you walk away from a big tournament and you havent lifted

in Spam Area!!! 13.06.2019 09:33
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- Donnel Pumphrey broke the NCAA career rushing record Saturday in his college finale, running for 115 yards and a touchdown in San Diego States 34-10 victory over Houston in the Las Vegas Bowl.Pumphrey passed former Wisconsin star Ron Daynes mark of 6,397 yards on a 15-yard run early in the fourth quarter, with teammates swarming him on the sideline, and wrapping up his sensational career in his Nevada hometown with 6,405 yards.It means the world to me, Pumphrey said as his father wiped away tears before hugging him.Pumphreys senior total of 2,133 yards rushing ranks in the top 10 for a FBS player.Ron Smith returned an interception 54 yards for a touchdown, Curtis Anderson caught a 28-yard touchdown pass from Christian Chapman, Juwan Washington ran for a touchdown, and John Baron kicked two field goals for the Aztecs (11-3). They overcame a 10-0 first-quarter deficit against the Cougars (9-4) for their second consecutive bowl win.Houstons defense absolutely smothered the Aztecs in the first quarter. Led by freshman Ed Oliver, Houston had seven tackles for loss on San Diego States first 16 plays. Pumphrey had minus-1 yard rushing on seven carries in the first quarter and the Aztecs didnt have a first down until the first play of the second quarter -- on a penalty for running into the kicker.But Pumphrey started to gash Houston on the perimeter, giving San Diego State the lead for gd on a 32-yard touchdown run late in the third quarter, and the defense intercepted four of Houston quarterback Greg Ward Jr.s passes in the second halfNEW MEXICO BOWLNEW MEXICO 23, TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO 20ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Richard McQuarley had two short touchdown runs and New Mexico won a bowl for the second time in a half-century, topping Texas-San Antonio.The Lobos only win since taking the 1961 Aviation Bowl had been a 2007 victory over Nevada in the New Mexico Bowl.Lamar Jordan ran for 81 yards and threw a 34-yard pass to Dameon Gamblin that set up McQuarleys 1-yard burst for a 23-13 lead in the fourth quarter. The Lobos (9-4) gave coach Bob Davie his first bowl win -- he lost three times at Notre Dame and also last year with New Mexico in this bowl.Jarveon Williams ran for 125 yards for the Roadrunners (6-7). They lost in the first bowl appearance in the programs six-year history.AUTONATION CURE BOWLARKANSAS STATE 31, UCF 13ORLANDO, Fla. -- Justice Hansen threw three touchdown passes to Kendall Sanders to help Arkansas State beat UCF.Hansen completed 12 of 26 passes for 205 yards, hkiong up with Sanders for touchdown strikes of 12, 75 and 17 yards. The biggest plays of the night came from the Red Wolves special teams. They scored on a blocked punt and produced two turnovers that were turned into touchdowns.The Red Wolves (8-5) sealed the victory when they went up 31-13 on Sanders 17-yard scoring reception early in the fourth quarter. That touchdown was set up after UCF returner Chris Johnson mishandled a punt and it was recovered by Logan Moragne at the Knights 37.The tone for the special teams was set in the first quarter when Johnston White broke through the line to block Caleb Houstons punt and B.J. Edmonds fell on the ball in the end zone to put the Red Wolves ahead 7-0 in the first 4 minutes. The Red Wolves tk a 17-0 lead over the Knights (6-7) in the first quarter after a UCF fumbled kickoff return set up Hansens 12-yard touchdown pass to Hansen.CAMELLIA BOWLAPPALACHIAN STATE 31, TOLEDO 28MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Marcus Cox rushed for 143 yards and a touchdown and Michael Rubino kicked the go-ahead 39-yard field goal to lift Appalachian State past Toledo.The Mountaineers (10-3) won the game in Alabamas capital city on a late field goal for the second straight year, this one with 5:14 left.Cox became the ninth FBS player with four 1,000-yard seasons and the 22nd to top 5,000 in his career. Game MVP Taylor Lamb passed for 119 yards and a touchdown and ran for 126 yards and a score.Kareem Hunt covered 42 yards on four straight rushes to propel Toledo (9-4) down the field after the field goal. Damion Jones-Mre was stopped on third down.NEW ORLEANS BOWLSOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI 28, LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE 21NEW ORLEANS -- Allenzae Staggers set New Orleans Bowl records with 11 catches for 230 yards and also scored a touchdown to help Southern Mississippi beat Louisiana-Lafayette.Nick Mullens, the Southern Miss all-time leader in yards passing and passing touchdowns, finished his distinguished career by throwing for 346 yards and two TDs.One of Mullens TD tosses was a 6-yarder to running back Ito Smith, who also rushed for 138 yards and two scores.However, Mullens turnovers helped the Ragin Cajuns keep the game competitive despite the Golden Eagles (7-6) outgaining ULL (6-7) 481 yards to 252.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Authentic Custom Steelers Jersey .Y. - Free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury, fresh off winning the World Series with Boston, reached agreement with the rival New York Yankees on a seven-year contract worth about $153 million, a person familiar with the negotiations said Tuesday night. Custom Steelers T-shirts . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. http://www.customsteelersjersey.com/ . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Cheap Custom Steelers Jersey . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. Devin Bush Jersey Large . PAUL, Minn. Rory McIlroy is confident he can turn his season around by claiming a third U.S. PGA Championship title in the space of five years.McIlroy won the Irish Open in May and has recorded eight other top-10 finishes in strokeplay events in 2016, but failed to add to his tally of four major titles in the Masters, U.S. Open and the Open.The 28-year-old opted for neutral when asked to describe his 2016 campaign in one word, but feels he can find top gear once more at Baltusrol, especially after Mondays thunderstorm recalled the soft conditions which prevailed for his breakthrough U.S. Open victory at Congressional in 2011.Its a fair golf course, everything is straight out in front of you, said McIlroy, who won the U.S. PGA in 2012 and 2014 and has recorded three other top-eight finishes in his seven appearances.Theres no real hidden secrets to it and I feel thats what really lets me excel. I feel like I can play my game in PGA Championships. I can hit driver off the tee most times and from there, if I drive it well, I feel like I have a big advantage.Theres been times [this year] where I got a little bit of momentum and then sort of got set back a little bit. Its sort of been a little stop-start in a way. Im trying to stay as positive as I can. I feel like I am positive because my game is in gd shape, but I guess Im just maybe running out of patience a little bit in trying to make it happen.As for a grade, Id say like a B- maybe. I could change that into an A+ on Sunday. Theres a lot of golf left, last major of the year, and I want to give it my all to get in the mix and try to win another one of these things before I have to wait another eight months to try to get another opportunity at Augusta next year.If McIlroy does not lift the enormous Wanamaker Trophy again on Sunday it will mean going two full years without a major title, the world No.4 having won the Open and U.S. PGA in 2014, with a first World Golf Championship title sandwiched in between for gd measure.Since then thhe likes of Jordan Spieth, Zach Johnson, Jason Day, Danny Willett, Dustin Johnson and Henrik Stenson have demonstrated the strength in depth of world golf by winning majors, but McIlroy believes he should still expect to be winning one a year himself.ddddddddddddId love to sit here and say Im going to win a major every year, he added. I could retire at 40 and be very happy.I think it is realistic, I really do. Weve seen in the past that is achievable. Thats the benchmark. Its hard but I guess from 2011-14 I averaged a major a year.Theres no reason to think that I cant do that for the foreseeable future. I have to play my best golf and sometimes its hard to come up with your best golf each and every week. I definitely think its attainable.McIlroy has finished third and fifth in his two events since missing the cut in the U.S. Open and admits he was motivated by being left trailing an amazing 16 shots behind Open champion Stenson at Royal Trn.I think any time you walk away from a big tournament and you havent lifted a trophy, its going to motivate you, McIlroy added.How can you not be motivated by watching that golf on the Sunday of the Open Championship with Phil [Mickelson] and Henrik? Just going blow for blow down the stretch, that can only give you motivation and get the juices flowing.You see guys and sometimes you think that should be me and it gives you a bit of a kick in the ass to get out there and go practice.McIlroy also has added motivation to get into contention and earn a late tee time for Sundays final round, revealing he has tickets to watch fellow Northern Irishman Carl Framptons world title boxing fight on Saturday.If everything goes to plan I will be able to get to the Barclays Centre [in nearby New York] to cheer him on, McIlroy added. Ive never been to one of his fights before so hopefully Ill have a late tee time on Sunday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 127 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen