scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored tw

in Mitglieder 30.05.2019 08:19
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- Next years Formula One championship promises to showcase young driving talent keen to emulate 19-year-old rising star Max Verstappen.Gdbye Felipe Massa, hello Lance Stroll.So long Jenson Button, welcome Stoffel Vandrne.As 30-somethings Massa and Button leave F1 with more than 550 races between them, they will be replaced by the 18-year-old Stroll and the 24-year-old Vandrne -- two of the fresh faces on a new-lk grid.Stroll is taking Massas seat at Williams, while Vandrne is replacing Button at McLaren.Others, like Frenchman Esteban Ocon, will be keen to make an impression in the way Verstappen has done.Verstappen, the youngest driver to win an F1 race when he won the Spanish GP in May when still 18, already has seven podium finishes.But the others are largely untested.Vandrne has raced once this year, as a stand-in for Fernando Alonso at the Bahrain GP in April, while Ocon has nine races after making his F1 debut at the Belgian GP in August.But it will be new territory for Stroll, the son of Canadian billionaire investor Lawrence Stroll.Williams announced earlier this month that Stroll would be taking the seat vacated by Massa, who is retiring.Stroll, who was part of the prestigious Ferrari driver academy, won this years European Formula 3 championship by a large margin.I want to be a quick driver -- maybe the quickest one day, he said. If Williams didnt think that I am ready, I wouldnt be here.Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams certainly thinks he is.Hes absolutely got the talent. We are going to have high expectations of him next year, she said. Anyone that has met Lance knows and understands that he deserves that promotion into Formula One. Hes extremely intelligent, a very quick learner.Stroll will be the youngest driver on the grid and F1s youngest since Verstappen made his debut last year at 17.Stroll, the first Canadian in F1 since 1997 champion Jacques Villeneuve, has been financially backed by his father since he was eight.Without that (backing) I wouldnt have been able to move from Canada to Europe and pursue my dream, he said. No matter how much money you have, if you are not able to be quicker than the rest you dont get anywhere.His fathers influence helped his son get a taste for the sport.I watched F1 races with my dad early on Sunday mornings in Canada when I was very young. Then I got hked, Stroll said. When I lk back at those days, it was fantastic sharing this passion for motorsport with my dad. Michael Schumacher was also a huge inspiration for me.Vandrne, meanwhile, won the GP2 series last year, and is so highly rated that Mercedes head of motorsport Toto Wolff said in August that McLaren would be crazy not to take him.Filling in for Alonso in Bahrain, the Belgian driver made an immediate impression.In qualifying, he was actually faster than Button -- the 2009 F1 champion -- and finished a creditable 10th in the race.Ocon made his F1 debut a month before his 20th birthday. He began this year racing for Mercedes in Germanys DTM touring car championship and was a reserve driver for Renault until the Manor F1 team snapped him up.He will have a quicker car when he joins Force India next season on a multi-year contract, replacing German Nico Hulkenberg, who will drive for Renault.Ocon has strong credentials, winning the European F3 series in 2014. That year, Verstappen finished third.As much as its sad to be losing a couple of the Formula One legend drivers, its going to be really exciting next year, Williams said.The first race of the season is the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on April 26, where German driver Nico Rosberg will defend his title after clinching it at Sundays Abu Dhabi GP. lwholesale.com/" target="_blank">Wholesale Vans Authentic . Westbrk has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. lwholesale.com/wholesale-sk8-vans/cheap-sk8-white.html" target="_blank">White Sk8 Hi Vans Shoes . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. lwholesale.com/" target="_blank">http://www.cheapoldsklwholesale.com/ . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. lwholesale.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Vans Old Skl For Sale . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. lwholesale.com/" target="_blank">Authentic Vans Old Skl . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer.Jamie Murray is hoping to emulate his brother Andy by winning an Olympic gold medal when the pair team up in Rio this summer. The brothers will compete together in the doubles competition for Team GB as Andy lks to add to the gold medal he won in the singles at London 2012.They will be hoping to improve upon their previous two Olympic performances in the doubles after suffering early exits on both previous occasions. The Murrays went out in the second round at the Athens Olympics in 2008 and exited on the opening day in London four years ago.Jamie Murray, who is currently top of the tennis doubles world rankings, is determined to avoid a similar fate this time around. Jamie Murray is targeting Olympic gold in Rio I am excited to go and play, Murray said, speaking exclusively to Sky Sports News HQ. It is going to be cl to play with Andy. London was a big disappointment for me personally.It is every four years, so to sit on that result for four years would be great. I really want to do well in this Olympics.It is probably our best chance to really get a gd result because we are both getting to the peaks of our careers.I am certainly playing some of the best tennis of my life so I want to try to make that count. Jamie Murray celebrates with the Davis Cup Murray was speaking in Dunblane as he brought the Davis Cup trophy home as part of a tour to thank all those who have supported the team.ddddddddddddHe was part of the historic winning team who lifted the trophy for Great Britain for the first time since 1936.The GB team, including brother Andy, began the defence of their Davis Cup title in March and will play their quarter-final against Serbia in Belgrade in July.The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) wanted to celebrate last Novembers win by taking the trophy on a tour to more than 90 places across the country.Jamie Murray returned to his old high schl and primary schl in Dunblane on Tuesday to give pupils a chance to see the trophy.Hundreds of tennis fans std in a long queue at Dunblane Sports Club later in the day to get a picture with the Davis Cup and meet the local tennis star.Murray said: I am excited to be back in my home town with the Davis Cup.Winning was an incredible moment personally and also for all involved and Im eager to help ensure a lasting legacy following this historic achievement.Seeing everyones reaction when they saw the Davis Cup and sharing a bit of that passion we had on court will hopefully encourage others to get involved and chse tennis as part of their everyday lives. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 174 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen