2011. He stressed he didnt panic when doctors told hi

in Bewerbung 29.05.2019 09:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SEATTLE -- J.A. Happ made a remarkable comeback from his serious head injury three months ago when he tk the mound for the Toronto Blue Jays against the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday afternn. The Mariners spoiled it with their best comeback in more than two seasons, using a six-run fifth inning to overcome a five-run deficit for a 9-7 victory. Humberto Quinteros two-run homer was the key hit in the inning. The Mariners went on to their largest comeback for a victory since April 11, 2011, also against Toronto, when they were down 7-0 and won 8-7. "They scored two runs early. We built a nice little lead," said Jays manager John Gibbons, whose team tk the first two games. "You expect to win those games. We didnt pitch t well today. "It was gd to see (Happ) back there. He lked fine as far as velocity, everything lked gd ... just not enough strikes. He was t erratic." Happ made his first start since May 7, when he suffered a skull fracture and a sprained right knee after being struck behind the left ear by a line drive from Tampa Bays Desmond Jennings. Happ left the field on a stretcher, spent the night in the hospital and had three months of rehabilitation, primarily for the knee. "Its been a long road to get back, but at the same time I felt ready to help us win," Happ said, "and frustrated that it didnt work out today." Happ went four-plus innings, allowing seven hits and seven runs. He walked three, struck out two and didnt get a decision. "Obviously, not how I wanted it to go," Happ added. "We should have won that game. We were ahead, scored seven runs early, and I wasnt able to kind of keep us holding onto that. So not the way I would have written it up, not what I was hoping for. But lking forward to the next one already." Brandon Maurer (3-7), who allowed eight baserunners and no runs in 3 1-3 innings, earned the win. Five Mariners relievers worked the final seven innings, allowing no runs and six hits. Its the first time since Sept. 28, 2011, against Oakland that the bullpen has thrown at least seven scoreless innings. Danny Farquhar worked an inning for his third save in five chances. Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind hit back-to-back home runs in the Jays five-run third, their 30th and 14th, respectively. It is Encarnacions second straight 30-homer season. Aaron Harang went just two-plus innings, allowing seven runs and five hits. He walked three and all scored in his shortest outing this season. Presented with a 7-2 lead by the third inning, Happ couldnt deny the fifth-inning rally. It started with a two-base error by third baseman Brett Lawrie on Nick Franklins grounder that popped over his glove. Kyle Seager singled and Kendry Morales ground-rule double scored Franklin. Happs day ended when he walked Michael Morse. Aaron Loup (4-4) tk over allowed one run on Michael Saunders forceout, two on Justin Smoaks double and two on Quinteros home run over the left-field wall, his second. He also had an RBI in the fourth. "Things have to go your way," Farquhar said. "Our big inning started with a ground ball to Brett Lawrie. It takes a funky bounce, the ball goes into left field, and bm, six runs. Baseballs a funny game. You just cant take anything for granted." Farquhar was originally drafted by Toronto in 2008, was traded away, traded back and eventually designated for assignment. "I ended up here. Its nice to face my old team. Ive been itching for three days to get in that game," said Farquhar, who has assumed the closer role the past two weeks. "I got in there, got the job done and Im pretty pumped." The Mariners touched Happ for two runs in the first. Leadoff batter Brad Miller dribbled a single up the third-base line. Franklin followed with a RBI triple into the right-centre gap. That broke his 0-for-27 hitless drought. Franklin came home on Kyle Seagers right-side groundout. Lawrie, born in nearby Langley, British Columbia, was 6 for 11 in the series and reached base eight times with a pair of RBIs. Josh Thole, rushed into the starting role minutes before the game because catcher J.P. Arencibia was scratched with right knee soreness, had a two-run double. Arencibia had an MRI after the game. Hell be re-evaluated Thursday. "Catchers deal with a lot of stuff throughout the whole year," Arencibia said. "Ive been dealing with it for a while. Its something that today got a little worse." There were 15 walks issued by both teams, including a season-high nine by the Mariners staff. NOTES: Mariners manager Eric Wedge paid a visit to the clubhouse before the game. He has missed the past 16 games after suffering a stroke July 22. He said he is still undergoing tests to get to full recovery and be able to handle the rigours of the job. Hes anxious to get back but there is no timetable for his return. . both teams have an off day Thursday. Mariners acting manager Robby Thompson plans to skip Erasmo Ramirezs start Friday to maintain a five-day routine for his other starters. Blue Jays John Gibbons plans to keep all five of his starters on the same rotation. "These guys could all use the (extra) day," he said. . Tests on Jays RHP Steve Delabar, placed on the 15-day DL Sunday, reveal inflammation in his right shoulder. Nothing serious, Gibbons said. . home umpire Dale Scott was hit hard on his face mast by a Jose Bautista foul ball in the second. He remained in the game for one inning before leaving. Todd Tichenor rotated from first in the third inning to replace him behind the plate. Swell Norge . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Swell Flaske Marble . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. http://www.swellflaskenorge.com/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Swell Flaske 500 Ml . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Swell Flaske Butikk .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby is just happy to be back playing hockey again.His teammates feel the same way, as a goal from Crosby in his first appearance of the season was all the Penguins needed to overcome a slow startCrosby jump-started a comeback as the Pittsburgh Penguins rallied from an early two-goal deficit to beat the Florida Panthers 3-2 on Tuesday night.We started off behind the 8-ball there getting down, but we stayed in it and had a big second half, Crosby said.Crosby, who scored on the power play, missed the teams first six games with a concussion.Carl Hagelin and Eric Fehr also scored for the Penguins, who extended a seven-game unbeaten streak against the Panthers.Marc-Andre Fleury, who has started the first seven games of the season for Pittsburgh, stopped 20 shots. Matt Murray, who backstopped the Penguins to a Stanley Cup in June, served as the backup to Fleury after missing the first six games with a broken hand.Reilly Smith scored a power-play goal and Mark Pysyk also scored for the Panthers, who have lost 11 of 12 against the Penguins in Pittsburgh.James Reimer made 19 saves in his second start of the season.Panthers F Jaromir Jagr returned to Pittsburgh where he won two Stanley Cups and five scoring titles, totaling 1,079 points in 806 games from 1990-01.The Penguins honored Jagr, the No. 5 pick in the 1990 NHL draft, during Tuesdays morning skate with a commemorative plaque made out of material from the Civic Arena rf. The 44-year-old Jagr, who is in his 23rd NHL season, ranks third all-time in NHL history in goals and points.For the most part, it was a gd game, especially the first two periods, Panthers coach Gerard Gallant said. I thought we played hard and played really well, but then we let it get away from us.Crosby cut the Panthers lead to 2-1 in the second period. Crosby, who was wide open in the slot, had to reach for a pass from Evgeni Malkin, but recovered to whip a shot from the slot over Reimers shoulder.I had some time, so you want to make sure you put that one in when you have that much time, Crosby said.Hagelin tied it in the third when he sent a shot underneath Reimers arm during a 2-on-1.Fehr put the Penguins in front for gd when he one-timed a pass from Tom Kuhnhackl between Reimers legs.Crosbys goal was the catalyst.Crosby, the two-time MVP and reigning Conn Smmythe Trophy winner, hadnt played since sustaining a concussion in practice earlier this month.ddddddddddddCrosby participated in a full-contact practice Monday for the first time since suffering his third concussion in six years. And while Crosby called his participation in practice a major milestone in his recovery, he still feels theres more to improve upon as he works his way back.Ive been skating on my own, so its tough to get in any practices or game situations, Crosby said. I kind of expect that, but I feel like things kind of slowed down as the game went on.Despite the concussion, he forced his way into the action Tuesday when he recorded a hit on the first shift of the game.When you miss that much time, you just try to get involved early, Crosby said.Crosby described himself Tuesday morning as a game-time decision, but coach Mike Sullivan said the Penguins captain would likely make his season debut barring a setback after participating in the game-day skate.Sullivan was happy with the results.For me, he didnt miss a beat, Sullivan said. We got a huge bst from his goal. Were grateful we got him back in the lineup and were a better team when hes in there.Crosby, who captained Team Canada to a World Cup of Hockey championship last month, missed the better part of two seasons after sustaining a concussion in January 2011. He stressed he didnt panic when doctors told him of the latest diagnosis.The Penguins, meanwhile, went 3-2-1 with Crosby out of the lineup. He hopes its the last one he has to miss.Im just happy to be back, playing my first game, Crosby said. Hopefully, I can play the rest of the season here.Game notes Jagr played his 1,635th career game, tying Scott Stevens for seventh all-time. ... Penguins D Kris Letang skated Tuesday with a no-contact jersey, but missed his third game with an upper-body injury. ... Penguins F Conor Sheary is not cleared to play and will be re-evaluated in a week. ... The Panthers played without Jonathan Huberdeau (lower body), Nick Bjugstad (upper body) and Jussi Jokinen (lower body). ... Penguins D Brian Dumoulin played in his 100th NHL game.UP NEXTPanthers: Continue a four-game road trip at Toronto on ThursdayPenguins: Host the New York Islanders on Thursday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 441 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen