member Texas College 73-45 on Wednesday.Brice, a sophomo

in Laberecke 21.06.2019 08:20
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

While Australians have agonised over umpiring decisions, including the one Aleem Dar made against Steven Smith in the first innings of the Perth Test, South Africas new spinner Keshav Maharaj cant complain. He claimed his first Test wicket as a result of that lbw call that sent Smith on his way for a duck.Smith, who had advanced down the track, missed his flick and was struck on the pad, and reviewed the on-field decision immediately after Dar raised the finger. Replays showed that even though he had come 2.8 metres down the track, the ball was hitting the edge of leg stump. Under DRS rules, both old and new, Smith was dmed, for an on-field out decision would only have been overturned had the ball been missing completely.Steve Waugh called it a brave decision, but Shane Warne labelled it a bad decision, given how tight it was. Maharaj himself did not comment on the quality of Dars call, but was pleased it went his way. It lked pretty straight to me and obviously any bowler that hits the pads is going to appeal if he thinks there is half a positive thats going to come out of it, Maharaj said. Fortunately it went in my favour.Asked whether he thought the new DRS laws were gd for the game, Maharaj gave the answer most bowlers would under the circumstances. Bowlers also need a chance, he said. Bats are getting bigger. Fields are getting smaller. Its nice to have something swing your way.That Smith was the man dismissed only made the something a little sweeter for Maharaj. My first Test wicket is a critical moment in my career, he said. Having someone of his calibre as my scalp is very special to me.Wicket-taking is not necessarily something Maharaj can get used to because he understands his role to be more in the Paul Harris holding mould, especially in current conditions. I did have a chat with Harro before I got here and he had a few thoughts about bowling in Australian conditions, Maharaj said. Im trying to replicate what he did because he was one of the most successful spinners for South Africa.He said your job here is to rest the fast bowlers because conditions are in their favour rather than yours, and you will pick up a few wickets along the way. So try and stop the game from one end and let them strike.That is the way Maharaj operated in Perth, despite the inevitable first-match butterflies, which he were well hidden. I was very nervous on the first day, he said. I didnt know what to expect. Its very intense. For five days youre focused on every ball. The only breaks you get is lunch and tea. Its a proper gentlemans game and a proper mans game and a test of character.Bigger tests are sure to come but Maharaj is expecting them, and preparing to meet them as he did in his first Test. Im a spinner. Im allowed to get hit now and then, he joked. Im just fortunate that my first Test worked out in my favour. Australias not known as a country where the ball turns a lot so Im just going to stick to my game plan and hopefully thats more than enough to help the team. Karl-Anthony Towns Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Jimmy Butler Jersey .Y. - Detroit goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has earned NHL first star of the week honours after winning in his first three appearances of the season. http://www.cheaptimberwolvesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-andrew-wiggins-jersey . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Wholesale Timberwolves Jerseys . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and tk the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. DENTON, Texas -- Deckie Johnson scored 19 points, Rickey Brice Jr. had 15 points and 10 rebounds, and North Texas beat NAIA-member Texas College 73-45 on Wednesday.Brice, a sophomore, had his second double-double of his career.Texas College had a one-point lead midway through the first half but the Mean Green scored the next seven, including Johnsons 3-pointer, and the Steers never led again.North Texas was up 31-23 at halftime and went on a 16-1 run over a seven-minute span in the second half to extend its lead to 66-36.Shane Temara addded 14 points and Allante Holston grabbed 10 rebounds for North Texas (4-3).ddddddddddddNathaniel Francis had 13 points and eight rebounds for Texas College. Demarcus Bowie added 11 points but the two starters were just 9-of-28 shting. The Steers went to the free-throw line just six times compared to the Mean Greens 23 attempts.North Texas beat Texas College in their first meeting, 110-61, on Nov. 16, 2015. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 212 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen