next AP Top 25 poll is released on Sunday.STA

in Spam Area!!! 17.06.2019 11:08
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Hassan Whiteside likes when teams challenge him inside.The reigning NBA blocks leader piled up seven to go with 12 points and 17 rebounds and the Miami Heat beat the Milwaukee Bucks 96-73 on Thursday night to end a six-game losing streak.Theres two different types of coaches and teams, Whiteside said. Theres coaches that say, `Hassan Whiteside is down there, dont attack him. And then there are coaches that say, `Hassan Whiteside is down there, lets attack him, God bless those teams. Long live those teams. I need more of those teams.Dion Waiters led Miami with 23 points, and Josh Richardson added 18. The losing streak was the Heats longest since 2008.Its just another game, we cant get t happy about one win, Richardson said. Were glad we won, but weve got to move on to the next game.Point guard Goran Dragic returned for the Heat after missing three games with a sprained left ankle. He had 16 points in 35 minutes.Rusty a little bit, Dragic said. I didnt feel quite fast enough. The first half I struggled a little bit and then I finally got my legs under me a little bit and in the second half I felt great.Giannis Antetokounmpo and Tony Snell each had 14 points for Milwaukee. The Bucks shot 32.9 percent (28 of 85) from the field and have lost four of five.As a team we struggled on the defensive end, Bucks head coach Jason Kidd said. We couldnt guard the ball. We couldnt grab rebounds when we had to. We gave them second opportunities. On the offensive end, we just lost our patience.Richardson hit a corner 3, Whiteside blocked a layup attempt by Antetokounmpo, and Dragic hit a 3 in a flurry of big plays to give Miami an 80-69 lead with 7 minutes left.That was a big sequence for us, Richardson said. Hassan, when he gets blocks like that it energizes everybody and were running I think were a dangerous team.The Heat held on the rest of the way, with a 3 by Waiters making it 88-73 with 31 left.Miami outscored Milwaukee 29-11 in the fourth quarter.The Bucks entered the game leading the NBA in points in the paint, averaging 49.8 a game after leading the league a year ago, but were held to 34 and just 10 in the second half.They cover so much ground in particular G.A. and (Jabari) Parker, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. They really have a way of cutting and attacking, and catching and going into the paint. You have to have guys who are willing to compete, be physical, and do it with technique and discipline. And then when you get beat it helps to have a great eraser back there (with Whiteside).Milwaukee jumped out to a 20-6 lead, which included three impressive dunks by Parker, including taking one around-the-back on a dribble to avoid Richardson, and holding the Heat to 3-for-18 shting.Miami quickly bounced back as Tyler Johnsons 3 gave the Heat a 30-27 lead and the teams were knotted at 48 at the break.Josh Richardson hit a pair of 3-pointers for the Heat during a 13-4 run in the third quarter to give Miami a 65-54 lead.Miami led 67-62 to start the fourth quarter.Our best basketball was in the second half, Spoelstra said.BUCKS STARS STRUGGLEAntetokounmpo and Parker, who entered the game averaging over 41 points, combined to score 25 on 10-of-35 shting (28.6 percent).(Whiteside) did a gd job of contesting shots, but I go to the basket, and I didnt get nothing the whole game, Parker said. I didnt get no calls.McGRUDER, COACHES RECEIVE RINGSMiamis Rodney McGruder and assistant coaches Dan Craig and Octavio de la Grana received their NBA D-League championship rings for winning the title last season with the Sioux Falls Skyforce, Miamis affiliate.Thats the same rock we got, thats awesome, Spoelstra said in reference to the Heats three championship rings. We all felt that we were a part of it.McGruder, a Kansas State product who went undrafted in 2013, made his NBA debut this season and recently earned his first start.UP NEXTMilwaukee will host Golden State on Saturday. The Bucks handed the Warriors one of their nine regular-season losses last year ending their 24-game winning streak to start the season.Miami begins a four-game, seven-day trip Saturday at Washington. Custom Evan Longoria Jersey . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. Wholesale Custom Rays Shirts . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. http://www.customraysjersey.com/ . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Custom Rays T-shirts .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Authentic Custom Rays Jersey . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. MADISON, Wis. -- Finally, Wisconsin had a breather.Tested week after week with close games against the Big Tens tougher teams, the seventh-ranked Badgers assumed the role of playoff contender in beating up on one of the leagues weaker squads.Corey Clement ran for 123 yards and three touchdowns, Dare Ogunbowale added 103 yards on seven carries and Wisconsins defense intercepted Illinois quarterback Jeff George Jr. four times in rolling to a 48-3 win on Saturday.The Badgers (8-2, 5-2, No. 7 CFP) led by 18 after the first quarter with two scores from Clement, and 31-3 at the half on a homecoming weekend at Camp Randall Stadium.After playing five top 10 opponents over its first nine games, Wisconsin beat Illinois like it was a non-conference pushover.Its very frustrating when you have to win games by seven or 14, and it kind of gets old, Clement said. I would like to get back to this style of ftball to where we can close out the game.George had an awful day a week after helping Illinois rally to beat Michigan State. George was 5 of 16 for 79 yards in the first half against Wisconsin before getting pulled for former starter Wes Lunt.That didnt work, either. Illinois (3-7, 2-5) managed just 60 yards and three first downs in the second half.I didnt see much to talk about today. We were dominated by a better team. There was nothing we did that was gd out there today, coach Lovie Smith said.Safety Leo Musso had two interceptions for the Badgers, including one on a pass that caromed off cornerback Sojourn Sheltons ft.It was planned. ... Ive been watching a lot of Ronaldo highlights, playing FIFA, said a smiling Shelton, referring to the Portuguese soccer star and the popular video game.It was that kind of afternn for Wisconsin.THE TAKEAWAYIllinois: Any momentum from the thrilling victory over the Spartans disappeared quickly in the first quarter. A defense allowing 191.9 yards rushing a game coming into Saturday got overwhelmed on the ground. Tackling was pr, allowing the Badgers backs to break free for extra yards. On offfense, the deep passing game needs work.dddddddddddd. George threw two interceptions in the first quarter alone and tended to miss high on long throws down the field.Asked if his team tk a step back, Smith said At the end of the season you put it all together. ... Today we didnt get the job done and played bad ball.Illinois managed a few big rushing plays in the first half against the Big Tens best run defense. Kendrick Foster finished with 75 yards on 15 carries.Wisconsin: A laser-like focus on the next game has been a strength for coach Paul Chrysts team through a season in which expectations have grown each week. The Badgers showed no letup against Illinois. Leading 28-3 in the second quarter, Chryst kept players on their toes by calling for a successful fake punt on fourth-and-1 from the Wisconsin 41. Garret Dley tk the direct snap for a five-yard run and a first down.Once again, I thought our defense was really gd, Chryst said. It was a gd team win, and it didnt just happen. It was a gd week of preparation.POLL IMPLICATIONSWith No. 3 Clemson losing to Pittsburgh, the Badgers figure to move up at least a spot when the next AP Top 25 poll is released on Sunday.STARTLING STATSWisconsin dominated Illinois up and down the stat sheet. A few of the more eye-catching ones:First downs: Wisconsin 23, Illinois 12Total yards: Wisconsin 455, Illinois 200Third-down conversions: Wisconsin 7 of 13, Illinois 0 of 9.QUOTABLEThey didnt do anything different than what we practiced. I just made some bad decisions. -- George on his four-interception day.STREAKSWisconsins seventh straight win over Illinois is the longest win streak by either team in the history of the series.UP NEXTIllinois: Wraps up its home schedule by hosting Iowa.Wisconsin: Plays its last road game with a trip to Purdue.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org---Follow" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org---Follow Genaro Armas at: https://twitter.com/GArmasAP ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 29 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen