Triplet giant pandas celebra

in Mitglieder 17.07.2019 03:39
von DMT | 401 Beiträge

NAIROBI, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) -- Kenya's Ishhimael Chemtan said Tuesday he will go out at full throttle to win the Toronto marathon on Oct. 16 to prove his critics he deserved the narrow win in last year's event.

But the winner has not forgotten it was less than a second that separated him from Gilbert Kirwa earning victory in 2:09:00. The two will face each other again next month.

"I remember it was very cold during the 2015 race," said Chemtan after his training in Iten. "My shape and preparation is better than last year. My best time is 2:08:20 and I believe I will be able to run better this year. I am lking to run under 2:08."

Clearly, he has the ability to run much faster, having beaten athletes with superior personal best times over the years. Kirwa, for instance, has run 2:06:14. In April this year, Chemtan finished second at the Milan Marathon, setting that 2:08:20 personal best.

Both Chemtan and Kirwa have been preparing to do battle on the streets of Canada's largest city with the latter eager to turn the tables after coming so close a year ago. Losing in a sprint was more than just a matter of pride.

"This year I am prepared well and I hope for a gd performance," said Kirwa. "I also see this year that there is a strong field in Toronto. If we can work together, with my competitors, I am convinced that we can run faster than last year. More so if the weather will be gd and favourable then it will contribute to faster times."

"My expectation is to run gd and go for the course record in Toronto [2:07:05]. Training is going well and I tested myself in the Tilburg 10miles race in the Netherlands. I am in the right shape for Toronto."

Kirwa finished fourth in Tilburg with a time of 45:40 and that is certainly an indication he is ready to duel with his compatriot again. The prize purse is a great attraction as he lks after his four brothers and three sisters.

As the Toronto race approaches, he will focus even more on getting as much rest as possible between training sessions. The course record would be a handsome reward for Kirwa and his rivals.

There is a 35,000-US-dollar course record bonus that escalates to 50,000 dollars if the time is faster than 2:06:00.

The existing record of 2:07:05 has been held by Ethiopia's Deressa Chimsa since 2013. It has withstd the challenge of some excellent distance runners since then. Enditem

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders addresses a daily briefing regarding White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci at the White House in Washington D.C. sa-tri-9.html" target="_blank">Asics Gel Nsa Tri 9 Baratas , United States, on July 31, 2017. The White House confirmed Anthony Scaramucci will be leaving his role as White House communications director on Monday Asics Gel Nimbus 19 Baratas , after multiple U.S. media reported his removal from the position. (XinhuaTing Shen)

WASHINGTON, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- Anthony Scaramucci was removed as the White House communications director on Monday, just 11 days after he assumed the role.

Scaramucci was leaving because he "felt it was best to give Chief of Staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team Asics Gel Nimbus 17 Baratas ," said a statement from White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Sanders said in a press conference Monday afternn that Trump believes that Scaramucci's off-color remarks to a New Yorker interview were "inappropriate."

In the interview with the New Yorker magazine last week, Scaramucci attacked then-White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon in profanity-laden terms.

Sanders said Kelly will have "full authority to carry out businesses he sees fit" to bring "new structure, discipline and strength to the White House Asics Gel Mai Baratas ," adding that Scaramucci "does not have a role at this time in the Trump administration."

On July 21, Scaramucci, the former Wall Street financier who lacked a traditional communications background Asics Gel Lyte V Baratas , was named White House communications director, a move that promoted the resignation of Sean Spicer, the former press secretary Asics Gel Lyte III Baratas , and Reince Priebus, Kelly's predecessor.

"If we have a little bit of friction inside the White House as a result of that, it's OK. We can all live with that. I'm a businessperson. I'm used to dealing with friction Asics Gel Lique Baratas ," Scaramucci said after Spicer resigned.

Scaramucci's removal tk place on the first day of work for Trump's new chief of staff, retired Marine Corps General John Kelly.

But Trump refused to admit a chaotic scene by tweeting "NO WH chaos!", only hours before the announcement about Scaramucci.

Scaramucci was a critical fundraiser who helped Trump defeat Hillary Clinton in last year's election.

Scaramucci joined the White House directly from a job on Wall Street Asics Gel Kinsei 6 Baratas , where he is well-known as a hedge fund manager.

Military parade held to mark PLA 90th birthday (Part I)

SWAT team members take part in drill

Acrobatic show staged in China's Xinjiang

Martial arts competition held in China's Henan

Int'l Army Games 2017 held in NW China

Triplet giant pandas celebrate 3rd birthday in S China's Guangzhou

Annual maximum peak of Hukou Waterfall seen due to heavy rainfall

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 59 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen