let them be great.On leaving Temple: It was one o

in Bewerbung 14.06.2019 12:51
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

BUFFALO (4-5) VS. CINCINNATI (3-5-1)Sunday, 1 P.M. ET, FoxOPENING LINE -- Bengals by 4RECORD VS. SPREAD -Buffalo 4-4-1, Cincinnati 2-6-1SERIES RECORD -- Bills lead 15-14LAST MEETING -- Bengals beat Bills 34-21, Oct. 18, 2015LAST WEEK -- Bills had bye, lost to Seahawks 31-25 on Nov. 7; Bengals lost to Giants 21-20AP PRO32 RANKING -- Bills No. 23, Bengals No. 21 (tie)BILLS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (1, RUSH (2), PASS (31).BILLS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (14), RUSH (20), PASS (11).BENGALS OFFENSE -- OVERALL (8t), RUSH (10), PASS (10).BENGALS DEFENSE -- OVERALL (24), RUSH (24), PASS (17).STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES -- Series record includes Bills two playoff losses to Bengals. ... Bills lost three in row heading into bye. ... Bills are 16-11 all-time coming off bye. ... Buffalo has scored at least 25 points in each of last five games. Bills scored 25 in six straight twice during team history, most recently 2004. ... Buffalo is second in NFL in rushing with 155 yards per game, trailing Dallas, leads NFL with 5.28 yards per carry. Also leads with 43 runs of more than 10 yards, including 14 of more than 20 yards. ... QB Tyrod Taylor needs 70 yards rushing to reach 1,000 with Bills. He leads NFL QBs with 362 yards rushing. ... Taylor threw for 289 yards, his second-highest total, during loss at Seattle before bye. ... Bills lead league with 30 sacks. LB Lorenzo Alexander is tied for lead with 10. ... Bengals playing first game at Paul Brown Stadium since Sept. 29. They have gone 1-3-1 since, including home tie with Washington at London. ... Since opening last season 8-0, Bengals are 7-10-1, including playoff loss to Pittsburgh. ... WR A.J. Green is 36 yards shy of joining Randy Moss as only NFL receivers with 1,000 yards in each of first six seasons. Moss did it with Vikings from 1998-2003. Green ranks second in NFL with 964 yards and third with 66 catches. ... Andy Dalton has been sacked 28 times, third most behind Indianapolis and Cleveland QBs. Bengals on pace to give up 50 sacks for seventh time in club history. ... Dalton has thrown only three TD passes in fourth quarter. His passer rating of 85.2 in fourth quarter ranks 21st. ... Fantasy Tip: Dalton is 3-0 career against Bills and threw for 248 yards and three TDs in win at Buffalo last season.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFLCheap Hornets Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Authentic Custom Hornets Jersey . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.customhornetsjersey.com/ . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap Custom Hornets Jersey . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Hornets Jerseys China . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter.WACO, Texas -- Matt Rhule views his new job at Baylor as a calling, and with the passion of a pastor delivered a message of moving forward with the Bears.The son of a minister and ftball coach, Rhule was formally introduced Wednesday as coach at the worlds largest Baptist university, and a Big 12 Conference program that has dealt with the fallout of a scandal.When the call came to come here, we came, Rhule said, talking for more than 15 minutes after being introduced to a crowd about 2,000 Baylor supporters. And we came because we have one purpose ... to develop and work with these young people. Im here to coach ftball, and Im here to be the best partner that I can for Baylor.The 41-year-old Rhule got a seven-year contract from Baylor after back-to-back 10-win seasons at Temple, where he spent 10 of the past 11 seasons. On the same day he was introduced in Waco, Rhule ran a full-page ad in the Philadelphia Inquirer thanking Temple University, Owls fans and the city of Philadelphia.His immediate task at Baylor is to start recruiting since the Bears, already with a depleted roster, have only one player verbally committed for signing day in February. There are only days before a quiet period in recruiting starts Monday.Kids are reaching out left and right, they want to come to Baylor, Rhule said after the formal introduction. They just needed some answers first.After a search with many rumored candidates, athletic director Mack Rhoades said Rhule, who the AD knew from his days at Houston and in the same conference with Temple, was the only person we offered the job to.Rhoades, who became Baylors AD in August, said he texted Rhule after Temple beat Navy last weekend to congratulate him on winning the American Athletic Conference title. They later met, and Rhoades said it tk only about 30 minutes before he knew in his gut, his heart and his mind that he had found the new Bears coach.This is a strong leader, Rhoades said. This is somebody with great vision whos going to demand excellence, demand accountability. I love the toughness. So it was all of those things wrapped up.Acting head coach Jim Grobe got a standing ovation when he was introduced.Grobe and his staff, assistants retained from former coach Art Briles staff, will coach the Bears (6-6) when they take on Boise State in the Cactus Bowl on Dec. 27, the same day Temple plays Wake Forest in the Military Bowl.Rhule becomes the full-time replacement for two-time Big 12 champion coach Briles, who was dismissed after a scathing report over thee universitys handling of sexual assault complaints, including some against ftball players.ddddddddddddAn investigation by the Pepper Hamilton law firm determined that the schl mishandled assault claims for years. The firms report in May led to the immediate suspension of Briles, who had eight years left on his contract and reached an undisclosed settlement with the schl a month later.A former Penn State linebacker (1994-97) under Joe Paterno, Rhule said the possibility of NCAA sanctions for Baylor werent even an issue for him.Just having lived through that at my alma mater, you never know what has to happen, whats going to happen, Rhule said. I think I just trust our leadership and say, whatever happens, these kids need a gd coach. I think I can be that coach for them.Rhule, a professed Christian, was wearing a newly purchased green tie for the introduction that Baylor called a campus celebration, inside the schls basketball arena and including the schl band and cheerleaders.The ftball team sat in section near the raised podium where Rhule spoke. The new coach said those players are the first and most important piece and he planned to meet with each of them individually.As for putting together a coaching staff, he said he had about 480 text messages within two hours after his hiring had been announced Tuesday. He said he hadnt had a chance to meet yet with the current Baylor assistants, and didnt rule out the possibility of some being retained.Some other things Rhule addressed:On having a defensive background and coming to a schl known for big-play, high-scoring offenses: Were going to play great defense, and were going to have a dynamic offense. ... I learned very quickly from coach (Tom) Coughlin that you take your great players and you let them be great.On leaving Temple: It was one of the hardest things I did ... to say gdbye, but I knew that our job was done there, our time was over. Those kids went from 2-10 to 6-6 to the winningest two-year stretch at Temple.On what he learned from his dad: Hes a man who spent his life serving others on the ftball field, in the church, in the youth center that he ran in Times Square in one of the tough neighborhds in New York City. And he showed me at an early age that we serve God in whatever way were called to do it.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 218 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen