odern safety advances, moves that should

in Bewerbung 16.06.2019 11:29
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Zitat

Sydney coach John Longmire could only laugh when asked about a lopsided free-kick count in the AFL grand final.The umpires awarded Western Bulldogs 20 free kicks compared to Sydneys eight at the MCG, where the Swans fell 22 points short.A couple were clear errors from the whistle-blowers and led to set shots for the Bulldogs, while some were iffy at best. The minor premiers received a total of four free kicks in the first three quarters.Longmire noted it would be wrong to take anything away from the Bulldogs when asked about the discrepancy.But he was clearly far from impressed.Lk the Doggies were gd, Longmire said, having regained composure after a brief chuckle.All we can ask for is that they get paid both ways. Id have to sit back and have a lk at it in the cl light of day before I can comment on that.Longmire was unwilling to discuss specific examples, such as when Dan Hannebery had his legs taken out by a sliding Bulldogs players in a fourth-quarter contest.Hannebery suffered a knee injury and played no further part in the game, while the umpires waved play on and ruled the midfielder wasnt infringed.I dont know - do you guys think it should have been (a free kick)? Longmire quipped.Josh Kennedy, who starred for the Swans and finished second in Norm Smith medal voting, was also tight-lipped when asked about the issue.I feel like those sort of things tend to even themselves out and credit to the way the Doggies went about it, Kennedy said.Custom Hawks Jersey China . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you lk like a high schl offence. Dominique Wilkins Jersey Large . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shtout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. http://www.customhawksjersey.com/ .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Custom Dominique Wilkins Jersey . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. Authentic Custom Hawks Jersey . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.The Verizon IndyCar Series aero kit era is turning out to be more brief and less spectacular than hoped for.INDYCAR announced this week that development on aerodynamic components designed by Chevrolet and Honda will be frozen at the end of 2016 for the 2017 season. A single-spec body kit is under development for 2018 and beyond.INDYCAR introduced a 2.2-liter turbocharged engine formula in 2012 that attracted the participation of the two-engine manufacturers. Aero kits were added to the equation in 2015, but it turned out to be an expensive experiment that adversely affected the competitive balance between Honda and Chevrolet and created an additional hurdle for new manufacturers that might want to enter the sport.Since the introduction of aero kits, Chevrolet dominated the past two years, winning 24 of 32 races and sweeping the IndyCar driver and manufacturer championships. Hondas saving grace was Alex Rossis fuel-strategy-driven victory in the 2016 Indianapolis 500.This past weekend at Sonoma Raceway, representatives from both engine manufacturers said they support both the aero development freeze for 2017 and the single-spec body for the extended future.It was the attempt to show something new, something progressive with IndyCar, said Honda Performance Development president Art St. Cyr. But it didnt attract the fans like we were hoping and weve spent a lot of money on that that we might have used to help build the series. We spent millions on the aero kits over the last couple of years, and I think this is a gd move for the state we are in right now.I said even when we went to aero kits that we really wanted to be in IndyCar for the engine, he added. Were Honda Motor Company, and thats HPDs primary focus on this. Were lking forward to what we can do once the aero side gets settled down.After winning just two of 15 races so far in 2016, Honda would appear to be at a disadvantage with the end-of-year spec frozen. But there are signs Honda could be closer to Chevrolet in 2017 despite being locked into this years aero package.Honda cars were very competitive at most superspeedways, including the most important venue of all -- Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And Hondas lead team, Andretti Autosport, lked much better at Sonoma than it has at most road courses this year, with Rossi and Ryan Hunter-Reay finishing in the top five.Based on the current status quo, Chevrolet is naturally happy to continue with its 2016-spec aero parts in 2017. Chevrolet drivers Scott Dixon and Simon Pagenaud won the IndyCar Series championship the past two years, and the Bowtie brigade led Honda 14-2 in race wins this year.ddddddddddddI think the kits did what they were set out to do, remarked Mark Kent, director of racing for General Motors. It was an opportunity to create some differentiation between the cars, and the second objective was to provide the manufacturers an opportunity to outwork, out-engineer and hopefully outperform their competition. I believe the Chevrolet kit did that, and I also believe that the aero kits have moved the series forward.But as time rolls on, theres a new chapter in IndyCar, and were supportive of the direction theyre trying to go, Kent continued. Weve had great success with and without the aero kits, and -- as we lk forward to 18, as IndyCar lks to move their series forward with their long-term vision of going back to a common kit -- we are supportive.Hopefully it will make the sport interesting not only for new fans but also for new engine manufacturers.Although the 2017 aero freeze is somewhat of a compromise, INDYCAR has the opportunity to make major changes to its cars for 2018, in terms of the way they lk and in terms of the way they perform.The common-spec 2018 car will use the Dallara IR-12 tub, gearbox and suspension components, but almost everything else from the flr on up will be substantially changed.The made-over Indy car of tomorrow is expected to adopt styling cues from the past while incorporating modern safety advances, moves that should help the IndyCar Series build on the momentum it has generated over the past couple of years.I wish it was 2018 now! laughed Andretti Autosport owner (and Honda entrant) Michael Andretti. I wish we could have the Honda kit a little bit closer on the road courses; thats something were going to have to deal with next year, but Im really lking forward to 18. Things are really going in a positive direction. They are doing everything for gd reason and trying to entice another manufacturer.I think Jay Frye [INDYCAR president of competition and operations] has done a really gd job, Andretti added. Jay has really brought organization to INDYCAR in the area it was lacking. Theyre not making knee-jerk reactions; theyre thinking things out with long-term plans -- things you really need to do to make your company successful. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 213 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen