the country in October 2011. IRVIN

in Spam Area!!! 11.06.2019 09:19
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

WIMBLEDON -- Annika Beck was to Serena Williams on Sunday what a decent cup of morning coffee is to the rest of us.If the six-time Wimbledon champ needed a little jolt to pass Chris Evert for Grand Slam match win No. 300, Becks early service break on Centre Court seemed to do just the trick.Playing on the first middle Sunday here in 12 years, Williams shk off her boredom or whatever made her lk like she woke up in a bad md, and like the aftermath of the infamous racket smash in her previous match, she went to work.Winning 11 of the last 12 games, including the last seven, Williams polished off the 43rd-ranked German 6-3, 6-0 in 51 minutes to reach the fourth round at Wimbledon.I think the [Christina] McHale match really helped me, Williams said, referring to her second-round encounter last week. To be honest, I felt like losing that first set so tight and her playing better than shes ever played in her life really helped me to realize that I can play better.Williams coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, told ESPN.com on Saturday that Serena was t calm at the French Open, where she was defeated in the final by Garbine Muruguza. He was glad to see a little rage in her racket-smashing moment during a changeover against McHale.On Sunday, Williams was aggressive only in her on-court play, finishing with 25 winners to only 14 unforced errors. Williams cracked seven aces and limited Beck to four points in the second set, all on the return of serve.I wasnt sure what the stats were, obviously, but on that last service game, I was thinking, Have I lost on my first serve yet? Williams said. I wasnt sure, but I just tried to stay focused.It gives me a lot of confidence. I know what it takes to win these tournaments. Its just about now just doing it.Clearly that is tougher than it lks, as another No. 1 can attest.Asked what she thought of watching fellow American Sam Querrey derail Novak Djokovics pursuit of a calendar-year Slam on Saturday, Williams said she was surprised Djokovic didnt come back from his two-set deficit to win.But it happens to all of us, said Williams, who lost her bid to sweep all four majors when she was defeated in last years US Open semifinals. Every time I step out on the court, if I dont win, its major national news. But if I do win, its just like a small tag in the corner.If that sounds like a burden, Williams said it isnt any longer.I lk at it almost like something thats really awesome to be in that position. There are only two people you can say that about out of all the athletes, Williams said of herself and Djokovic.Williams will next face 13th-seeded Svetlana Kuznetsova, who rallied back from a 5-2 third-set deficit to eliminate American Sloane Stephens 6-7 (1), 6-2, 8-6.Williams is 9-3 against her upcoming Russian opponent, although Kuznetsova won their last meeting, a three-set upset at the Miami Open in March. The two have yet to play on grass.Were both ready for this match, Williams said. Were both going to give it our heart, as we always do when we play each other.While Mouratoglou has worried about Williams level of motivation since the US Open, during which time she finished as the runner-up at both the Australian and French opens, he said it is definitely not OK with her to finish anywhere short of winning the title and maintaining her No. 1 ranking.She hates [losing], Mouratoglou said. Shes not losing in the second round, third round, quarters. She was two times in the final and two sets away from the Grand Slam, so this is definitely not satisfying at all to stop there.Serena wants to be No. 1. She wants to win Grand Slams because when you win Grand Slams, you are a champion. If she feels she is not a champion anymore, then she will not enjoy it and she wont play. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Custom St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko tk the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. http://www.baseballjerseyscustom.com/ . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. Custom Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. Custom Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Ftball Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. IRVINE, Calif. -- Jaron Martin had four 3-pointers and a career-high 24 points and UC Irvine beat South Dakota State 73-58 in the opening game of the Sanford Pentagon Showcase on Monday night.The Anteaters (1-1) scored the first eight points, never trailed and maintained a double-digit lead throughout the second half.Martin finished 4 of 9 from 3-point range and 10 of 19 overall from the field. Jonathan Galloway grabbed 14 boards and blocked four shots -- both career highs.After the Jackrabbbits (0-2) closed to 52-40, UC Irvine had a 17-5 run to build its largest lead at 69-45.ddddddddddddSouth Dakota tied it twice in the first half but the Anteaters had a 10-0 run to pull away.Skyler Flatten had 12 points and Reed Tellinghuisen scored 11. South Dakota State shot 28.8 percent (17 of 59) from the field and 16.7 percent (5 of 30) on 3-point attempts. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 113 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen