at event was before I started covering the sport, th

in Bewerbung 06.06.2019 13:18
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

(STATS) -- With some standouts in the FCS, it can be hard to tell when they have a big game.They make it happen so often.Quarterbacks Jeremiah Briscoe of Sam Houston State, Gage Gubrud of Eastern Washington and Devlin Hodges of Samford as well as James Madison running back Khalid Abdullah have been special on a weekly basis this season. On Tuesday, they were nominated to the STATS FCS Offensive Player of the Year Watch List.The four nominees:Khalid Abdullah, James Madison, TB, Sr., 5-10, 220, Newport News, VirginiaThis home run threat teams with childhd friend Cardon Johnson to give James Madison perhaps the most lethal 1-2 running back duo in the FCS. Abdullah has ability to get around the edges, but also terrific vision for finding holes. He runs hard through the line of scrimmage, picking up extra yards after contact. … Off to a superb start as a senior, including four straight 100-yard games, matching his season total of a year ago. ... Has an FCS-high 603 rushing yards (on 7.7 yards per carry) and tied for the national high with nine touchdowns. Coach Mike Houston says Abdullah has the strongest work habits on the Dukes nationally ranked team. … Fell just short of 1,000 yards as a junior, scoring 13 touchdowns.Jeremiah Briscoe, Sam Houston State, QB, R-Jr., 6-3, 220, HoustonA nationally rated quarterback in high schl, Briscoe has traveled a winding road to become the leader of one of the FCS most prolific offenses. … Shared playing time in his first season at Sam Houston with Jared Johnson, the 2015 Southland Conference offensive player of the year, but Briscoe was a standout in the Bearkats playoff run to the national semifinals. … The pro-style passer threw for a schl-record seven touchdown passes against Stephen F. Austin last Saturday, giving him 16 in only four games. … Spent his senior season in high schl playing under Eliot Allen, who coached Andrew Luck. Briscoe transferred to Sam Houston from UAB after the Blazers program folded following the 2014 season.Gage Gubrud, Eastern Washington, QB, R-So., 6-2, 195, McMinnville, OregonWhen Gubrud (pronounced g-brd) kicked excellent rugby-style punts into strong wind gusts at Weber State as a freshman, the Eagles surely knew they had a special player. As a sophomore in 2016, hes burst onto the scene after winning the starting quarterback job away from two returnees, including a 3,000-yard passer. … Dual-threat racked up a schl-record 551 total yards with six total touchdowns in his first career start, EWUs 45-42 win over Pac-12 member Washington State to open the season. … Uses a quick release in the pocket, but also has gd ft speed to gain yardage up the field. A former walk-on, Gubrud is among the FCS leaders in a number of statistical categories, including passing yards per game (383.2), total offense per game (438.2) and touchdown passes (1.Devlin Hodges, Samford, QB, R-So., 6-1, 213, Kimberly, AlabamaSamford coach Chris Hatcher turned over the keys to the offense to Hodges midway through the 2015 season and the Bulldogs have been dangerous ever since. Hodges is a dual-threat with a quick release and efficient style. In his first collegiate start against Western Carolina, Hodges was 42 of 61 for 399 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 94 yards and a score. He finished his freshman season as the Southern Conferences offensive player of the month for November and made the conferences all-freshman team. Hes running less as a sophomore, but has been even better as a passer, throwing for 14 touchdowns and only two interceptions in four games.Preseason selections to the watch list were quarterbacks Aaron Bailey of Northern Iowa, Case Ckus of Northern Arizona, Austin Gahafer of Morehead State, KD Humphries of Murray State, Eli Jenkins of Jacksonville State, Kyle Lauletta of Richmond, RJ Noel of Sacred Heart and Peter Pujals of Holy Cross; running backs Kendell Anderson of William & Mary, Tarik Cohen of North Carolina A&T, Derrick Craine of Chattanga, Chase Edmonds of Fordham, Darius Hammond of Charleston Southern, Kade Harrington of Lamar, DeAngelo Henderson of Coastal Carolina, John Santiago of North Dakota, Lenard Tillery of Southern and Darius Victor of Towson; and wide receivers Emmanuel Butler of Northern Arizona, Cper Kupp of Eastern Washington, Justin Watson of Penn and Jake Wieneke of South Dakota State. Kupp won the award last season.A national panel of over 150 sports information and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries will vote on the STATS FCS Offensive Player of the Year following the regular season. Also, STATS will honor the outstanding defensive player in the FCS, a freshman player of the year, a coach of the year and the Eddie & Doris Robinson Scholar-Athlete of the Year.Cheap Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys China . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a gd night. Cheap Colorado Rockies Jerseys China . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. http://www.cheapbaseballchina.com/cheap-oakland-athletics-jerseys-china_523l.html . Two pressure cker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Cheap Nike Baseball Jerseys Authentic . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpl to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpl and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Cheap New York Yankees Jerseys China . In Europe, top teams seem to be largely happy with their squads after spending nearly $1 billion in the off-season. And although English league clubs are unlikely to splash cash in January, Arsenal and Chelsea could be tempted to strengthen their squads with new strikers.Each week, ESPN.com writer and MMA Live Extra analyst Brett Okamoto provides his take on the hottest topics in the world of mixed martial arts.This week, Okamoto squares off with UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson?to debate the latest news and trends entering UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Johnson (24-2-1), ESPN.coms No. 1-rated pound-for-pound fighter, returns to the Octagon on July 30 when he defends his title against Wilson Reis at UFC 201.1.?Which fight are you most lking forward to at UFC 200?Demetrious Johnson: I would say the Jon Jones-Daniel Cormier fight. I know its kind of cliche to pick that one, but I felt like neither one of them really got the best of the other the first time they fought. DC lost but he didnt get destroyed. Im excited for Jose Aldo-Frankie Edgar and Amanda Nunes-Miesha Tate, but no matter what happens with those, life will go on. The hard one that everyone is going to be taking about is Jones-DC. Theres a lot riding on that. I think DC needs this. His career has led up to this. If Tate were to lose her belt to Nunes it would be like, OK, you lost, but its all right, go get the next one. I feel the same thing with me. If I were to lose a fight at this point, itd be like, All right, lets get this next one. With Jones-DC, if Jones loses, everyone will be like, What the fudge? And if DC loses, people will say, See? I told you he wasnt a real champion anyway. Theres a lot at stake for both guys.Brett Okamoto:?Aldo-Edgar for me. Aldo seems somewhat forgotten based on one 13-second knockout loss to Conor McGregor in December. Hes still the most dominant champion in featherweight history. How does he lk after that humbling of a loss? Ill be honest, I havent agreed with every step he has taken since then. The way he talks about that loss, chalking it up as a complete fluke and then calling McGregor out on social media only to not take the fight at UFC 196 when it was offered on short notice -- I dont think some of those actions have benefited him in the public. But hes a great martial artist and has been for a very long time. If he comes back and lks confident against Edgar, I would want to see a rematch against McGregor. And Edgar is pound-for-pound one of the best, in my opinion. So, this fight does it for me2.?There are seven former UFC champions fighting on that card (including Jon Jones, who is an interim champion). How many of those seven will win a title again?Johnson:?[Bantamweight] T.J. Dillashaw, yes. [Welterweight] Johny Hendricks, no. [Heavyweight] Cain Velasquez, no. [Featherweight] Frankie Edgar, I dont know. We dont know if Conor McGregor wants to defend it. [Featherweight] Jose Aldo, same thing. [Heavyweight] Brock Lesnar, no. [Light heavyweight] Jon Jones, yes. I think Dillashaw, watching his last fight against Dominick Cruz, that fight could have gone either way. I think if you ran it back things could be different. Edgar and Aldo, who knows? Conor might say, F--- it, Im making money regardless of being a champion, and vacate it. Then youd have Aldo beating Edgar, Edgar beating Aldo. Ill say yes on both of them, why not? Hendricks, I just think youve got Wonderboy [Stephen Thompson] up there now, T-Wd [Tyron Wdley], Robbie Lawler. And Cain, I feel like the injury bug will hold him back, man. Thats my honest opinion. Its not even about winning his fights, its him staying healthy enough to get fights, and I think hell have a problem with that.Okamoto:?Agree with Johnson on everything, except Lesnar. Lesnar is definitely getting that belt back ... all right, maybe not. But yeah, Dillashaw is right there with Cruz. They are neck and neck. I think their next title fight (there will be a second one eventually) needs to be seven rounds instead of five because its going to be just as hard to score as the first one. Im pretty confident Dillashaw will have a belt around his waist again. Hendricks and Velasquez are nos for me as well, for the reasons DJ provided. The tough ones here are definitely the featherweights. Theres a lot of unknown with the McGregor situation. Ill say yes to Edgar and probably?for Aldo. If I had to pick one or the other, Id pick Edgar, even though hes older.3.?If you could add one matchup to UFC 200, what would it be?Johnson:?I dont know. Probably just [McGregor] fighting. One of the biggest fight cards Ive ever sseen was UFC 189 when Conor fought Chad Mendes.dddddddddddd The Irish fans were there and it was f---ing absolutely insane. I dont know. The card is pretty stacked as it is. I might say Nick Diaz fighting somebody, but I dont really care. I think its a gd card to begin with.Okamoto:?Yeah, youd have to add Diaz-McGregor II, right? Thats one of he most attractive main events of the year. On the other hand, I think there is such a thing as overkill when talking about one card. Diaz-McGregor II is a fight that deserves our full attention, as does Jones-DC II. If McGregor and Diaz were added to this card, obviously theyd get a lot of attention, but theyd have to share it with Jones, DC, Lesnar, etc. I kind of like having them on their own card. So, you know what? Scratch that. I dont want Diaz-McGregor II at UFC 200. Lets just add a fun one. Dude, how about this lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov-Tony Ferguson fight the UFC has tried to make about 14 times? Thats the fight I would add.4.?Over/under: How many total takedowns will Brock Lesnar need to defeat Mark Hunt in the co-main event?Johnson:?Hes gonna need a s---load, Ill tell you that. Its hard. I will say Brock Lesnar has some great ground and pound. Obviously, he hit hard because he knocked out Frank Mir.?Ill be real -- Ill say four takedowns. Four would be gd. I expect him to bull-rush Hunts ass. Thats the thing, t, though. Mark Hunts standup is more of a one punch, knock you out. Hes not throwing a jab, two, three, low kick. Hes basically measured, measured, measured, then fires. So, if Brock can move around, jab in, throw crosses, close into that clinch, that might be gd.Okamoto:?As crazy as it sounds, its possible he would only need one. Those Mir fights were a long time ago, but still -- Lesnar ate Mir alive once he got him down on the flr. And Mir is far more dangerous off his back than Hunt. Hunt is very durable and Lesnar has been off for a while. Even if Lesnar were to get him down relatively early in the first round and keep him there, I think Hunt could at least survive to make Round 2. So, Ill say Lesnar would need a minimum of two. I dont think one will do it. Bottom line, to just answer the question, if Lesnar wins, I think the total number of takedowns on his stat sheet will read three.5.?What was the best event, start to finish, in mixed martial arts history?Johnson:?Man, I couldnt even tell you. Theres so many of them. I have no idea. I would say UFC 100 was pretty dope. You had Georges St-Pierre on there fighting Thiago Alves, who was on a tear with his leg kicks. Brock Lesnar fought Frank Mir. That was a gd card. Theres just so many fights now, man. They almost kind of oversaturate it. I was in the gym the other day lking at [coach Matt Humes] fight posters of Pride and I was like, Man, they had some sick-ass fights back then. Wanderlei Silva fighting Mirko Cro Cop [Filipovic] -- and Wanderlei Silva weighing more than Cro Cop for that fight. Now, there are so many fights, its hard for me to sit here and answer which card was dope. Probably the best card ever Id say was Pride Critical Countdown [July 1, 2006]. You had Josh Barnett, Wanderlei, Cro Cop was on there -- that one was pretty sick.Okamoto:?Ill be honest, my answer probably wont give the old-schl cards enough credit. I just dont remember them as well, obviously. The Pride Critical Countdown Absolute card DJ mentions is a crazy lineup. In addition to the guys he mentioned, that card had Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem, both Nogueira brothers, Mark Hunt. That event was before I started covering the sport, though, so just personally, its not as high on my list. The first card that pops into my head for this is UFC 116: Lesnars comeback win against Shane Carwin, Chris Leben-Yoshihiro Akiyama,?Stephan Bonnar-Krzysztof Soszynski. That was a main card where every fight seemed to outdo the one before it. The energy in the arena was crazy. UFC 189 also had that feeling with McGregor-Mendes, Robbie Lawler-Rory MacDonald?and?Thomas Almeida-Brad Pickett. And I know it just happened, but UFC 199 -- with?Michael Bisping-Luke Rockhold, Dominick Cruz-Urijah Faber and Dan Henderson-Hector Lombard -- was a very memorable one as well. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 583 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen