m to the point where we are able to have that extended run of succe

in Bewerbung 07.06.2019 02:45
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Rutgers linebacker Greg Jones was taken by ambulance to a hospital for evaluation and later released following a hit to the head during Saturdays 58-0 loss to Ohio State.The redshirt senior lked as if he was trying to get up after appearing to take two hits to the helmet while attempting to make a tackle in the first quarter. The training staff kept him still on the turf before stabilizing Jones on a stretcher, carting him to the sideline and ultimately loading him into the ambulance in the south end zone of Ohio Stadium.According to a Rutgers spokesman, Jones was transported to Ohio States Wexner Medical Center as a precautionary measure. He was communicating and had movement in his extremities.Jones later returned to the stadium and was on the sideline in the fourth quarter.Greg is fine. He was on the sideline, Rutgers first-year coach Chris Ash said. We just have to monitor him when we get back, but he was on the sideline and walking around.Jones had been one of the most productive defenders early in the season for the Scarlet Knights. Coming into the matchup with the No. 2 Buckeyes, he had been credited with 18 tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack while starting every game.Cheap Custom Pirates Jersey . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Custom Pirates T-shirts . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. http://www.custompiratesjersey.com/ . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. Custom Pirates Jerseys . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Custom Willie Stargell Jersey . That left plenty of energy for pitching bks and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory.BOSTON -- Chris Sale said he isnt worried that he might not be the ace of the Boston pitching staff after being added to a Red Sox rotation that already includes David Price and reigning AL Cy Young winner Rick Porcello.We play for a trophy, not a tag, Sale said on a conference call Wednesday, a day after the AL East champions acquired him from the Chicago White Sox for a package of four minor leaguers that includes No. 1 prospect Yoan Moncada. It takes some pressure off of everybody. Just go out there and pitch, because you dont feel like you have this huge weight on your shoulders to win this game.A five-time All-Star who finished in the top six of the Cy Young voting the last five years, Sale was traded to Boston on Tuesday at the winter meetings for four prospects -- including Moncada, who was Baseball Americas minor leaguer of the year this season. Sale was the premier pitcher on the market following a season of spats with White Sox management over clubhouse issues.Among them: A bizarre incident in which Sale was suspended for five days after taking a scissors to the days throwback uniforms because he said they were uncomfortable. (He also had to pay for the shredded jerseys.) During spring training, Sale also complained about new limits on Adam LaRoches son hanging around the clubhouse, a management decision that prompted LaRoche to retire.It didnt work out. I really wish it did, Sale said on Wednesday. I appreciate my time with the White Sox and Im lking forward to the next chapter.The next chapter brings him to Boston, where he will join Price, the 2012 Cy Young winner, and Porcello in a lefty-heavy rotation that also could include All-Star Steven Wright, Eduardo Rodriguez, Drew Pomeranz and Clay Buchholz. Asked before the official start of winter who his opening day starter will be, manager John Farrell said, Well have plenty of time to figure that out.Theres a surplus right now, he said on Tuesday. But when you think about the high end of it, this is an exciting group.Sale was 17-10 with a 3.34 ERA and 233 strikeouts this season, one year after his 274 strikeouts led the majors. He is scheduled to make $12 million next year, with club options that could keep him in Bston for two more years at $12.dddddddddddd5 million and $15 million.The relatively affordable contact had contenders coveting him since last years trading deadline, and the White Sox knew he was their best trading chip if they were going to rebuild the roster that finished fourth in the AL Central last year. While the crosstown Cubs won the World Series in 2016, the South Siders have not made the playoffs since 2008.Trade talk also had Washington as a potential landing spot for Sale.Its kind of like being monkey in the middle, he said. Youre glad when you just get the ball.Sales affordable contract made him even more attractive to the Red Sox, who are trying to remain under the luxury tax threshold. It also made it easier for them to eat the $31.5 million signing bonus they are paying the 21-year-old Moncada -- the largest ever for an amateur player; the amount was doubled as a penalty for exceeding their international signing cap.But in a brief stint in the majors this season, Moncada batted .211 with one RBI in eight games.If I get an opportunity to play every day, I can improve, he told reporters on Wednesday. And I can be a better player (with) that experience.The other three prospects were all in Class A in 2016: Michael Kopech, 20, went 4-1 with a 2.08 ERA; Luis Basabe, also 20, hit .264 with 53 RBI; Victor Diaz, a 22-year-old righty, went 2-5 with a 3.88 ERA in relief.These are the type of impact players that we need to continue to acquire and build up to get our system to the point where we are able to have that extended run of success, White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said.Kopech is a 6-ft-3 righty who has hit 105 mph with his fastball. With his height, power arm and long blonde hair, he has been compared to Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard.I dont want to be that to be my ceiling. No disrespect to him, but I want to set my own ceiling, Kopech said. I dont like to make comparisons, but thats not a bad person to be compared to.---AP Baseball Writer Ben Walker and AP Sports Writers Howard Fendrich and Stephen Whyno contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 421 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen