the worst skid of his career. The 38-year-old h

in Bewerbung 17.07.2019 13:47
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- A hard crash with 10 laps remaining in the Ford EcoBst 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway crumpled up?Carl Edwards Toyota as badly as his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship hopes.It also paved the way for Jimmie Johnson to claim his record-tying seventh Cup series title.Running second late in Sundays race, Edwards aggressively moved to block?Joey Loganos Team Penske Ford on a Lap 257 restart, only for the two cars to make contact as they speared toward the inside wall on the approach to Turn 1.Logano slowed but regained control of his car and continued with minor damage, while Edwards car shot backward up the track to be knocked slightly airborne by?Kasey Kahnes Chevrolet.Six other cars were swept in, including Martin Truex Jr.s Toyota, which briefly caught fire. None of the drivers were injured.The race was red-flagged for 31 minutes and 9 seconds.Edwards immediately radioed his crew to take responsibility for the accident, saying, Thats 100 percent on me.Edwards also stopped at Loganos pit to apologize to crew chief Todd Gordon and the No. 22 team.I just pushed the issue as far as I could because I figured that was the race there, Edwards said of the pivotal restart. Joey just timed it perfectly, he moved down. I was probably a little optimistic, but I thought I could clear him or force him to lift.I just thought I had just a little more time, but he drove down as far as a guy could be expected to drive down, and thats how it ended.Edwards was classified 34th, last among the four championship contenders in the Homestead race. Logano, meanwhile, pitted for repairs and fresh tires and quickly tore through the field from eighth place to third on the subsequent restart, only for the caution flag to fly again.Logano was not positioned well for the final restart, and he finished the race in fourth place, second in the championship to Johnson. Kyle Busch, the remaining title contender, ended up sixth in the race and third in championship.Anytime you put so much on the line and you have a late-race restart, you know its gonna get crazy. Then you add two or three [restarts] on top of that and its gonna get crazier, Logano remarked.I understand why he had to throw that block, and he understands why I had to make the move, because that was for the win, Logano added. Its the only move I had, and Im not going to lk back at it and second-guess that move. That was the only play I had.Despite the damaged car, Logano still had a shot at winning the race and the championship thanks to quick work by his pit crew. But once out front, Johnson drove away to a relatively unchallenged victory.We just came up a little bit short, and it hurts, Logano said. When Carl and I got into each other there, it just pretty much parted the seas for the 48 [Johnson] to run through there and gain a couple spots and put himself in position to win.He was in the right place at the right time, and that was gd for him.kiestore.com/Eagles-Seth-Joyner-Jersey/" target="_blank">Seth Joyner Youth Jersey . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. kiestore.com/Eagles-Jerome-Brown-Jersey/" target="_blank">Jerome Brown Eagles Jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. kiestore.com/Eagles-Chuck-Bednarik-Jersey/" target="_blank">http://www.eaglesrkiestore.com/Eagles-Chuck-Bednarik-Jersey/ . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. kiestore.com/Eagles-Mike-Quick-Jersey/" target="_blank">Mike Quick Womens Jersey .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. kiestore.com/Eagles-Wes-Hopkins-Jersey/" target="_blank">Wes Hopkins Youth Jersey . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said.A middleweight fight between Hector Lombard and Brad Tavares has been added to a UFC Fight Night on Jan. 28 in Denver.The fight, which officials announced Friday, is one of two bouts currently scheduled for the event, which will take place at the Pepsi Center.Lombard (34-6-1) will lk to snap out of the worst skid of his career. The 38-year-old has not recorded an official win since March 2014.He initially had his hand raised in a January 2015 fight against Josh Burkman, but that result was changed to a no-contest when Lombard failed his fight-night drug test and was subsequentlly suspended for one year.dddddddddddd In his last fight, at UFC 199 in June, he suffered a second-round knockout loss to Dan Henderson.Tavares (14-4) is coming off a split-decision win over Caio Magalhaes in September but is just 2-3 in his past five overall. Before that stretch, he had put together a five-fight win streak.The UFC has not yet announced a main event for the card. It will mark the promotions first trip to Colorado since February 2015. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 212 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen