n.Bests philosophy is summed up when he discusses missing ou

in Bewerbung 29.05.2019 09:52
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- While James Harden and the Houston Rockets aim for better results on their five-game road trip, the Washington Wizards hope the return of John Wall leads to a needed win.The Rockets (3-3) and Wizards (1-3) meet for the first of two games this season on Monday night after both sides lost on the road Saturday.Harden nearly pulled off a triple-double, but his 30 points, 12 assists and nine rebounds in Atlanta were in vain as the Hawks controlled the Rockets for a 112-97 win.Houston committed 25 turnovers, including six by Harden, and Atlanta shot 52.9 percent from the field.The Atlanta frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Paul Millsap and Kent Bazemore combined for 63 points on 25-of-42 shting from the field as the Rockets fell to 1-2 on their road swing.At some point, weve got to guard a guy, Houston coach Mike DAntoni said. We didnt really get down and guard. We didnt battle hard enough.Harden ranks fourth in the NBA in scoring (31.5) and leads all players with 12.3 assists.Walls 10.0 assists slots Washingtons point guard third overall. Hell have a chance to improve that stat after sitting out Saturdays 88-86 loss at Orlando.The Wizards plan, according to coach Scott Brks, involves resting the three-time All-Star in back-to-back game scenarios for the time being after Wall had two knee procedures during the offseason.The Wizards led 70-61 entering the fourth quarter on Saturday but sn fell back as the Magic scored 16 straight points. Late-game fades and spotty bench production have provided with an unwanted narrative early in the season.We have to find a way to be able to get stops and to be able to score the ball, Wizards guard Bradley Beal said. We have to do one or the other. The biggest thing we can control is our defense and that is all about effort and just wanting to play.I think Coach is pretty fed up with the way we are playing and I think he is going to start playing guys who want to play and guys who want to show up.Markieff Morris led the Wizards with 18 points, but his 3-point attempt at the buzzer missed after Washington tk possession with 0.7 of a second remaining.We had a gd lk, Brks said of Morris open shot off the inbounds pass. We cannot complain about having a chance to win the game on the road on a back-to-back. Our guys battled hard. They have nothing to be ashamed of.Unfortunately, we didnt get the win. We played well enough to win this game, though.The meeting is the first for former Wizards player Nene against his former team after playing parts of the previous five seasons in Washington. The Brazilian big man was a main cog for a team that reached the Eastern Conference semifinals in back-to-back seasons but missed the postseason with a 41-41 record in the previous season.Nene, who never played more than 67 games in a season with the Wizards, signed a one-year deal with Houston after Washington inked center Ian Mahinmi to a four-year, $64 million contract. The irony is Mahinmi has yet to play this season after suffering a knee injury. Air Max 95 Mens Outlet .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Cheap Air Max 270 . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. http://www.airmax270cheaponline.com/cheap-air-max-95-online/mens-air-max-95-sale.html . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Air Max 270 Womens Sale . PAUL, Minn. Wholesale Air Max 95 Womens . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. What is Tino Best most famous for? The title of his autobiography, Mind the Windows, suggests that Andrew Flintoffs cheeky sledge about Bests batting - he was stumped giving Ashley Giles the charge at Lords in 2004, as West Indies attempted to see out the final day of the Test for a draw - takes the prize.Then again, his 95 against England at Edgbaston in 2012 was also pretty memorable. Best briefly held the record for the highest score by a No. 11 in Tests, until Australias Ashton Agar - a number six, not a number eleven, Best grouses - waltzed his way to 98 the following summer. More recently, thanks to the serialisation of one of the chapters from his bk, entitled The Playboy Lifestyle, he came to attention for his love of maidens. No, not that kind. As he writes: I was a man whore.There are many reasons to remember the name Tino la Bertram Best - not least because of that distinctive, flamboyant la Bertram in the middle, which Best claims means the greatest. Sadly his bowling is not right at the top of the list; and that really is a shame, given that, for a time at least, he was one of the quickest going around.Despite his relative lack of success at international level, it is impossible not to warm to Best and be impressed by his life story. Inspired by his uncle, the West Indies batsman Carlisle Best, and the example set by his mother and four aunts, Best overcame the apparent disadvantage of being 5ft 8in to open the bowling for Barbados - for whom he has an excellent record - and then West Indies. Capable of getting it through above 95mph, he rubbed shoulders with Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar in crickets fast lane.Growing up without the influence of his father, who struggled with drug addiction and never saw Best play for West Indies, he overcame rejection at the start of his career, having turned up late for a trial with Barbados Under-19s. Although he wanted to be like Uncle Carlisle - who hked his third ball in Tests for six and scored 164 against England in Bridgetown in 1990 - Best discovered he could bowl at the sort of speed revered around the Caribbean as pace like fire.In his own, inimitable, words: I was as fast as a raccn. Hard work in the gym, and on the army base that provided his early employment outside of cricket, meant Best was sn being talked about beyond his native island. He was, however, a Ferrari without a steering wheel, and it would not be long before he sped off course at one of the many bends in the road encountered over a 15-year career.After being called up to face Australia at the age of 21, he experienced the unique difficulties involved with representing a collection of countries under one flag. West Indies players are all from different nations, with different cultures and from different backgrounds, making team spirit harder to build. The fact that he saw Ricky Ponting dropped off his bowling by Shivnarine Chanderpaul - in tthe gully, where Best observes thered be no way his Barbados team-mate Sulieman Benn would have missed the chance - on his first day in Test cricket did not help.dddddddddddd It was my first big international match and I felt lonely.There was also the expectation that came with being a quick bowler from a lineage as rich as West Indies. It was more than a year later that Best bagged his first Test wicket - Englands Graeme Thorpe, caught at long leg attempting to hk, at Sabina Park - and his first crack at international cricket seemed to bring rewards inversely proportional to the effort Best put in. People said I was the next Malcolm Marshall before Id even played a Test, he writes. I just wanted to be Tino Best. This was when Bests off-field performances overtk his impact with bat or ball for West Indies. A father himself at the age of 19, Best cheated on his childhd sweetheart and subsequently decided to enjoy the opportunities afforded by the lifestyle of an international athlete. On a tour of Australia, he was overlked by the coach, Bennett King. But I was bowling fast - at night.It all comes across as slightly cringe-worthy, despite Bests winning smile and apparent gd nature. He says hes a deeply religious man, and observes towards the bks conclusion: Ive done a few things that God might not like in my time. He says he is beginning to think about settling down, which might come as a relief to those who prefer to enjoy Best bowling fast in the daytime.Bests career may have added up to 57 caps and 97 wickets for West Indies but his love for the game pours out, and he certainly left a mark - on Makhaya Ntini, who was struck by his pace as a net bowler on South Africas 2001 tour; on Flintoff, who provides the foreword to Mind the Windows; on Sachin Tendulkar, who faced Best in his final Test. Yorkshire fans will remember his lung-busting contributions, t, and there are affectionate mentions for his polar-opposites bowling partner, Steve Patterson, and former coach Martyn Moxon.Bests philosophy is summed up when he discusses missing out on what would have been a remarkable Test hundred in 2012, when he was caught trying to damage the windows again:I dont play cricket for records. I enjoy the game and want to make people happy. I want to be spectacular. I want to be awesome… Theres a place for consolidating and working round: thats cricket. But I am West Indian and I will be flamboyant. If Im on ninety nine, Ill try and hit a boundary to get to a hundred. Its just how I think the game should be played.Tino la Bertram Best wanted to be a great entertainer, and in many ways he succeeded. He should always be remembered for that.Mind the Windows: Tino Best - My Story By Tino Best and Jack Wilson John Blake Publishing 228 pages, £18.99 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 369 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen