from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey L

in Clan- und Funwars 03.06.2019 10:05
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

For years, Robert Guerrero was among the top fighters in his division, whether it was during his two reigns with a featherweight world title between 2006 and 2008 or when he held a junior lightweight world title in 2009 before moving up in weight.As a lightweight and welterweight, he also made a name for himself, winning interim belts in both weight divisions and facing some of the best opposition around and usually engaging in entertaining fights -- with Joel Casamayor, Michael Katsidis, Selcuk Aydin, Andre Berto and the one and only Floyd Mayweather.However, since beating Berto by decision in a memorable battle in November 2012, Guerreros record has been spotty. He is 2-3 since, with lopsided decision losses to Mayweather and Keith Thurman in welterweight world title bouts and a slightly more competitive decision loss to Danny Garcia for a vacant welterweight belt on Jan. 23, his most recent outing.The two wins came in a hellacious slugfest with Yoshihiro Kamegai and a decision against journeyman Aron Martinez, who dropped Guerrero in the fourth round and lost a split decision in a fight in which many thought Guerrero received a gift from the judges.Now Guerrero (33-4-1, 18 KOs), 33, of Gilroy, California, still with world title aspirations, takes a bit of a step back in terms of his opposition level in an effort to get back on track. He will face unknown David Emanuel Peralta (25-2-1, 14 KOs), who has faced abysmal opposition and will be fighting outside of Argentina for the first time, on Saturday (Spike, 9 p.m. ET/PT) in the 12-round main event of a Premier Boxing Champions tripleheader at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.There also are two other scheduled 10-round bouts on the telecast. Mexican brawler Alfredo Angulo (24-5, 20 KOs), 33, will face countryman Freddy Hernandez (33-8, 22 KOs), 37, in the co-feature, and 2012 U.S. Olympian Terrell Gausha (18-0, 9 KOs), 28, of Cleveland, will face Steve Martinez (16-2, 13 KOs), 26, of New York City, in the junior middleweight opener.Peralta, who turns 34 on Wednesday, is the epitome of a hand-picked opponent brought in to theoretically make Guerrero lk gd.Still, Guerrero knows he cannot merely rely on the fact that Peralta, on paper at least, appears to be in way over his head.I got a chance to size him up, Guerrero said at the final news conference Thursday. I saw how tall he is. Picking my spots -- seeing where I have to go. After lking at him, I know hes coming to fight. Im expecting a war. Like all Argentine fighters, I know hes got that hunger to prove hes worthy of this big opportunity and make the most of it.Im focused and the fans can expect to see me leave everything in the ring like always. Ive seen some tape on him. Hes one of those guys that is durable, a durable tall, lanky guy. His height is going to help him. I am expecting a tough fight, for sure. This is like a world title shot for him. I dont know what he is going to bring to the table, and that is exciting for me.Peralta has not boxed in 15 months and is geared up for by far the most significant opponent of his 11-year professional career.This is the biggest fight of my career. It is very important, Peralta said. I have to go out there and put on a great show. I want to go down the same path as [successful countrymen] Marcos Maidana and Lucas Matthysse. They were given great opportunities in their careers and tk advantage of them. I am going to take advantage of this opportunity.This is an opportunity to learn. Every fight and fighter is different. I have watched Guerrero fight, but every fighter is different. I have a game plan to beat him. I am well prepared. I came here to fight. I am prepared to go the distance. I am going to throw a lot of punches, move around and be ready to get the decision.Guerrero said he has studied what he could of Peralta, describing him as a laid-back counterpuncher. In other words, Guerrero is going to have to bring the fight to him, which is the way Guerrero likes to fight anyway.Im going to try and execute my game plan. We want to put pressure on him, he said. Ive had really gd sparring for this, and Im ready to go. My opponent is kind of a laid-back fighter. Hes going to wait for me to come to him and try to counter. I saw a lot of him lying on the ropes, so Ill come inside and try to give the fans a great performance. Im excited to get in there.Ultimately, what Guerrero wants is another shot at a world title, preferably with Garcia -- although Garcia is in the process of lining up an expected October defense against Berto.Im ready for a world title shot now. I want the Danny Garcia rematch, Guerrero said. I feel like I won the fight. He had some flashy shots, but he didnt want to fight. It is what it is, and it motivates me to get back to that position.Its very important that I win this fight at all cost. The welterweight division has plenty of gd fighters that I want to get in the ring with, so its a must that I win this fight. Im not taking Peralta lightly. Im coming to win and win impressively.Peraltas aim is to stop Guerreros quest for that title shot and perhaps get one of his own.Im physically and mentally prepared for this fight. Robert Guerrero is a great fighter and a great champion. Ive seen everything hes done, and I think this is my time, he said. The United States is a beautiful place, and Ive enjoyed being here very much. Im going to give a very hard fight on Saturday night. Im going to leave it all in the ring and come out with a victory. Buy Air Jordans Wholesale . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Wholesale Air Jordan 11 . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. http://www.wholesalejordan11.com/discount-jordan-11.html .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Cheap Air Jordan 4 Retro . Pierce was ejected in the third quarter of Indianas 103-86 win Monday. George Hill stole a bad pass and was going in for a layup, and Pierce hustled back and appeared to be trying to wrap him up. Cheap Jordans 11 For Sale . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. OKLAHOMA CITY -- After starting the season with a 6-1 record, the Oklahoma City Thunder were being lked at as the surprise team in the NBA. A week later, the Thunder are in a tailspin, riding a four-game losing streak.That is the situation that awaits the Thunder (6-5) when they play host to the Houston Rockets (6-4) on Wednesday night at the Chesapeake Energy Arena.The latest loss came Monday night when Thunder traveled to Detroit on the second night of a back-to-back. Near the end of the first quarter and the start of the second, Oklahoma City allowed the Pistons to go on a 23-6 run. It was an uphill battle from that point on, and Detroit emerged with a 104-88 victory.Defensively we started with really gd energy, Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. In fairness to our guys, you can always expect on a back-to-back that youre going to be a bit leg weary. Generally thats going to affect your offense. Sometimes on back-to-backs you cant put stock or onus on having a great offensive output, but you have to hang your hat on your defense.Oklahoma Citys defense is getting precipitately worse, but it hasnt just been against teams such as the Golden State Warriors or Los Angeles Clippers.The Thunders last two defeats came at the hands of the Orlando Magic and Detroit, clubs that rank in the bottom seven in the NBA in scoring. Each team managed to score over a 100 against the Thunder.Were one of the top teams in the league when we play defensively, Thunder guard Russell Westbrk told The Oklahoman. So Im not really worried about whos playing and whos not.Having issues with defense, however, is not a gd problem to have with the Rockets in town. Houston is 10th in the league in scoring at 107.8 points per game and fifth in 3-point shting at 37 percent.Houston has nt had a problem putting up points this season.dddddddddddd The Rockets are coming off a 115-88 plastering of the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday.I thought they came out with the right intensity, they came out the way they should have, Rockets coach Mike DAntoni said. We talked about it and came out in the second half the way we should have. That way we got some gd rest. I saw a lot of gd things.The Rockets might get even stronger Wednesday with the possible return of guard Patrick Beverley, who has been out since the preseason after undergoing left knee surgery.Beverley and the Thunder have a history that goes back to when he crashed into Westbrks knee during the 2013 postseason. Westbrk ended up with a torn meniscus that cost him the rest of the postseason. Thunder fans catapulted Beverley to the top of their most hated list, which he has held onto since then.Against the 76ers, Rockets guard James Harden posted 33 points, seven rebounds and nine assists. He is now one of only three players in history to average at least 30 points and 10 assists through 10 games. Harden was also named Western Conference Player of the Week.However, Harden seems to be more focused on making sure his team plays the right way.Were getting better game by game, and defensively were getting better and offensively has been better, t, Harden told ESPN.com. We take it one game at a time. These next three games will be extremely tough; well be all right as long as we continue to do the things weve been working on.Asked his assessment of the Thunder in the wake of Kevin Durant exit in free agency, Harden said, Its Russ. Its Russ, and its a one-man show. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 338 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen