with the trainer to look at Feldman. Foll

in Bewerbung 31.05.2019 09:53
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ATLANTA -- Tyrell Jenkins was t nervous to watch the ninth inning, so he headed to the clubhouse.I saw the first pitch and went in the kitchen and made a sandwich, he said. I had to do something to not be stressed about it.Jenkins earned his first career victory, pitching six innings and helping the Atlanta Braves beat the Philadelphia Phillies 2-1 on Friday night.Jenkins, acquired in the November 2014 trade that sent Jason Heyward to St. Louis, began the game with a 6.43 ERA and 26 baserunners allowed in his first three career starts, a span of 14 innings.Jenkins (1-2) did a lot better against the Phillies, allowing one unearned run on four hits and four walks. He struck out four.Pitching exclusively from the stretch, Jenkins struggled with his command in the fourth, walking two and loading the bases with two outs, but Odubel Herrera swung at the first pitch and popped up.I couldnt wait for this day to get here, Jenkins said. I hate sitting on a bad start. Watching the film, every ball that was hit this past Sunday (at Colorado) made me ready to get out there tonight.Phillies manager Pete Mackanin described Jenkins as effectively wild, but credited him for mixing in secondary pitches like his changeup.We knew that he walked people, but you cant sit on any pitch because he doesnt locate consistently, Mackanin said. It can be tough.Jim Johnson, the fourth Atlanta pitcher, earned his fifth save in eight chances.Nick Markakis went 3 for 3 with two doubles for the Braves.Vince Velasquez (8-3) gave up two runs and seven hits in six innings.The Phillies went up 1-0 in the third. Cesar Hernandez scored from first base when left fielder Jace Peterson bobbled Herreras single.Velasquez made 30 pitches in the bottom half of the inning as Atlanta tk a 2-1 lead on RBI singles by Gordon Beckham and Markakis.Velasquez has been mentioned in recent trade speculation, but the right-hander brushed it aside after the game.If they trade me, they trade me, Velasquez said. I cant do anything about it. The only thing I can do is pitch.The Phillies went 0 for 9 with runners in scoring position and are hitting .145 in those situations in the last eight games.FIGURE IT OUTInterim Braves manager Brian Snitker believes RHP Matt Wisler and RHP Aaron Blair will be back in the majors sn.Atlanta has a lot invested in Wisler, getting him in the trade that sent closer Craig Kimbrel to San Diego in April 2015, and needs him to command his slider better. Wisler was optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett Friday after giving up 16 homers in his last 10 starts.Blair, acquired in the trade that sent Shelby Miller to Arizona and brought Dansby Swanson and Ender Inciarte to the Braves, has made two strong starts at Gwinnett after struggling earlier in his demotion. Blair went 0-5 with a 7.79 ERA in 11 starts with Atlanta.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Jeremy Hellickson (7-7) is 1-0 in his last two starts, giving up one run in 14 innings.Braves: RHP Julio Teheran (3- is 6-3 with a 2.29 ERA in 11 career starts and one relief appearance against Philadelphia. Cheap Ray Ban Free Shipping . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Discount Ray Ban . By having more great seasons. Manning was the only unanimous choice for the 2013 Associated Press NFL All-Pro team Friday. http://www.salerayban.com/ . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. Clearance Ray Ban Sunglasses . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rney said. Ray Ban Sale Online . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. HOUSTON -- Lance McCullers couldnt find the strike zone in the third inning and Houston couldnt muster many hits most of the game, which led to a tough day for the Astros.Kendall Graveman threw eight solid innings and Stephen Vogt had three hits, including a homer, as the Oakland Athletics held on to beat the Astros 3-2 on Saturday.McCullers (4-3) allowed three runs on seven hits with six strikeouts and four walks in a season-low four innings. The right-hander had allowed four runs over his previous three starts before Saturday.I didnt see that he was at his best, Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. He was battling himself with three walks in the third inning. He was missing on all fronts. His pitch count had run up and he wasnt hitting the spots he needed to. It made for a shorter outing for him. It just didnt seem like it was his day.Vogt hit a solo home run to left field in the second, an RBI single in the third and came around to score on a Marcus Semien bases loaded walk that made it 3-0. The Semien walk was the third straight walk in the third inning following the Vogt single.Im not going to let three batters define my outing, McCullers said. I had a bad stretch with those three batters, and it hurt me. You take those three batters away -- I mean, you cant, but if you lk around those, Im sure my strike percentage was pretty gd.Graveman (5-6) allowed two runs on five hits and struck out three in extending his win streak to four games. The outing tied the longest of his career at eight innings, which he set June 13, 2015 at the Angels. He retired the first 14 batters to start the game before A.J. Reed singled with two outs in the fifth.We didnt do much to threaten him in the early innings -- in the first eight innings, Hinch said. We had a hard time getting multiple guys on base, but he did a gd job of moving his fastball around.The right-hander was replaced by Ryan Dull after allowing singles to Jake Marisnick and Marwin Gonzalez to lead off the ninth. Marisnick scored n a Jose Altuve groundout to third.ddddddddddddDull induced a Carlos Correa pop-up before Luis Valbuena hit an RBI single to cut the lead to one, but Dull struck out Carlos Gomez to earn his first save.Were going to keep fighting and we play until the end, Hinch said. Sometimes when you cant score or you dont hit, theres a dullness to the game and theres a lack of energy or enthusiasm, but our guys dont quit.Coco Crisp had two hits after serving a one-game suspension Friday, and Josh Reddick had two hits, including a triple.TRAINING RMAstros: OF Colby Rasmus was out of the lineup for a second straight game due to an ear infection. Hes still not feeling well, Hinch said. He would have played today and yesterday if he would have felt up for it, but it sounds like hes still a little under the weather. . RHP Scott Feldman, who threw 3 2/3 scoreless innings, left the game in the ninth. After allowing a single to Jed Lowrie to lead off the ninth, Hinch went out to the mound with the trainer to lk at Feldman. Following two warm-up pitches, Feldman was replaced by Chris Devenski. Hinch said Feldman was a little stiff, but it was a precautionary move, and he was day-to-day.UP NEXTAthletics: LHP Sean Manaea (3-5) will try to right the ship on the road Sunday when he takes the mound for the final game before the All Star break. Manaea is 0-3 with an 11.66 ERA in three road starts this season.Astros: LHP Dallas Keuchel (6-9) will lk to pick up his fourth straight victory Sunday. Keuchel allowed two runs on five hits in his last outing Tuesday against the Mariners.DULLS STREAK ENDSDull had stranded all 36 runners he had faced entering Saturday, but that streak came to an end on the Altuve fielders choice groundout in the ninth. The streak of inherited runners stranded was the longest by any pitcher in the expansion era, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 336 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen