end where things are won and lost.We still want to be up there challenging and fighting and giving ourselves every opportunity to still finish on top.Ive been here for a while now and theres been seasons where it hasnt gone so well up until now and you find yourself putting a run together, winning games and you end up having a successful season. Can we win the title? I think we can. I believe we can. Im realistic to understand where we are and the situation. Michael Carrick Thats the focus from now, really. This season almost starts now for us - putting a run together and hopefully ending up with some silverware again.Can we win the title? I think we can. I believe we can. Im realistic to understand where we are and the situation, but as games tick by, if we keep winning then we give ourselves a chance.If we dont keep winning, then the chance falls by the wayside. Its up to us carry on the form weve showed over the last couple of games and build on that. Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal said it is not impossible that Luke Shaw could return from injury before the end of the season. Carrick missed four games in January through injury, but his appearance against Stoke on Tuesday night was the 400th he has made for Manchester United.However, the 34-year-old insisted he has no intention of moving on as he prepares to celebrate a decade at Old Trafford this summer.He added: Its something I can be proud of, to play for this great club for so long and have some success here - but hopefully theres still a llot more to come.ddddddddddddm just trying to enjoy my ftball. Being injured for the last month has been frustrating. At this time of my career, I just want to be out there with the boys playing games and enjoying my ftball. As long as I feel fit and feel I can do a job, well see how it goes.Ive been here for so long and said it so many times, its such a great place to come and work every day. Im lucky to be in this position and dont take that for granted, even after being here for so long. Jamie Redknapp joins Ed Chamberlin to preview Sundays fixtures in the Premier League Hopefully it can carry on for some time yet. I love it here. Ive always said I love it here and thats never changed.Everything comes to an end at some point, especially a ftball career, but you cant set a time on it really. It depends on how your body is and certain circumstances.For me personally, I couldnt set a time on it. Im enjoying it and seeing whats around the corner and lking forward to that.For more from our interview with Michael Carrick, tune in to Super Sunday - Chelsea v Manchester United - from 3.30pm on Sky Sports 1. In late October 2012, Manchester United won 3-2 at Chelsea - and went on to win the Premier League title in Sir Alex Fergusons final season in charge Also See: Redknapp: United need Jose Chelsea v Man Utd preview Tubes meets Smalling Hiddink v Van Gaal ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 68 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen