season. ... Hardy has reached safely in 12 of the pas

in Mitglieder 29.07.2019 08:56
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- When the Los Angeles Rams desperately needed a big play in the final minute of their last two games, the defense delivered it.That knack has the Rams (2-1) off to their best start in the decade despite a litany of concerns about everything from scoring to penalties.The sign of a gd defense is making big plays, Rams safety T.J. McDonald said. Whenever you can come up with a big tackle or a turnover, youve got to do it. You keep pressing, and the gd teams find a way to do it.Los Angeles could need a few more game-changing plays to prosper in its visit to Arizona (1-2) on Sunday for its third NFC West game already this season.The Rams have the NFLs least productive offense through three games after finishing last season at the bottom of the league. Theyve also hurt themselves repeatedly with penalties, ranking among the leagues most frequent offenders with 27 flags for 249 yards.Sure, Los Angeles piled up points last weekend in its 37-32 win over the Buccaneers after managing just nine points in its first two games combined. But the defense was responsible for a big chunk of that outburst: Mark Barrons first-half interception set up one short TD drive, and defensive lineman Ethan Westbrks returned a fumble 77 yards for another score.And when Jameis Winston drove the Bucs into scoring position in the final seconds, Robert Quinn ended the game by chasing down the star quarterback from behind at the Los Angeles 5.A week earlier, middle linebacker Alec Ogletree made the biggest play by recovering a fumble by Seattles Christine Michael in the final minute, killing the Seahawks last drive and securing a win in Los Angeles homecoming game.Rams coach Jeff Fisher would prefer to get some wins that dont come down the final seconds.You take the wins however you can, he said. In a perfect world, youd like to think you dont need to make that play at the end. But thats something you can hang your hat on, and you can always go back and say `Hey, you made plays at the end, so if it comes up again, just go do it. Do what youve done before.Ogletree has been all over the field for the Rams in his first four games as the replacement for franchise tackling leader James Laurinaitis, who signed a free agent contract with New Orleans in March. While he approves of the defenses knack for big plays, Ogletree shares Fishers desire to make things a bit simpler.We gave up almost 400 yards passing last week, Ogletree said of the Bucs 389 yards through the air. Theres a lot of work to do. It feels gd to win, but we know we created a lot of mistakes out there and gave them a lot of opportunities.Ogletree is headed back to the stadium where his 2015 season ended with a broken leg in the Rams fourth game of the year. He has recovered to become a key component of defensive crdinator Gregg Williams scheme.Im not going to go out there thinking, `Oh man, this is where I got hurt, and this is how my season ended last year, Ogletree said. It ended because it ended. I got hurt, and that was the end of it. Its a new year. Im definitely lking forward to going back out there and completing the whole game.---AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL tballramsshop.us/authentic-aaron-donald-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Aaron Donald Rams Jersey . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. tballramsshop.us/authentic-cory-littleton-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Cory Littleton Rams Jersey . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive bst and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and ftball knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. tballramsshop.us/authentic-eric-dickerson-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.ftballramsshop.us/authentic-eric-dickerson-rams-jersey/ . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. tballramsshop.us/authentic-greg-gaines-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Greg Gaines Youth Jersey . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko tk the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. tballramsshop.us/authentic-aaron-donald-rams-jersey/" target="_blank">Aaron Donald Youth Jersey .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. BALTIMORE -- If the Baltimore Orioles can take care of business, they no longer have to worry about watching the scoreboard.Trey Mancini hit his third homer in nine major league at-bats, Mark Trumbo connected for his league-leading 45th homer and Baltimore beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 6-1 on Saturday night.The Orioles pulled a half-game ahead of the Tigers for the ALs second wild card and trail the Toronto Blue Jays by 1 1/2 games for the top spot.Weve got seven games left, Orioles manager Buck Showalter. Well see. Its there for us.Baltimore left-hander Wade Miley (9-13) dominated his former team. He allowed one run and seven hits and tied a career high with 11 strikeouts over 8 2/3 innings. It was Mileys second win in 10 starts since being acquired by the Orioles from Seattle on Aug. 1.We got off to a gd start, Miley said. Put them on their heels a little early. I was just trying to get in, get quick outs and let those guys go back out there and hit. And we scored some runs.Mancini is the third player ever to homer in his first three starts, joining Arizonas Carlos Quentin (2006) and Colorados Trevor Story (2016), according to STATS LLC.It was great to get a win tonight, especially with Detroit falling earlier, Mancini said. We knew it was a big game going in.Baltimore tk a 1-0 lead in the first on a single by Manny Machado off left-hander Robbie Ray (8-14). The Orioles later loaded the bases, but Ray struck out Mancini and got Jonathan Schp to hit into a 1-2-3 double play.Baltimore bsted the lead to 2-0 in the second on a sacrifice fly by J.J. Hardy.Miley retired 12 straight batters before allowing an infielld single to Mitch Haniger in the fifth.ddddddddddddMancini led off the fourth with a towering shot over the center-field wall. A single by Chris Davis added two more runs and ended Rays night after 3 2/3 innings, his shortest outing since April 24.I didnt have my best stuff, Ray said. My command was not where it usually is, so it was just a battle all night. I wasnt able to get my slider over like I usually do, and I was pitching really with my third and fourth pitch.Trumbos solo homer made it 6-0 in the fifth.SHORT HOPSOrioles: Catcher Matt Wieters has batted .355 with six doubles, a triple, two homers and 10 RBI in 19 interleague games this season. ... Hardy has reached safely in 12 of the past 15 games and is batting .396 over that stretch. .. Machado got his 53rd multihit game.TRAINERS RMDiamondbacks: RHP Zack Greinke likely will not pitch again this season even though the results of an MRI did not reveal structural damage to his sore right shoulder. I know we were happy with the MRI results. Its just more swelling in there, manager Chip Hale said.Orioles: RHP Kevin Gausman (oblique soreness) will likely start Tuesday in Toronto. ... LHP Jayson Aquino has recovered from a viral infection and was available out of the bullpen.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: RHP Braden Shipley (4-4, 5.59 ERA) is making his 10th career start. He has given up 12 homers in 11 appearances (59 innings).Orioles: RHP Dylan Bundy (9-6, 4.13 ERA) tries to complete a three-game sweep in his first career game against Arizona. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 66 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen