judges scorecards before rallying to a TKO finish in the fourth ro

in Bewerbung 23.07.2019 13:05
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Whenever Bill Self lks back at the box score from his 207th win at Allen Fieldhouse, one that made him more successful in the building than any other Kansas coach, hell see Tyler Selfs name on it.His son, a senior backup who rarely plays, knocked down his only shot in the game.Now that you mention it, its nice, Self said after the seventh-ranked Jayhawks 86-65 victory over Siena on Friday night. It was nice he got in there and made the shot.The Saints did their best to spoil the party.Marquis Wright hit three straight 3-pointers midway through the second half, and the gritty senior guards three-point play got coach Jimmy Patsos team within 63-58 with about 7 1/2 minutes left.But Lagerald Vick answered with back-to-back baskets for the Jayhawks, kicking off the game-defining 16-2 run. Frank Mason III added a 3-pointer and a couple foul shots, Devonte Graham got into the act and the Jayhawks -- so accustomed to dominating inside -- leaned on their guard play to seal the win.At one point, Mason, Vick and Graham scored 20 straight points for the Jayhawks.Theres a lot of things we could have done better, said Mason, who finished with 18 points.The Jayhawks were just 3 of 12 from beyond the arc, struggled from the foul line and were exposed on the defensive end of the flr, where Siena was able to get to the basket t easily.I didnt think we played very tough, Self said. I didnt think we played very fast. We lked slow defensively. I thought our big guys really struggled early.Graham finished with 13 points and nine assists, and Vick had 12 points off the bench, as the Jayhawks (2-1) extended their winning streak to 42 straight at Allen Fieldhouse.Wright had 25 points, Javion Ogunyemi added 19 and Khalil Richard had 10 for the Saints, who tk advantage of the Jayhawks pr perimeter shting to offset a big rebounding disparity.Theyve got depth, they have inside players. You thought you had them, then their quickness to the ball tk over, said Patsos, who got a primer on playing at Allen Fieldhouse earlier Friday from former Kansas guard and current Maryland coach Mark Turgeon.He asked his wife to marry him out on the flr, Patsos said, and I said, `Yeah, you coming back to play there? And he said, `Hell no! Now I know why.EXHAUSTED JAYHAWKSThe Jayhawks opened the season with an overtime loss to Indiana in Hawaii, then beat top-ranked Duke in New York. They traveled about 12,000 miles for two games in roughly four days, and Self said he could see the weariness in his players during sht-around.We were physically tired, Self said, and our brain told our body we were tired.BIG PICTUREKansas freshman Josh Jackson, whom many believe will be the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, spent most of the night in foul trouble. He was visibly frustrated and wound up with 10 points.Siena could use Lavon Long on the flr. The senior forward, who averaged more than 10 points a game last season, has been suspended for the first three games for violating team rules.RECRUITING WINFive-star prospect Billy Preston announced earlier in the day hell attend Kansas next season. The 6-ft-10 forward from prestigious Oak Hill Academy in Virginia signed his letter of intent this week.I dont think weve ever had the opportunity to coach a taller, more athletic skill player than Billy, Self said. He has guard-type athletic ability and skills.POLL IMPLICATIONSWith their win over the No. 1 Blue Devils and fourth-ranked Oregons lopsided loss to Baylor, lk for the Jayhawks to climb back into the top five, where they began the season.UP NEXTKansas plays UAB in the semifinals of the CBE Classic in Kansas City, Missouri on Monday night.Siena visits reigning Big South champion UNC-Asheville on Sunday.kiestore.com/Redskins-Art-Monk-Jersey/" target="_blank">Art Monk Redskins Jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. kiestore.com/Redskins-Sean-Taylor-Jersey/" target="_blank">Sean Taylor Redskins Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. kiestore.com/Redskins-Bryce-Love-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.redskinsrkiestore.com/Redskins-Bryce-Love-Jersey/ . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. kiestore.com/Redskins-Montez-Sweat-Jersey/" target="_blank">Montez Sweat Womens Jersey . Ronaldo produced a spectacular individual performance on Tuesday, scoring all three goals and guiding Portugal into the next years World Cup in Brazil with a 3-2 victory in Sweden. The Real Madrid forward has scored 66 goals in 2013, but the last three may be the bst he needs to upstage Messi after FIFA unexpectedly extended the voting period for the Ballon dOr to Nov. kiestore.com/Redskins-Dwayne-Haskins-Jersey/" target="_blank">Dwayne Haskins Womens Jersey .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable.A heavyweight matchup between Derrick Lewis and Travis Browne has been targeted for UFC 208 on Feb. 11 in Brklyn, New York.Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Wednesday that both sides have agreed to the matchup. UFC officials have not yet announced the bout. The UFC 208 pay-per-view event will take place inside Barclays Center.Lewis (17-4) is coming off a TKO victory over Shamil Abdurakhimov last week at UFC Fight Night in Albany, New York. The Houston-based heavyweight is on a five-fight win streak, including four finishes.Immediately after his last win, Lewis said he had planned to call out Browne, but he stopped short of doing so due to what he considered a lackluster performance.dddddddddddd Lewis was behind 30-27 on all three judges scorecards before rallying to a TKO finish in the fourth round.Browne (18-5-1) is lking to snap a two-fight skid. He suffered a first-round TKO loss to Cain Velasquez at UFC 200 in July, followed by a decision loss to Fabricio Werdum in September.The 34-year-old trains under striking coach Edmond Tarverdyan at Glendale Fighting Club in Southern California. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 121 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen