season games, saying that tells you [the injury] is not that serious

in Spam Area!!! 17.07.2019 12:27
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Washington general manager Mike Rizzo got into a shouting match with second-base umpire Jim Joyce in the hallway between clubhouses after the final out of the?New York Mets 9-7 win over the visiting?Nationals on Thursday night.It followed the Nationals attempt to rally in the ninth inning, which was thwarted when Jayson Werth was called for an illegal takeout slide at second base.You blew it, Rizzo said on his way to the Nationals clubhouse as he passed the umpire crew, which included Joyce, according to the New York Daily News.The call was upheld following a replay review, giving the Mets a double play after shortstop?Asdrubal Cabrera had made a diving stop of Daniel Murphys sharp grounder.Werth also had an aggressive slide into second earlier in the game, but the Mets chose not to challenge the call.Rizzo and Joyce then had to be restrained by Citi Field security and the other umpires, according to the Daily News report. Among their heated words, Joyce shouted to Rizzo to identify himself, which the Nats executive loudly obliged.I dont need it out there either. You want to yell? Yell, Rizzo said, according to the Daily News. Im right here.Youre the one that came up and talked to me, Joyce reportedly replied.Nationals manager Dusty Baker said the guidelines regarding slides into second base were tenuous.I know Ive been told four or five different things from different crews about the rules, and last time, I was told it was going to be a common-sense-type thing, Baker said. I dont know how you teach young players now to break up a double play, because theres no such thing as breaking up a double play.Werth deadpanned that the play resulted in two outs before reflecting similar thoughts to Bakers.Well, I was out. So was the guy at first, I guess, Werth said, according to the Daily News. Big spot in the game there. I dont know. Its challenging because I feel like on some level, I had the same slide earlier in the game. I talked to Marvin Hudson, the third-base umpire, and we talked about the slide rule. It seems like everybodys got a different take on it. It seems like its inconsistent.To me, thats a clean slide. Its been a clean slide for over 100 years. There was no spikes involved. I was down early. If the rule is you cant make contact, then Major League Baseball needs to clarify that. Right now, I think its up to interpretation.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Jerseys NFL Cheap . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. http://www.wholesalejerseysnfl.net/ . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Wholesale China Jerseys . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Wholesale Adidas Hockey Jerseys . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shtout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. LA Clippers star point guard Chris Paul has a sprained left thumb and missed practice Sunday, but the team doesnt believe the injury is serious.Clippers coach Doc Rivers told reporters Sunday that Paul will miss one of L.A.s remaining two preseason games, saying that tells you [the injury] is not that serious.Paul suffered the injury during Saturdays practice when he banged his hand, according to Rivers.Nothing broke of anything like that, but well wait and see, Rivers said.The Clippers close out their preseason schedule witth road games against the Utah Jazz on Monday and the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday.dddddddddddd Rivers was uncertain which of the two games Paul will play in.Paul, 31, broke a bone in his right hand during the Clippers playoff series against the Portland Trail Blazers and underwent surgery. The nine-time All-Star is expected to be ready for the Clippers regular-season opener at Portland on Oct. 27. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 196 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen