e second quarter.Zuerlein tied it at 6 with 20 second

in Mitglieder 02.07.2019 10:01
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- First-round draft pick Karl Josephs debut on defense is coming three weeks later than he had hoped and maybe a few weeks earlier than the Raiders planned.With Oaklands pass defense still stinging after back-to-back thumpings by Drew Brees and Matt Ryan, coach Jack Del Rio is open to seeing what Joseph can do.Im excited to see him play, Del Rio said Friday. I know hes excited to get a chance to play. We plan on playing him. Hes had a really gd week of practice. I feel like weve had a gd solid week of preparation and were excited to go play.Joseph has not played at all on defense this season. His 16 plays of experience have come on special teams, a notable change from the preseason and in training camp when the 14th-overall pick in this years draft lined up with the starters.Keith McGill, a converted cornerback who was buried on the depth chart, was the surprising starter in Oaklands season-opening win over New Orleans and against last week in the home loss to Atlanta.Although Del Rio declined to say who would start against the Titans, Joseph and McGill split reps at practice this week in anticipation of both playing.My mindset is just to stay ready, Joseph said this week. Im just going to stay ready so whenever I make my opportunity, Im going to make the best of it. Im hungry. I want to be out there. It hurt me to not be out there.Del Rio, who earlier this week sounded regretful for not having played Joseph on defense against the Falcons, said the first-round pick benefited from being on the sidelines through the first two games.(It) gave him a chance to see from that perspective and grow as a young player, maybe catch up on some of the time that we didnt have during the offseason when he wasnt able to go as much, Del Rio said. What Im most impressed with is his attitude has been great. He works hard. Hes conscientious. Hes got some explosive abilities as a ftball player. I feel gd about the way hes preparing.The Raiders head into Sundays game against the Titans with the top-ranked offense. Oakland is also third in scoring, fourth in red zone efficiency and third in rushing.Yet much of that has gotten overlked because of the problems the team has had defensively , something Del Rio hopes to change by shaking up the defense.The Raiders are also expected to start sixth-round draft pick Cory James at middle linebacker in place of Ben Heeney.Game notes Backup offensive lineman Austin Howard (ankle) remained out of practice and will not play in Tennessee. Backup right tackle Matt McCants (knee) is also out. . Cornerback David Amerson (concussion), center Rodney Hudson (knee), right guard Gabe Jackson (knee), kick returner Taiwan Jones (knee), defensive tackle Darius Latham (concussion) and defensive lineman Jihad Ward (hip) are all probable.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Quentin Poling Jersey . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Torry McTyer Jersey . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. http://www.wholesaledolphinsjerseys.com/?tag=youth-aaron-monteiro-jersey . JOHNS, N. Dewayne Hendrix Jersey . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strtman. John Denney Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Alec Ogletree saw the ftball zipping his way and knew he needed to get his hands on it.The Los Angeles linebacker intercepted Bryce Petty with just under two minutes left, lifting the Rams to a 9-6 victory over the New York Jets in a snzer Sunday.Petty made his first NFL start in place of an injured Ryan Fitzpatrick, but couldnt get much going against the Rams defense.After getting the ball with 2:55 remaining and down by three, Petty tried to lead the Jets (3-7) down the field. But on second-and-7 from the 42, Pettys pass to Quincy Enunwa was picked off by Ogletree, who tk it out of the receivers hands and Enunwa then tried to wrestle it away from the linebacker to no avail.I had that area of zone and I was playing the receiver, Ogletree said. I saw him throw the ball. We kind of tied up and I was able to rip it out from him and make the play.Greg Zuerlein kicked three field goals, including a go-ahead 34-yarder with 6:52 left, helping the Rams (4-5) snap a four-game losing streak and avoid their first five-game skid since Weeks 9-13 last season.We had to fight and scrap all the way to the end, Ogletree said. Thats what it takes to win and I was right there to make the play. We really couldnt get on the plane without winning here.The game featured 15 punts -- eight by the Jets and seven by the Rams -- as neither offense were the models of efficiency or excitement. New York finished with 296 yards of total offense, while the Rams had 280.Petty, a fourth-round draft pick out of Baylor last year, went 19 of 32 for 163 yards with a touchdown and the loss-sealing interception.Im not going to let this define my career, Petty said. Im not going to let this define me.Fitzpatrick was listed as questionable with a sprained left knee , suffered last weekend at Miami. Coach Todd Bowles said throughout the week that Fitzpatrick would remain the starter for Sundays game -- as long as he was healthy enough to play.After the game, Bowles said Fitzpatrick wasnt completely healthy. The two split first-team snaps during practice all week.Fitzpatrick was active for the game and served as Pettys backup, while rkie Christian Hackenberg was inactive. Bowles would not commit to who his starter would be in the Jets next game against New England in two weeeks.dddddddddddd.While Rams fans have been clamoring for No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff to play, Case Keenum went a ho-hum 17 of 30 for 165 yards, but had no turnovers after throwing eight interceptions in his previous four games.No, Im not going into the quarterback situation, coach Jeff Fisher said. As I said, I dont believe its the quarterback play. Collectively, were just making mistakes here and there.Petty drove the Jets 99 yards on the teams second possession, finishing with his first NFL TD pass with a little razzle-dazzle on a toss to Brandon Marshall, who flipped it to Bilal Powell for a 4-yard score.Nick Folk was wide left on the extra point, his second miss of the season, leaving New York with a 6-3 lead early in the second quarter.Zuerlein tied it at 6 with 20 seconds left in the third quarter with a 38-yard field goal.I thought Case did a nice job, Fisher said. We didnt get the ball in the end zone, but he scrambled and picked up some key first downs and kept drives alive. Thats what you have to do against a defense like this.SO CLOSEPetty misfired on a long pass on third-and-14 from the Rams 32 that couldve been an easy touchdown in the closing minute of the first half, slightly overthrowing Robby Anderson, who was wide open but had to reach high as the ball tipped off his hand.GURLEY STILL GROUNDEDTodd Gurley, last seasons Offensive Rkie of Year, still has yet to run for 100 yards in a game this season after rushing for 125 or more five times last season. He finished with 64 yards on 21 carries. Gurleys longest run of the season, 21 yards in the fourth quarter, was wiped out by Greg Robinsons holding penalty.FIELD FLIPPERWith the Rams pinned at their 17 on fourth-and-1 early in the fourth quarter, Johnny Hekker blasted a 78-yard punt that had returner Jalin Marshall fielding as if he were catching a pass. After a 10-yard return by Marshall, the Jets had the ball at their 15 -- and went three-and-out. It was the fourth-longest punt in franchise history.UP NEXTRams: vs. Miami next Sunday.Jets: bye week. Next game vs. New England, Nov. 27.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org an

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 214 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen