by the fact the Bayville, New York, native will be

in Bewerbung 18.07.2019 14:51
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Throughout the Tour de France, Australian professional cyclist Richie Porte will be checking in. Here is his third entry, as told to ESPN contributor Rupert Guinness:A Tour de France stage is the last place you would expect to catch up for social chat.But that is what Mondays third stage from Granville to Angers became -- at least until the race hit its straps in the final kilometres, where Mark Cavendish came up trumps again?with his second victory for this years Tour.But it was a long day in the saddle, and the average speed for the 233.5km was 37.260km/h. It was like walking pace; well, not quite but you know what I mean.It was nice to have a change of pace, especially after the problems I had on stage two with the time loss from a flat tyre. But then it was still six hours in the saddle instead of the five or whatever it was meant to be. I hope stage four on Tuesday kicks up a couple of gears; if not, over 237.5km from Saumur to Limoges, it will make for another long day.Today still had its pluses. As I said, it allowed for the first social chat I have had all Tour.It was nice to get back on the road and have a gd day with no dramas like I did on Sunday.So who did I catch up for some gd old chat?For starters, I finally congratulated fellow Aussie Mat Hayman (Orica-BikeExchange) on his Paris-Roubaix win in April -- yes, I know, I am two and a half months late. I also caught up with Mats teammate, Michael Matthews, who messaged me on Sunday after I lost 1 minute 45 seconds with that puncture.I also really appreciated those riders who came up to me to wish me well after Sunday.It was also great to spend time with my American teammate Tejay van Garderen -- just shting the breeze, as they say. It was the first time in this Tour that we have actually got to do that. In the build up to and during the Tour, everyone is so busy thinking about the race that the time to chill out and talk escapes you. Sure, we had that talk in the team bus after Sundays disaster, but, as you might imagine, the md was a tad different then.So where to now? Lets just say, it will be time to switch back on: this is not a holiday. But Im happy for that. With Monday giving me the chance to regroup I am ready for that.We will need to be. If we can get through Tuesdays fourth stage safely, Wednesday marks the first hilly stage of the Tour; the fifth stage from Limoges to Le Lioran is a tough one.We have covered the 216km stage in reconnaissance, and Id say those riders who have not checked out the route are in for a surprise. After an early fourth-category climb, the last 70 kilometres of the stage have three third-category climbs and two second-category ones.So what can we expect? Lets just say there will be none of the chat we had on Monday.William Nylander Maple Leafs Jersey . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Lanny McDonald Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.officialmapleleafsfanstore.com/authentic-john-tavares-maple-leafs-jersey/ . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Wendel Clark Maple Leafs Jersey .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be gd to get back to ftball after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. Kasperi Kapanen Jersey . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- David Harris has been on the field for every Jets game since 2008. The veteran linebackers playing streak is in jeopardy this weekend.Harris is questionable for the season opener Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals because of a shoulder injury.We still need to see, from a strength standpoint, where he is, coach Todd Bowles said Friday. Well be determining that (Saturday) and right up until Sunday morning. Hes going to have to work out and do some things to see if he can play.Harris, entering his 10th year with the Jets, has started 116 straight regular-season games. The last time he missed a start was midway through the 2008 season, when he sat out five games with a groin injury.I hope Im out there Sunday, Harris said, but thats up to coach Bowles.The linebacker said he initially feared he had broken his collarbone when the injury first occurred. He said now its just sore and tight, and acknowledged the injury is up there in terms of the worst his body has felt on a Friday before a game.Bruce Carter is listed as Harris backup, but hes also questionable with an injured shoulder. New York might use first-round pick Darron Lee and backup Julian Stanford at inside linebacker opposite Erin Henderson if Harris or Carter cant go.Rkie Jordan Jenkins, a projected starter at outside linebacker, is doubtful with an injured calf. He said hes feeling better, but likely will be replaced by Mike Catapano..dddddddddddd.Itll hurt, Im not going to lie, Jenkins said of possibly missing his first NFL game. But the thing I like about the pros is there are 15 other games, and then some. So, thats something to lk forward to.Jenkins, a third-round draft pick, was hurt during a training camp practice a few weeks ago when he tk an awkward step.And then I just felt something bad, he said. I thought the worst, but I was just happy it wasnt as bad as I initially thought.Catapano is in line to make his first NFL start, something made extra special by the fact the Bayville, New York, native will be playing at home on the 15th anniversary of 9/11.He played in 15 games with the Chiefs as a rkie in 2013, and three more with the Jets last season before suffering a season-ending ft injury in December. Catapano recovered in time during the winter to make a switch from defensive end to outside linebacker this season.Theres a bunch of different things that I might have to come out and do, Catapano said. Its just becoming more of a Swiss Army knife for this team and being as versatile as possible.Third-string quarterback Bryce Petty (shoulder) and cornerback Darryl Roberts (ft) are out for the opener.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 411 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen