next rankings come out Monday.She

in Spam Area!!! 18.07.2019 05:19
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BEREA, Ohio -- Robert Griffin III has a fractured bone in his left shoulder and will miss at least the next eight games for the Cleveland Browns, the team announced Monday.Griffin was placed on injured reserve; if he is designated as the teams player to return, he could return to practice in six weeks, but he must miss a minimum of eight games. Browns coach Hue Jackson was asked if Griffin is done for the season.No, I think hell be designated for IR, Jackson said. Well get an opportunity to see where he is four weeks from now and go from there.Though surgery is not immediately required on the fractured coracoid bone, the team said Griffins shoulder will not be re-evaluated for three to four weeks. The earliest he could return would be Nov. 10 at Baltimore.Jackson said the team is hopeful surgery will not be needed at all.But I dont think well know until we get an opportunity to evaluate him again, Jackson said.Griffin will wait exactly four weeks before doctors are able to make more determinations about whether he will be able to play again this season, a source told ESPNs Jeff Darlington on Monday.The four-week checkup decides it all, a source said.Griffin posted his feelings on Twitter on Monday afternn:Griffin hurt his left shoulder when he was tackled at the end of a run with 3 minutes, 41 seconds left and the Browns down 22-10 Sunday against the Eagles. Griffin scrambled from his end zone and tk an angle toward the sidelines. Eagles cornerback?Jalen Mills drove into Browns tight end?Gary Barnidge, then bounced off Barnidge and wound up at the sideline right where Griffin was heading out of bounds.Griffin was criticized during his tenure with the Washington Redskins for not protecting himself, and Jackson had demanded he slide or go out of bounds in Cleveland. Jackson said Griffin was trying to go out of bounds on this particular play but the defender bounced off a block and wound up where Griffin was running.It wasnt as if he was trying to take on a defender during a scramble or anything like that, Jackson said. It was just very unfortunate. These things happen in ftball, and well move forward.Griffin said Sunday he did not see Mills and that he was trying to protect himself. Jackson said Mills was out of bounds on the tackle, but it seemed when he and Griffin first made contact that Mills was right on the edge of the sideline.I think [Griffin] was so close to the sideline that you would think you could run out and be OK, Jackson said. I dont think he saw the guy at all until the very last second.The hit was significant, and Griffin was checked on the sideline. At one point, trainers tk Griffins helmet away, but he convinced the medical staff he could return. He went back for the final three plays of the game, handing the ball off three times.Griffin otherwise struggled in the opener, completing 12-of-26 for 190 yards with 0 touchdowns and 1 interception (on a tipped pass). The Browns had three drops and one bobbled catch, but 102 of Griffins yards came on two deep passes. On other throws, he was 10-for-24 for 88 yards.Griffins injury puts Josh McCown back on the field. The Browns kept the 37-year-old McCown for this insurance. Griffin has had injuries throughout his NFL career, and when he runs, the risk increases.Jackson said the Browns initially will go with the guys they have -- McCown and rkie Cody Kessler, with rkie Kevin Hogan of Stanford on the practice squad. Jackson quipped that his experience in Oakland in 2011, when he lost Jason Campbell taught him not to make a trade. That was the season the Raiders gave up first- and second-round picks for Carson Palmer, a trade that did not out well for them.Cleveland will face Baltimore in Week 2 on Sunday.McCown faced the Ravens twice last season, throwing for 457 yards in an overtime win in Baltimore and then completing 21-for-28 before breaking his collarbone in the infamous Kick Six game in Cleveland.I think you have to have quarterbacks on your ftball team that can play, Jackson said. Thats why we keep Josh here because he knows how to play and hes been in this league and understands our offense and what were trying to accomplish.Its unfortunate that this happened to Robert, but it is comforting to know that we have a guy that has played in NFL games and knows how to manage games and play the game and play within our system.Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins feels bad for Griffin but knows the team must move on.Super unfortunate. Its hard to take that fight out of an athlete that made his name being that type of competitor, he said of Griffin. Going forward we will have full confidence in what Josh brings to the table. Hes really been one of the leaders on our ftball team and we dont anticipate a drop-off.Information from ESPNs Josina Anderson was used in this report. Dwight Howard Magic Jersey . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shting four times through a dr in his bathrm. D.J. Augustin Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. http://www.magicauthentic.com/kids-vince-carter-magic-jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Jonathan Isaac Magic Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Tracy Mcgrady Magic Jersey . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. NEW YORK -- About to contest her third Grand Slam final of the year, Angelique Kerber couldnt help but hear the part of player introductions when she was announced to the crowd as sn-to-be No. 1 in the rankings.It still sounds a little bit crazy, Kerber said a few hours later, the U.S. Open trophy by her side.Yet its also starting to feel real, she added. And deserved.Especially after Kerber rallied from down a break in the third set Saturday to edge Karolina Pliskova and clinch her second major title of 2016.The Australian Open back in January was where Kerber not only made her first Grand Slam final but won her first championship. But this U.S. Open may prove to be where the 28-year-old Kerber started to find herself comfortable with all those accolades.That it would happen at Flushing Meadows is fitting. Shell always remember the 2011 U.S. Open as the turnaround of her career.She came into the tournament ranked 92nd, never having advanced past the third around at a major. That season, Kerber had lost her opening match at five straight events during one stretch and 10 times overall -- including the years first three Grand Slams.I was just telling myself, `OK, just win a few rounds, and then you can get main draw in Australia, she recalled.Instead, she reached the semifinals, where she fell in three sets to eventual champion Sam Stosur. Kerber embraced the big stadiums, the boisterous crowds, the notion she belonged on those stages.It started growing, she said, a smile spreading across her face, and now I am here as the champion.Not that everything went smthly those five years in between. Kerber made another semifinal at Wimbledon the following summer then didnt get back that far at a Grand Slam until this years Australian Open.And that run in Melbourne almost never happened. Kerber was on the verge of being swept out of the tournament in straight sets in the first round against 64th-ranked Misaki Doi.Kerber still remembers how she saved the match point -- with a serve out wide that forced Doi to miss a forehhand.ddddddddddddAfter that, everything starts this year, Kerber said. That was a really special match.She went on to stun Serena Williams in the final, though that achievement wasnt easy to handle at first. In her next major, Kerber lost in the first round to 58th-ranked Kiki Bertens at the French Open.I had so much pressure on my shoulders, Kerber said. I told myself, `OK, I will try to enjoy it now. And not going out there with the pressure, with the expectations that everybody say, `OK, now you have to win every tournament.She made another final at Wimbledon, playing well but losing the rematch with Williams because, as Kerber put it, Serena was the better player on this day.She lost the Olympic gold-medal match to 34th-ranked Monica Puig then fell to Pliskova in the Cincinnati final when a victory would have clinched the No. 1 ranking.Kerber spent two weeks at Flushing Meadows listening to -- and trying to block out -- questions about another opportunity to overtake Williams for the top spot.In the end, when Pliskova upset Williams in the semifinals, Kerber was guaranteed to be No. 1 when the next rankings come out Monday.She felt a sense of calm going into Saturdays title match unlike her experiences at the Australian Open or Wimbledon. She explained that her confidence came from knowing exactly what will happen after the final, win or lose, so she could just go out there and play.Afterward, Kerber thought back to her greatest weakness when she was a teenager aspiring to Grand Slam titles and No. 1 rankings: My fitness was the worst, she said, laughing.She faded in three-set matches. Wilted in the heat. Moved sluggishly around the court.No one watching her Saturday could have ever imagined that. There was Kerber running down every shot, lking fresh in a decisive set played in stifling humidity.Ten years later, Kerber said, my fitness is the best, and I can move forever on court. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 192 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen