. He ranks second on the team with 14

in Spam Area!!! 20.06.2019 10:17
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Three decades ago, as Todd Bowles was winding up his final season as a defensive back at Temple, his young coach Bruce Arians had some advice.I actually told him: `I dont think youre going to be making it in the pros. You might want to start coaching, Arians recalled. He only played for about 11 years and got two Super Bowl rings.Actually, it was one Super Bowl ring in eight NFL seasons, but obviously, Bowles didnt take the advice.I had a broken wrist at the time and I couldnt do a pushup, he said. They told me Id have arthritis later on in life, and he was just being honest with me. At the time, I was t immature to probably realize he was being honest with me, but I realized that later on in life. But, I was hard-headed and wanted to play anyway.The two men grew to be great friends.It went from father-son to uncle-nephew to were almost like brothers now, Bowles said. Anything that he can help me with, he does. Anything I can help him with, I do. ... He taught me so much in life and in ftball. Words cant describe how I feel about him.The two will be on opposite sides of the field Monday night, when Bowles New York Jets face Arians Arizona Cardinals.Bowles was a team captain at Temple, one of the smartest players Ive ever seen, Arians said, and he seemed destined to be a coach.You knew right away because of the type of person he was and the type of player he was, Arians said, if and when he decided to coach, hed be a hell of a coach.Back in 1986, Bowles went undrafted, signed with the Washington Redskins, and played seven seasons there.Then came the coaching.Both men climbed through the ranks.Arians served as an assistant coach for 37 years. He was offensive crdinator with the Indianapolis Colts in 2013 when Chuck Pagano contracted leukemia and had to leave the team. Arians tk over as interim coach, directed the Colts to an 8-2 record to become NFL Coach of the Year. At age 60, he was hired as head coach of the Cardinals.His first hire was Bowles as defensive crdinator.Bowles had come up the hard way, t. He spent two years in Green Bays player personnel department, had defensive crdinator gigs with Morehouse College and Grambling State before going to the NFL as defensive backs coach of the Jets in 2000.He and Arians were together on the staff of the Cleveland Browns for three seasons. From there, Arians went to the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he won two Super Bowl rings, before being forced out of the offensive crdinators job and going to Indianapolis.Bowles moved on to Dallas and Miami, where he served as interim head coach after the Dolphins fired Tony Sparano with three games left in the season.When Arians was hired in Arizona, Bowles was coming off a difficult season on Andy Reids staff in Philadelphia. Bowles began the year as secondary coach and was promoted to defensive crdinator when Juan Castillo was fired six games into the season. The Eagles finished 4-12 and Reid and his staff were out, just in time for Bowles to join his old friend and mentor in the desert.While Arians concentrated on the offense, Bowles tk over the defense. He built an aggressive, blitzing unit and established a reputation for making the right adjustments at halftime.Arians was elated when Bowles got the Jets job.I take great pride in that phase of raising young coaches, Arians said. With the help of (Cardinals President) Michael (Bidwill), weve been able to start the Bidwill Fellowship program. Watching Daylon McCutcheon and Marcel Shipp (now Jets assistants) come here as interns and get full-time jobs.Bowles went to New York and the Jets were 10-6 in 2015, narrowly missing the playoffs. Arians Cardinals were 13-3 and made it to the NFC championship game.This year. both have had problems. The Jets are 1-4 and Arizona, expected to be a Super Bowl contender, is 2-3.Through it all, Bowles and Arians have kept in contact, mostly in the offseason, when Bowles has visited Arians lakeside retreat in Georgia. During the season, they still stay in touch.Well text back and forth, Arians said. Our wives talk more than we do, but Ill text him every other week or before games.The Jets slow start has put some pressure on Bowles in the media glare of New York. Bowles can take it, Arians said.Hes a Jersey guy and a Philly guy, Arians said. He doesnt get any tougher.---AP Sports Writer Dennis Waszak Jr. contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they lked comfortable. Cheap Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. http://www.cheaphurricanesjerseys.com/ . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys China .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Wholesale Hurricanes Jerseys . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. ATLANTA -- Andrelton Simmons and the Braves havent said much about last years NL wild-card loss to the Cardinals. Beating the Cardinals in July wont make up for that playoff defeat. But Simmons said its a start. Simmons hit a two-run double in the eighth inning and the Braves, bsted by Julio Teherans sharp outing, beat the Cardinals 2-0 Saturday in a matchup of NL division leaders. The Braves have won the first two games of the first series between the teams this season. The Cardinals beat the Braves 6-3 at Turner Field in last seasons wild-card game. "Theyre a great team," said Simmons of the Cardinals. "They got us last year in a pretty big game. We owe them some. Its gd to see this team beating them." Teheran allowed two hits in seven innings, striking out six and walking one. Simmons bases-loaded, two-out double came on a 99 mph fastball from Trevor Rosenthal. With the count at 2-1, Simmons was lking for a fastball. "I know he was behind in the count and I know hes comfortable with his fastball," Simmons said. "He throws pretty hard. I was ready for it. ... I was just lking for something over the plate and he threw it somewhere I could reach it." Randy Choate (1-1) walked Freddie Freeman to open the eighth. Evan Gattis struck out and Brian McCann singled. Rosenthal relieved and struck out Dan Uggla before walking Chris Johnson to load the bases. Luis Avilan (3-0) pitched a perfect eighth and Craig Kimbrel recorded three outs to earn his 30th save. Cardinals starter Joe Kelly pitched 6 1-3 scoreless innings, allowing seven hits and walking three in only his fourth start of the season and first appearance since July 12. "Very, very impressive," said Cardinals manager Mike Matheny. "It was maybe the best Ive ever seen him throw. Everything. His aggressiveness, his slider, breaking ball, changeup, all of them were as gd as Ive seen. "That was exactly what we were asking for, and then some." Kelly may have earned himself another opportunity as the Cardinals No. 5 starter. "I like pitching, period," he said. "t;To be in the rotation would be awesome but I just take the ball when they tell me and take the opportunity when I get out there.dddddddddddd "Im pitching right now in the moment. I feel like my stuff is there, in the zone." Kelly matched Teheran through the sixth before finding trouble in the seventh. With one out, Simmons singled and moved to third on pinch-hitter Joey Terdoslavichs soft double to the left-centre gap. Kelly issued an intentional walk to Jason Heyward to load the bases. Right-hander Michael Maness replaced Kelly and got Justin Upton to ground into an inning-ending double play. Teheran allowed a two-out double to Matt Holliday in the first and then walked Allen Craig. The right-hander permitted only one baserunner -- Jon Jay doubled in the fifth -- through the next six innings. "I think thats the best game Ive ever pitched," Teheran said. "The command I had today, I think thats the best Ive had this year." Holliday was activated off the 15-day disabled list before the game. He had been out since July 12 with a strained right hamstring. Simmons hit eighth as Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez juggled his lineup. Heyward hit leadoff for only the second game this season. Upton, normally the No. 3 hitter, batted second for the first time in 2013. Simmons had two hits. He ranks second on the team with 14 go-ahead RBIs, but said he was overdue to deliver the clutch hit. "I know Ive been struggling with runners in scoring position this year," Simmons said. "Ive been trying, but its nice to see results." NOTES: With two hits and a walk, Johnson is hitting .332 to tie the Cardinals Yadier Molina for the NL lead. Molina was 0 for 3. ... The Cardinals optioned OF-1B Brock Peterson to Triple-A Memphis to clear a roster spot for Holliday. ... Gonzalez said he is 95 per cent certain RHP Brandon Beachy, returning from elbow ligament-replacement surgery in June 2012, will come off the DL to start Monday nights game against Colorado. ... The three-game series ends Sunday night when Atlanta RHP Kris Medlen faces St. Louis rkie RHP Shelby Miller. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 683 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen