Boris Berian, a college drop-out who used to work at McDonalds, was rewarded for a bold display of front-running with gold in t

in Bewerbung 12.06.2019 14:12
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

MONZA, Italy -- Felipe Nasr said he was surprised to be given a penalty for his collison with Renaults Jolyon Palmer at the Italian Grand Prix.Nasr and Palmer made contact while vying for position at Turn 2, with Nasr appearing to drive across Palmer on the exit of the chicane. Nasr spun and, like Palmer, retired in the pits due to damage from the collison.However, he was then handed a ten-second time penalty. Fearing it would be carried over to the next race, Sauber sent him back out to serve the penalty before retiring again.The Brazilian was handed two penalty points on his superlicence and had to visit the stewards again after the race.I went to see [FIA race director] Charlie [Whiting] but that was nothing special Nasr said when asked about the meeting. There is not much to say really.Though he refused to be drawn on commenting about the crash Nasr made it clear he felt it was wrong for the stewards to blame him.I was a bit surprised [by the penalty]. What can I do? I got the penalty in the end and its not going to change if I say whether I was right or wrong. Its done.I felt like climbing up to 14th on the first lap was again putting in a gd effort at the start, a gd first lap and we could have at least hold on to the position, maybe fight for something better. Its a shame it ended up this way but we gotta keep on trying.Palmer and Nasr have a fiery history together from their time in GP2.Asked if he will speak to Palmer about the incident between now and Singapore, Nasr replied: No, I dont think its necessary.Cheap Warriors Jerseys .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternn. Cheap Custom Warriors Jersey . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. http://www.customwarriorsjersey.com/ . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rkie outfielder in the starting lineup. Tim Hardaway Jersey Large . All of the scoring came in the final 20:04. Lucic scored on a power play at 15:46 of the third period, when he tipped a shot over Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen for a 3-1 lead. Custom Warriors Jerseys . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said.Britains Robbie Grabarz bounced back from almost two years of injury hell to win high jump silver at the World Indr Championships in Portland.The 28-year-old, who questioned his future in the sport after a knee operation in May 2014 left him jumping, in his words, like a 16-year-old girl, produced a first-time clearance at 2.33 metres to make a welcome return to the podium.Grabarz, who won Olympic bronze, European gold and the Diamond Race crown during a memorable season in 2012, could not have timed his return to form better, with the Rio Games coming up in August. It was Great Britains third medal at the Oregon Convention Center, following bronze for both Lorraine Ugen in the long jump and Tiffany Porter in the 60m hurdles on Friday, and gave the team some much-needed reason for cheer after a succession of earlier disappointments.With Qatari favourite Mutaz Essa Barshim clearly not fully fit, Grabarz was edged out of gold by Italian Gianmarco Tamberi, who needed third-time clearances at 2.29m and 2.33m before sailing over 2.36m at the first time of asking. Grabarz celebrates his silver medal on the podium Grabarzs team-mate Chris Baker saw his hopes ended by a best clearance of 2.29m and finished eighth.Erik Kynard, who tk silver ahead of Grabarz at London 2012, this time finished with bronze, losing out to the Briton on countback.Grabarz said: Im ecstatic, Ive lost my voice, I just cant quite believe it to be honest.If someone said Id get that result two years ago I wouldnt have believed it, I would have bitten their hand off.They [the days of competing at the top] lked very far away and that just made me train harder. To get the reward here of being able to compete with these guys and get a medal makes it great.Before Grabarzs glorious comeback, though, the day had been going horribly wrong for Britain, with Lynsey Sharp failing to make it past the heats of the 800m and Dina Asher-Smith forced to pull out of the 60m final as a precaution due to a minor hamstring reaction after her semi-final run. Lynsey Sharp chases hhome Burundis Francin Niyonsaba in the 800m heats Team captain Asher-Smith was gutted after having to settle for fifth place in the 60m in 7.dddddddddddd14 seconds.I came here for a medal, I wanted a medal. I came fifth and I didnt run a PB or a seasons best, Im gutted, she said.American Barbara Pierre shocked favourite Dafne Schippers to win 60m gold in 7.02 seconds, with her Dutch rival having to settle for second in 7.04secs.In the morning session Sharp put a positive spin on falling at the first hurdle.The European and Commonwealth silver medallist finished second in her heat, her time of 2mins 02.75secs not quick enough to progress as a fastest loser.Even though it may not lk like it was a success, to me it was because Ive learned a lot, said the Scot.It all means Britain are likely to fail to win a gold medal at the biennial World Indrs for only the second time since 1997. They lay in 13th place in the medal table with one day of the championships to go.Ashton Eaton delivered the victory his hometown of Portland craved most of all by winning heptathlon gold for the third time in a row. The USAs Ashton Eaton celebrates winning the heptathlon at the IAAF World Indr Championships in Portland Eaton followed in the ftsteps of his Canadian wife, Brianne Theisen-Eaton, who claimed the pentathlon title on Friday, by finishing with 6470 points.The 28-year-old American finished 288 points ahead of Ukraines Oleksiy Kasyanov in silver.The Netherlands won a gold medal in the 1500m courtesy of Sifan Hassan who triumphed in a time of 4:04.96.American Boris Berian, a college drop-out who used to work at McDonalds, was rewarded for a bold display of front-running with gold in the 800m.Strong enough to hold on as he lked set to get caught in the final 100m, the 23-year-old was thumping his chest as he crossed the line in 1:45.83.And his team-mate Michelle Carter snatched shot put gold moments later thanks to a sixth-round throw of 20.21m.Czech Pavel Maslak retained his 400m title in 45.44, with Bahrains Oluwakemi Adekoya winning the womens event in 51.45.Also See:Bronzes for British duoBlack: GB must be ruthless ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 52 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen