Pete Carroll said earlier this month that the team was work

in Bewerbung 18.06.2019 12:50
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The tenaciousness of top-ranked Notre Dames defense, the speed of its offense and a crowd of 8,106 overwhelmed No. 17 Washington early in the Preseason WNIT final on Sunday and the Huskies never recovered.The Fighting Irish jumped to a 12-0 start and led 25-8 at the end of the first quarter en route to a 71-60 victory on Sunday as Arike Ogunbowale led Notre Dame with 17 points and Kathryn Westbeld added 14 points and eight rebounds. Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey had four steals each as Notre Dame forced 17 turnovers, leading to 19 points.Transition is our game. We want to get out and run, Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw said. I think thats one of the things were known for.Washington coach Mike Neighbors said the male players who the Huskies normally practice against werent available the past few days so it made it tougher to prepare for Notre Dames speed.Wow are they fast, he said.After trailing by as many as 20 points early in the second quarter and 19 late in the third quarter, the Huskies (3-1) closed to 63-53 on a basket by Chantel Osahor with 5:53 left. But Ogunbowale hit a basket inside and Turner hit a free throw and scored on a rebound as the Irish regained control.Turner added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Irish (4-0).Kelsey Plum, who entered the game averaging 30 points, finished with 22 points on 7 of 19 shting, including 2 of 6 from 3-point range. Plum credited Notre Dames defense.They sat on my left hand the entire game. They made me take a step back, fadeaway jump shots, and I didnt knock as many down as I should have, she said.The Huskies entered the game shting 48.2 percent from 3-point range, but only shot 32 percent on Sunday.Washington, which hadnt trailed by more than seven points in its first three games, missed their first five shots and had four turnovers while the Irish hit 5 of 8 shots.I think once we got punched in the mouth we just settled down, and said, `Thats OK. Thats why theyre No. 1 in the country. Lets start playing basketball now. So I think that initial punch, it was cl to see our team battle throughout and play them even, Plum said. I think that will help us in the tournament and future big games. I think well be a little bit more prepared from the jump.BIG PICTUREWashington: The Huskies, playing on the road for the first time, struggled shting early and couldnt hit consistently from 3-point range as they usually do. ... They fell 0-7 all-time against teams ranked No. 1.Notre Dame: After struggling both offensively and defensively in a four-point win against Green Bay, the Irish played much better at both and in extending their home winning streak to 34 games.POLL IMPLICATIONSWashington: The Huskies outscored the Irish 52-46 after a slow start so the loss shouldnt hurt them in the poll and could help them.Notre Dame: The win over a ranked team might be enough to keep hold of the top ranking, although the Irish could be hurt by the way they struggled to a four-point win over Green Bay on Thursday.HE SAID IT:Were not used to playing in front of 8,100 people. So that had a lot to do with it, Neighbors said.UP NEXTWashington: The Huskies host Idaho on Tuesday and Seattle on Saturday before playing at Portland on Sunday.Notre Dame: The Irish play Louisiana-Lafayette in Houston on Tuesday, a neutral-site home game for the Irish so Turner can play near her home in Pearland, before returning home to face TCU at home on Saturday.Authentic Custom Golden Knights Jersey . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. Custom Golden Knights Jersey China . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. http://www.customgoldenknightsjersey.com/ . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Custom Golden Knights Jerseys . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Marc-Andre Fleury Jersey Large . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.The Seattle Seahawks have signed wide receiver Doug Baldwin to a four-year extension that will keep him with the team through 2020, the team announced Tuesday.?The deal is worth $46 million total, with just over $24 million guaranteed, a source told ESPNs Adam Caplan.The Seahawks tweeted news of the deal Tuesday.?Baldwin will get $12 million guaranteed at signing, which will be paid in the first year, a source told ESPNs Dan Graziano. The guaranteed amount includes a $7 million signing bonus, a $4 million roster bonus paid on July 4 and $1 million salary.Additionally, $12.25 million is guaranteed versus injury, the source told Graziano. Of that amount, $7.75 million becomes fully guaranteed in February 2017 and the other $4.5 million becomes fully guaranteed in February 2018.Baldwin, 27, had been entering the final year of his current deal. He joined the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2011 and had a monster season in 15, setting career highs in catches (7 and yards (1,069).ddddddddddddBaldwin was tied for the league lead with 14 touchdowns.Seattle coach Pete Carroll said earlier this month that the team was working with Baldwins agent on a contract extension.?It is a big deal. It is a very serious negotiation, as they all are, Carroll said at the time. But hes done an incredible job for us and been a great teammate. And hopefully, eventually, well get something worked out. I hope it happens. The intent is to get him signed and secured for a gd while, so well see if we can get that done.Baldwin, 27, said he wasnt worried about the talks.?Theres nothing to figure out, Baldwin said. Im playing ftball each day as it comes by. And again, if I focus on the task at hand, all that other stuff will take care of itself. So I dont really have to think about it t much.ESPNs Dan Graziano contributed to this report ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 74 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen