mpics coverage sank to its lowest level of the Rio de J

in Bewerbung 09.06.2019 03:55
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

Charlie Strong says he has not been told he has lost his job at Texas, despite reports that a decision to let him go has been made.Ive been told well be evaluated at the end of the season, he said at a Monday news conference.Texas athletic director Mike Perrin said the same thing in a statement Sunday night.Strong said that he met with his team after ESPN, among other outlets, reported that he will be fired.Theres a lot of reports out there, Strong said he told the team. Theres no reason for you to worry about me.Amid the turmoil, some Texas players have reportedly discussed boycotting the last game against TCU.The Austin American-Statesman reported that upperclassmen are trying to intervene to calm the situation.Strong said that his team will show up for TCU.They will not boycott this game, he said. They know this game is about the seniors. Thats not going to happen.Strong added: I told them not to quit on me and I wouldnt quit on them.Texas wide receiver Jacorey Warrick was that adamant players will not boycott the game and said he hopes the dozens of Longhorn players who came to Strongs news conference to show their support sent a message.He doesnt have the support, I guess, of some of the people who are trying to get him out, Warrick said. But the people who really matter, the players, you can see where our support lies.Strong did say that the rumors and reports have put pressure on the 5-6 Longhorns and that Texas was playing not to lose recently.?When theyre playing the way theyre playing, theyre playing for this coaching staff, I can see the frustration, he said.With tears streaming down his face, defensive tackle Paul Boyette Jr. offered a passionate defense of Strongs tenure at Texas, arguing his coaches deserve more than 36 months to turn the program around.In my heart and my spirit, I want him to be here, Boyette Jr. said. I dont make the decisions. Im not the head man in charge. All I can do is pray and hope for the best. I cant say enough about him.Boyette Jr., a senior, said it leaves a bitter taste in his mouth to think another head coach could come to Texas next season and reap the benefits of Strongs three years of building.If they hit the jackpot, they go a national championship, win the Big 12, theyll know who got em there, Boyette Jr. said.Strong is 16-20 overall and 12-14 in Big 12 play in three seasons with the Longhorns. If he coaches Friday against TCU, Strong will clinch either a bowl bid or his third seven-loss season.Strong said Monday that he wants to return next season and feels that a young Texas team has a lot of upside.If he is fired, however, Strong will be owed a $10.7 million buyout for the remaining two years on his contract, a fee that would be reduced if he takes another job.Strongs situation came to a head after Texas lost 24-21 in overtime to a Kansas team that was 1-9 and had lost its past 19 Big 12 games.ESPN staff writer Max Olson contributed to this report.Stitched Custom Soccer Jerseys . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. Cheap Custom Soccer Jerseys China . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. http://www.soccerjerseyscustom.com/ . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Wholesale Custom Soccer Jerseys Online . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indr hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Custom Jerseys On Sale .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play.NEW YORK -- It was a terrific night for American track athletes in Rio. Ashton Eaton won his second straight decathlon title, Ryan Crouser set an Olympic record in the shot put, Dalilah Muhammad became the first American woman ever to win gold in the 400-meter hurdles and Kerron Clement won the same race for men.Opening acts, each of them.NBC was waiting for one man, and one man only: Jamaicas Usain Bolt and his attempt to win his third straight Olympic gold medal in the 200-meter run, to match his third straight gold in the 100. Over and over, we saw camera shots of Bolt warming up or just waiting for his race to begin.Eatons achievement was the sort that have put past winners on cereal boxes, the decathlon gold medalist earning the unofficial title of greatest athlete in the world. On Thursday, coverage of his victory seemed strangely muted, even though there was more suspense involved than there was for Bolts race.We get it. Bolts a star, one of the greatest Olympians ever. The spotlight is his oxygen. And he delivered a terrific performance.Yet were not sure if it was the fourth replay of his race, the super slo-mo of him giving his signature pose, his pause to take selfies with fans or his interview wish that hed been faster that made us say, OK, were done. Time to move on.QUOTE: Many people here will be telling their grandchildren they saw the great Usain Bolt in person. -NBCs Tom Hammond.QUOTE: He said he wanted to cement his legacy. I dont think it needed any cement. -Hammond.QUOTE: It rained here. But the only Bolt was on the track. -Hammond.QUOTE: He simply has had no equal in terms of getting it done when the spotlight is at its greatest. -NBCs Ato Boldon.We get it! WE GET IT!WRESTLING: While it was gd of Bob Costas to mention wrestler Helen Maroulis upset victory over Japans Saori Yoshida, NBC missed a great chance to show some flexibility in prime-time. Here was a first-time Olympian beating a three-time Olympic champion and winner of 16 straight major titles to become the first American woman with a wrestling medal. Set up the drama and show the entire match. Cut the two showings of an American relay team racing alone against the clock because of a mishap earlier in the day and turn that into a Costas voiceover.ddddddddddddUNKEN SWIMMERS: Who would have thought Ryan Lochte and his allegedly drunken band of American swimmers would turn into the biggest news story of the Games? Wise of NBC to lead its night with an update.WATCH OUT: The U.S. womens volleyball team had momentum and experience on its side heading into a fifth-set tiebreaker against Serbia on Thursday, and got out to a quick lead. But analyst Kevin Barnett was worried. They could have been up by 7-2, but the game was closer because of a couple of unforced errors. Keep this in mind, he said. His fears proved realized when the U.S. went on to lose.LACKLUSTER HPS: Its a win, thats all that matters, NBCs Marc Zumoff said after the U.S. womens basketball team qualified for the gold medal game by beating France. Such are the standards of a team on a 48-game winning streak dating to 1992 that a 19-point victory is deemed an artistic failure.FORFEIT: NBCs Tim Hutchings wasnt happy to see Javier Culson of Puerto Rico disqualified from the mens 400-meter hurdles for a false start. He could see a racer trying to grab an advantage in a shorter sprint, but didnt think thats what Culson was doing. Its a genuine error, Hutchings said, and I think the rules, frankly, could be more forgiving.RATINGS: With star power dimmed, the audience for NBCs prime-time Olympics coverage sank to its lowest level of the Rio de Janeiro games on Wednesday night by one measure. The Nielsen company said 20.7 million people watched NBC, with the number rising to 22.1 million when cable viewership and online streaming during the same time slot is added. The NBC-only viewership was slightly lower, at 20.6 million, on the first night of competition on Aug. 6, but adding in the additional Olympic content on other sources brought the total to 23.5 million. No matter how you measure it, thats significantly lower than the 29.1 million who watched the London Games in 2012 on the corresponding night.---Follow David Bauder at twitter.com/dbauder. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/david-bauder ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 129 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen