.Clay Buchholz (5-9) all

in Bewerbung 17.06.2019 13:59
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Nari Contractor c bottom b Davidson, day three, India v Australia, Kanpur, 1959.The first recollection about this match is I dont how I got those 74 runs in the second innings. In that match, 40 wickets fell, of which 22 [23] batsmen never got into double figures -- it was that bad a wicket. That was a damp-ish pitch; every day in the morning something from the bottom would come up.The East stand had a partition -- on one side were the men, on the other side were the ladies. Somebody would throw something from one end and the other section would respond in the same way. That jhagda [quarrel] was going on all the time.Alan Davidson was fast-ish and was a left-arm bowler. When he would bowl over the wicket, he would come and spin the ball, and it would go over here [the head] and hit you here [points to the chest]. One strategy that I would adopt was I would stand outside the leg stick. Because the ball was coming in so sharply, once it pitched on middle and leg I knew it was going to go on this side [outside leg]. I got out before lunch [on the third day].I rank this innings as my best because it helped my team beat Australia for the first time since 1947. There was [danger of bodily harm] because of which we didnt know what to do. One ball would go over the head while the other one would stay low. That innings required a lot of concentration. Every ball you said [to yourself] you survived. Suppose I point a gun at you and say I am going to sht at you any time, what will you do? It was like that. Richie [Benaud] and Alan Davidson bowled beautifully.The most tragic part or comic part of the innings was when I was on 74. Alan Davidson was bowling over the wicket from the far end, and he bowled a legbreak which was a little short. I hked it with all my might -- it could not have been a more perfect shot -- and as sn as the ball hit my bat I said to myself four runs. But here, Neil Harvey, who was fielding [a little] far at short leg, turned to save himself and the ball got caught between his bottom.Richie Benaud, from the leg slip, said, Neil, hold on, hold on and plucked the ball out of his bottom! The ball was slowly coming down, and Neil never even moved to try to catch it -- he knew he might touch it and the ball might fall; it was caught bottom, bowled Davidson! I could not move from the crease for 10-15 seconds out of disbelief.[I didnt feel it was a match-winning knock] at that time as the Australian innings was to come next, and we hadnt done very well either. They had to get 225, which you dont expect this Australian team not to get. There were not many verbal incidents, but [for] a little abuse here and there. Everybody was very tense, but the only thing we were told was fielding had to be tight and every catch had to be taken.It was a tight series, but they were the better side. But to beat Australia for the first time was a great achievement. In the evening, three or four of us met in a rm and had a drink, but there were no celebrations. We had to catch the train at 7.30 in the night, so we were packing and running about. Back then, we did not have our return reservations to come back to Mumbai. As a matter of fact, one or two of us spread the bedding on the flr and slept on the first-class. This win gave us that push, but slowly that slope downwards started till we beat England in India in a series for the first time in 1960-61.The best tribute I got was at the end of the series from Richie Benaud after the Kolkata Test, that at that stage I was one of the finest opening batsman in the world. I was friendly with Alan Davidson, Neil Harvey, Richie Benaud and Normal O Neil. We had a dinner together at my place during the Bombay Test.Innings toh reminisce hota hi nahin [I dont reminisce these knocks]. Only four of us from that team -- Abbas Ali Baig, Bapu Nadkarni, Chandu Borde -- are still alive. Who else will remember? What baffles me even after all these years is how Neil Harvey caught me!As told to Arun VenugopalCustom Jerry Tillery Jersey . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Chargers Jerseys China .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. http://www.customchargersjersey.com/ . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Cheap Custom Chargers Jersey . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova tk a 5-3 lead. Wholesale Custom Chargers Shirts . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla, -- Chris Archer moved closer to a potential 20-loss season, and two throws from right field were a big reason why.Archer lost his major league-high 17th game after giving up two runs, five hits and throwing 109 pitches over five innings in the Tampa Bay Rays 2-1 defeat to the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night.The overall goal is to keep the team in the game and do the best you can with what you have on that day, Archer said. So I wasnt as fine as I wanted to be, but lking at the whole scheme of things, theyre No. 1 in the major leagues in every single category for a reason.The majors last 20-game loser was Detroits Mike Maroth (21) in 2003.Archer (7-17) won his first career start against the Red Sox on Sept. 19, 2012 but has dropped 10 straight decisions to them since.He did his job to give us an opportunity to win, Rays manager Kevin Cash said. Wed like to see him go deeper in the ballgame, but credit the Red Sox lineup for some of that.David Ortiz extended his hitting streak to 10 games with an RBI single in the third. Ortiz scored to make it 2-0 when right fielder Steven Souza Jr. made an errant throw attempting to get Ortiz at third base after fielding Mkie Betts single.Obvioussly in hindsight I would rather not have thrown it, but I knew David Ortiz was running, Souza said.dddddddddddd But it was a bad throw and it cost us a run.The Rays got an RBI double from Kevin Kiermaier in the fifth.The speedy Kiermaier was thrown out trying for a triple in the eighth by Betts from right field.Accuracy, Ive been pretty gd Betts said. But hard (throws) was something I didnt know I could do. I think we were all kind of surprised there.Clay Buchholz (5-9) allowed one run, five hits, two walks and struck out nine in 6 1/3 innings for Boston. Craig Kimbrel got the final three outs for his 23rd save.TRAINERS RMRays: SS Tim Beckham left after seven innings due to left hamstring tightness.ONE-RUN FAILUREThe Rays are 8-19 in one-run games, worst in the majors.We always talk about in tight ballgames, the separator is probably how to limit mistakes, Cash said. We had a couple of mistakes today that cost us.UP NEXTRed Sox RHP Rick Porcello (17-3), 3-0 with a 2.25 ERA in three starts against Tampa Bay this season, faces Rays RHP Matt Andriese (6-5) on Wednesday night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 362 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen