as I do every season, and obviously theyve taken it as something that its not, he continued. I understand, theres a story in it

in Bewerbung 17.06.2019 13:59
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

AUSTIN, Texas -- Former Baylor ftball coach Art Briles and former athletic director Ian McCaw were dismissed Wednesday from a lawsuit brought by woman who said they and the schl ignored her claims that she was raped by a former player who was later convicted.The men had been named in Jasmin Hernandezs lawsuit against Bayor as co-defendants in their official capacity. But Briles lawyers argued both men could not be sued in their official role under the Title IX federal gender discrimination law cited in the lawsuit.Hernandezs lawyer, Alex Zalkin, said he would refile claims against both Briles and McCaw in federal court under Texas state negligence claims. The court set an Oct. 12 deadline for Hernandez to amend the lawsuit. The Associated Press generally doesnt identify sexual assault victims, but Hernandez has spoken publicly to draw attention to the case.Wednesdays ruling but wont stop Hernandez from trying to hold both men accountable, Zalkin said.The federal lawsuit against Baylor continues. U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman denied the universitys request to temporarily halt evidence gathering while considering the schls request to dismiss the case. That could open the path for her attorneys to begin interviewing witnesses and collecting documents, notably statements and materials related to a law firms investigation of how Baylor handled sex assault allegations over a three-year period.Coach Art Briles is very happy he has been dismissed as a defendant in this case. Plaintiffs may very well allege future claims against him and we will take those on if and when they are filed, Briles attorney, Kenneth Tekell, said.Baylor fired Briles in May and McCaw resigned after a schl-funded investigation found the Baptist schl had mishandled allegations of sexual assault, including claims made against ftball players. Former President and Chancellor Ken Starr also was forced out.The Pepper Hamilton law firm concluded the ftball program acted as it was above the rules when dealing with assault claims and rules violations.Hernandez sued in March, claiming Baylor knew that former player Tevin Elliott had a history of assaults, failed to protect her and others who were attacked, and ignored her pleas when she sought help after her assault in 2012. Elliott was later convicted of raping Hernandez and sentenced to 20 years in prison.Briles lawyers argued he couldnt be sued as an individual in a Title IX lawsuit and that claims he ignored warnings of a sexual predator on his team were based on hearsay. They have also argued that Texas limited liability standards wont apply to Briles if sued in state court.Briles has acknowledged he made mistakes during eight seasons at Baylor, when he built one of the Big 12s worst ftball programs into a national power.There was some bad things that went on under my watch. I was the captain of this ship, Briles said in a recent interview with ESPN. ... So, I understand that I made some mistakes, and for that Im sorry. But Im not trying to plead for peoples sympathy. Im just stating that, `Hey, I made some mistakes. I was wrong. Im sorry. Im gonna learn. Im gonna do better.---This story has been updated to correct Hernandez lawyer says new lawsuits will be filed in federal court, not Texas state court.Tracy McGrady Jersey Large . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. Cheap Custom Rockets Jersey . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. http://www.customrocketsjersey.com/custom-tracy-mcgrady-jersey-large-85z.html . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. Rockets Jerseys China . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Cheap Rockets Jerseys . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No.Tony Pulis still cherishes great memories from his time at Crystal Palace and admits he would have liked the opportunity to stay at the club.Pulis left Palace by mutual consent in August 2014 after nine months in charge, having guided the club to 11th in the Premier League.When he replaced previous manager Ian Holloway, Palace had won one of their opening 11 league games, and Pulis was named manager of the season for his efforts. Now in charge at West Brom, he faces his former club at The Hawthorns on Saturday Night Ftball, and admits he still holds fond memories of his time in south London. Tony Pulis was named manager of the season for his work at Crystal Palace Palace in the short term was as gd as anything you could achieve really, he told Soccer Saturday. It would have been nice to have stayed and taken it on a bit further, because it would have suited me, but it wasnt to be.I have great memories there and it is a great ftball club. The 3-3 draw against Liverpl was a wonderful night, and I enjoyed a lot of times there. The supporters were wonderful.The amount of times I bump into Palace fans now when Im in London, they seem to be everywhere, and theyre great with me and its nice to leave clubs on gd terms.I get on well with Alan Pardew, and it will be a tough game on Saturday because I know the players well. West Brom recorded their first Premier League victory since early January with a 1-0 win over Everton in their last league outing.Salomon Rondons early strike at Gdison Park ended a five-match winless run, with Albion now four places above the relegation zone, and Pulis admits they still need another three wins to ensure survival.Were desperate to get another eight or nine points and that will keep us in the league, he added. The remit from the chairman for the first and second year was to stay in the league because of the financial implications. We have 12 cup finals now. James Morrison, Ben Foster and Jonny Evans have also missed significant periods of time through injury Weve had injuries to James Morrison and Jonny Evans this season, who are big players for us.dddddddddddd They are very gd ftballers and they make us play. They can be the difference.But weve been unfortunate with lots of stuff this year. Weve missed Saido Berahino for half the season. You lk at Tottenham, if you tk Harry Kane out and you tk Jamie Vardy from Leicester, its the same with Saido for us.He was one of the main reasons this club stayed in the Premier League last season because his goals really put the club where it is today. To be without that talent for half a season has been a really big miss. Tony Pulis says Saido Berahino has been a big miss for West Brom this season You can add Ben Foster to that, a goalkeeper who was second choice for England, and thats two very important positions for us. But you get on with your job and do it to get the results you need.After their FA Cup defeat to Reading, Pulis appeared to offer no assurances that he plans to stay beyond the summer, but the manager insists the story was blown out of proportion. I made a comment about sitting down with the chairman at the end of the season, as I do every season, and obviously theyve taken it as something that its not, he continued. I understand, theres a story in it and it fills a piece on the back pages.But the chairman has been fantastic. At the beginning of the season there was doubt about the sale of the club, and he was close to selling, but it never happened. He kept in contact with me and we speak every week.Hes been exceptionally honest about what he wants to do with the ftball club, and thats all I ask for.Watch the full interview with Tony Pulis on Soccer Saturday from 12nn on Sky Sports News HQ.Also See:Arrest made over Brunt incidentTitle rivals live on Sky SportsPulis: We must move onMersons predictions ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 482 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen