stroke with 9:24 remaining in the first period after con

in Bewerbung 31.05.2019 09:53
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Alfredo Aceves had another successful spot start. Aceves threw six solid innings, Daniel Nava homered and the AL East-leading Boston Red Sox beat the Tampa Bay Rays 2-1 on Wednesday night. "Ace gave us a huge lift today," Boston manager John Farrell said. "He did an excellent job, and the bullpen came in and was stellar. This was a very gd series to win here and Ace had a lot to do with that." Boston won two of three in the series, which dropped the fourth-place Rays five games behind the Red Sox. "They did a nice job against us because weve been scoring a lot of runs," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "Theyve gotten us this year in a lot of close games and we have to figure out a way to beat them." Aceves (3-1), recalled before the game from Triple-A Pawtucket, allowed one run, four hits and four walks. This is the right-handers third stint with the Red Sox this season. "He came up today, he kept us in the ballgame, and won it for us," Boston catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said. Aceves allowed one run over six innings in another spot start on May 27, a 9-3 win over Philadelphia. Nava put the Red Sox up 2-0 on a third-inning, two-run homer off Chris Archer (1-2), who gave up two runs, four hits, four walks and struck out seven over four innings. The Rays rkie right-hander exuberantly left the mound after striking out Nava with the bases loaded to end the fourth. "He was into the game just as we were into the game," Nava said of Archer. "I just saw him jump up and down after that. Obviously it was just emotional. Hes just out there competing, wanting to win. I get that. It threw me off guard, thats all." Archer was making his third start this season, and appearing in ninth career big league game. "I was pretty amped," Archer said. "I was just competing and I wasnt holding anything back. When I do that, its not towards the other team." Evan Longoria got the Rays within 2-1 on a solo homer in the sixth. He has gone deep in three consecutive games after homering just once over his previous 26. Andrew Bailey, the fourth Boston reliever, pitched the ninth for his seventh save in nine opportunties. After Craig Breslow allowed a two-out double in the eighth Kelly Johnson, Koji Uehara entered and struck out Longoria. Jacoby Ellsbury extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single and scored on Navas two-out shot in the third. He also stole two bases in the game, giving him 29 for the year. Ellsbury has scored a run in 10 consecutive games, and stolen a base five straight games. Tampa Bay loaded the bases by drawing three walks from Aceves in the second, but failed to score when Yunel Escobar hit an inning-ending grounder. Aceves worked out of a two-on, no-out jam in the third by striking out Johnson and getting a double-play grounder by Longoria. Rays first baseman James Loney made a strong defensive play in the first, diving to his right to take away a potential two-out RBI single from David Ortiz. NOTES: Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz played catch for the first time since leaving his start last Saturday with neck stiffness. He might return to the rotation Sunday or Tuesday. ... Rays LHP David Price, on the 15-day disabled list since May 16 with a left triceps strain, will throw in a simulated game Thursday. ... The Red Sox optioned RHP Jose De La Torre to Pawtucket. ... Tampa Bay Buccaneers Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy threw the ceremonial first pitch. He was first scheduled to do it May 25, but was delayed that day getting to the ballpark due to a minor vehicle accident in which no one was injured. Larry Fitzgerald Jersey Cheap .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Josh Rosen Black Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternn by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. http://www.arizonacardinalsshoponline.com/budda-baker-cardinals-jersey.html .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Josh Rosen Jersey Sale . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. Arizona Cardinals Adrian Wilson Jersey .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Britain was thoroughly outplayed, yet weathered everything the star-studded Netherlands team could muster.Somehow, the British escaped the onslaught and got to a shtout with the game tied at 3-3 after regulation. Maddie Hinch did not allow a goal in the shtout, and Hollie Webb scored the clincher for Britain to claim its first gold medal in womens field hockey.Married couple Kate and Helen Richardson-Walsh won gold medals together for Britain. Helen scored the first goal in the shtout, a penalty stroke.Its really, really special, Kate said as she std next to Helen. To win an Olympic medal is special. To win an Olympic medal with your wife there next to you, taking a penalty in the pressure moments is so special, and we will cherish this for the rest of our lives.The Netherlands was trying to become the first nation to win three consecutive gold medals on the womens side Friday night. The Netherlands had five players who were pursuing their third gold.We did everything we needed to do, Netherlands coach Alyson Annan said. I think we played a fantastic game. We dominated the whole game, and we played as we should have and as we wanted to. Tactically, we were strong. Technically, we were strong. Physically, mentally, we were the better team. That makes it much more disappointing.After Helen Richardson-Walshs penalty stroke, Hinch tk care of business in the goal.Goalkeeping has its highs and lows, Hinch said. You can be the villain, but you can also be the hero for the moment. But for me today, that was a huge team effort. We knew the Dutch would havee their moments.dddddddddddd They are a fantastic side.Just getting the match to penalty strokes bordered on the miraculous, but Britain had developed a habit of closing strong throughout the Rio Games. The British were outshot 17-2 in the first three periods, yet trailed just 3-2. Britains Nicola White scored midway through the fourth period after a rebound on a penalty corner to tie the match.Britain held on and left it in the capable hands of its goalkeeper.You could see our faces when it went to shuffles, their faces just dropped and our faces kind of lit up, Britains Lily Owsley said. Its our thing, its Maddies thing.The Netherlands attacked hard from the beginning, as usual. The Dutch were awarded a penalty stroke with 9:24 remaining in the first period after contact in the circle, but Hinch blocked Maartje Paumens shot to keep the match scoreless. Britain came back three minutes later when Owsley tapped one in off a rebound.Kitty van Males high shot over Hinch evened the score early in the second period.Maartje Paumen scored on a penalty corner, but Britains Crista Cullen scored 42 seconds later to even the score again.Van Male scored again on a deflection on a penalty corner midway through the third period, then White scored to force the shtout.After the match, Owsley said the team will enjoy the Rio nightlife.We are going to have a few orange juices and see what Rio has to offer, she said.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter CliffBruntAP . ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 309 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen