d with Colorados Nolan Arenado for most in the National Le

in Bewerbung 23.07.2019 13:04
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- This is the most productive month of Kelly Johnsons career, and Monday was the most productive day. Johnson became the first player in Tampa Bay history to hit two three-run homers in the same game, and the Rays needed them in a 10-6 victory against the Miami Marlins. "Kelly drove the offensive engine today," manager Joe Maddon said. The Rays nearly squandered an early six-run lead, and sent Miami to its sixth straight loss. Johnson, who has 24 RBIs in 21 games this month, also doubled, singled and stole a base. He matched his career highs for RBIs and hits during his eighth multihomer game, and first since May 30, 2011, against the Marlins while with Arizona. "I feel gd and I feel confident," Johnson said. "Youre always searching for something thats going to let you feel confident and you try to just roll with it. It could be daily, weekly. Thats the way baseball is. Im not going to sit here and try to figure it out." Johnson homered off rkie Jose Fernandez (2-3) in a six-run second inning. He then broke open the game by hitting his 10th home run of the season in the eighth against A.J. Ramos. The win made the Rays even with the Marlins at 43-43 in the all-time interleague series. Jake Odorizzi, making his second start for the Rays, gave up eight hits and six runs and couldnt get through the fifth inning to qualify for the win. "Its very frustrating not to be able to get through the fifth inning when the team gets you six runs," he said. "The offence was awesome today, the bullpen was phenomenal. Kelly did an awesome job today. Its just frustrating to know that I wasnt anywhere near my best stuff." Jake McGee (2-2) got the victory after pitching two scoreless innings of relief. The 20-year-old Fernandez, pitching across the bay from where he pitched in high schl in Tampa two years ago, pitched 3 1-3 innings, giving up five hits, three walks and four earned runs while striking out six. After fanning three Rays in the first inning, Fernandez walked the first two batters in the second, then hit Desmond Jennings with a pitch. Jose Molina drove in the first run with a sacrifice fly. Yunel Escobar drove in another run with the Rays first hit, and after Ben Zobrist reached on an error, Johnson made it 6-0 with his home run. "I wasnt nervous. I was a little pumped up. I was trying to do a little t much, maybe," Fernandez said. "Youre going to have rough games and youre going to have gd days. So try to get it more gd than bad." The Marlins, who came into the game with a .221 team batting average, collected 10 hits in the first five innings, including Justin Ruggianos eighth home run. Greg Dobbs had two hits and drove in two runs for the Marlins, who had cut Tampa Bays early six-run margin to one before Johnson hit his second homer. "We never lost the lead. That was important to us," said Maddon, who has seen his starting pitchers and bullpen give away several big leads this season. "Thats the one thing I always try to lk at. Once youve lost the lead or even if it gets tied, that puts it back in their corner a little bit, so I thought Jake (McGee) was really important. "We keep making this way more dramatic than it needs to be," he said. NOTES: Tampa Bay LHP David Price (left triceps strain) resumed playing catch, making 35 throws before the game. ... Marlins manager Mike Redmond said OF Giancarlo Stanton (right hamstring strain) continues hitting and has incorporated light running into his rehab program. ... Miami 1B Logan Morrison (right knee inflammation) is joining Double-A Jacksonville after playing for Class A Jupiter. Marlins INF Donovan Solano (left intercostal strain) is scheduled to start batting practice Tuesday. ... Rays manager Joe Maddon dropped leadoff hitter Desmond Jennings to seventh to "get his plate discipline back." ... The Marlins put RHP Alex Sanabia (right groin) on the 15-day disabled list and recalled LHP Dan Jennings from Triple-A New Orleans.TreDavious White Jersey . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shtout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Ed Oliver Youth Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-Josh-Allen-Bills-Jersey/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Dawson Knox Youth Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Andre Reed Womens Jersey . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division.MILWAUKEE -- The rebuilding Milwaukee Brewers tried to make up for any deficits in talent by staying aggressive, especially on the base paths.Its a tone that manager Craig Counsell wants to maintain as the roster reshaping continues, with more young players expected to arrive at Miller Park in 2017.The Brewers led the majors with 181 stolen bases, 42 more than second-place Cincinnati. Milwaukee was caught stealing a major league-worst 56 times, five more than the Reds.But dont just focus on the statistics.Its the threat to steal that we need to maintain, and that we will continue to maintain, Counsell said on Tuesday at Miller Park. So were always going to push it and be on the edge of that. I think its important, I think its going to be part of who we are.Infielder Jonathan Villar led the majors with 62 stolen bases. But Villar at times tk risks running the bases. Other Brewers did, t, to the teams detriment.According to Counsell, players need to learn lessons now to improve. Counsell and general manager David Stearns are also analyzing young players who might be part of the teams core in the future.We tk a mentality this year of really pushing it, reallly being aggressive, and Im very glad we tk that mentality, said Counsell, who held an end-of-season news conference with Stearns on Tuesday.dddddddddddde explored players limits, and we explored our limits on the bases, and it was necessary ... players have to learn from it, theres no question, Counsell said.The Brewers only figure to get younger, especially if they decide to deal outfielder Ryan Braun. Stearns would only say he would field calls that come in for any player.One player who appears likely to return is first baseman Chris Carter, whose 41 homers were tied with Colorados Nolan Arenado for most in the National League. Carter is eligible for arbitration this offseason.Chris certainly had a wonderful year this year and certainly at this stage we would anticipate him being our first baseman next year, Stearns said.Game notesStearns announced that the teams entire coaching staff would return in 2017. ... Three players elected to become free agents on Tuesday: 3B Will Middlebrks, LHP Sam Freeman and LHP Michael Kirkman. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 145 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen